• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the release day by trading in my old copies of Pokemon Battle Revolution (which no one in the house ever plays nowadays) and Mario Kart Wii (which no one except my little brother's friend wants to play). Spoilers for my first impressions about the game:

While obviously being similar to the first Galaxy, it also has a lot in common with a lot of past Mario games - particularly Super Mario World, and if you consider that a bad thing you can go to hell because Mario World is the best 2D Mario game ever except maybe SMB3. It's nice to see games getting back to their roots. There are plenty of series that could do better by doing the same. hint hint Sonic

Anyway, they decided to ditch the whole Stargazer Observatory thing for the main hub, which means Rosalina's gone (and thus preventing the surge of Rule 34 material that was certain to come out with the new game). The overly depressing storytime sections seem to be gone too. Now you get your own spaceship shaped like Mario's head. It's actually kinda creepy but whatever. When you go to the wheel to control the ship, you enter the map select screen, which you may notice has a striking similarity to the SMB3 and NSMB map screens. Awwright.

The use of Yoshi, which is pretty much the big selling point of Galaxy 2, is kind of like what would happen if SMW had a kid with Super Mario Sunshine, but actually it turned out that SMW had cheated on Sunshine with Galaxy 1. When you want Yoshi to eat something, you point at the enemy you want, and a circle will appear around them. Pressing B will make him eat it. You can eat multiple things at once by highlighting them quickly enough, but the markers disappear after a short time. Like SMW, when you get hurt while riding him, he starts running around like a damn fool and you have to catch him. Unlike SMW, he has the common courtesy to stop and turn when he runs into a cliff, instead of doing the lemming thing on you. Not that it would be a huge problem if he did - there are nests that spawn new Yoshi eggs practically everywhere. He has a bunch of different abilities, judging from the back cover, which are like the suits Mario gets - just going by the back cover, there's Blimp Yoshi (he puffs up like a balloon and floats) and Dash Yoshi (he runs really damn fast). Speaking of Mario's suits, he gets at least two new ones - Rock Mario (gets into a giant rock and rolls over enemies, kind of like what Bowser does in the first Galaxy by the looks of it) and Cloud Mario (creates clouds to step on - I have yet to figure out how this works since I haven't gotten that far).

Please note that I only have 3 stars at the time of writing this, so the rest of the game might be substantially different. I'm hoping for a difficulty spike, because I was really disappointed by the final Bowser battle in the first one - the setup was so epic, but the battle was so easy.

Just got finished playing TF2 with moony when she was over. I found that I'm actually pretty good at being a Buddy-Medic to a Heavy; I spent two hours tailing her xD;

Mario Galaxy 2. Already in World 6.

Also playing lots of Trauma Team with my Mom, and my friends. And Fragile Dreams. Definitely one of the most unique games I've played. So far it's really good.

Also, No More Heroes 2, again. Wanna import the PS3 remake of the original sometime soon.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES.

It's sorta slow just now, but I like the social links I have going so far!

Monster Hunter Tri. At the moment stuck on the Barroth quest, but the rock-headed-dinosaur-locomotive-thing will die to my hands. Eventually.

And I have Cha-Cha to cheer me up! Ain't that lil' guy cute.

DS: Magical Starsign, about a quarter of the way through, and I love it.

PC: Victoria, Football Manager 2010, Katawa Shoujo

Also dropped by an arcade recently for the first time in years. I played some BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (beautiful!), Magical Drop 3, and DJ Max Technika (my rhythm skills have degraded).

I've gotten Tag Force back and naturally I'm going for 100% Album Completion with at least 3 copies of each Card, it's not easy!

I've gotten Kingdom Hearts 2, but I'm finding I prefer the Battle System for Kingdom Hearts 1, which I have now completed, but if I want the Secret Ending then I'm really gonna have to go back and be insanely anal!

But still I have Final Fantasy VI and VII, cuz I'm bored of VIII, to play, so gaming-wise, I'm not likely to get bored any time soon!

TF2. I still need to learn how to not suck, but I know that'll never happen.
Half Life 2: Smod Redux: Almost done beating it on insane. Next time I'll try it without godmode on.
Civ4: Dominating the entire world as the Sumerians? Pure fun.
SSBB: I play every so often, but I realize I'm much worse than I think I am.

DS: Pokemon Diamond/Ruby (swapping every now & then)

PS3: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (Such a great fighting game)

I'm sort of juggling SoulSilver, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, and Infinite Space right now. All for the DS.

All four main series Onimusha games, and Tactics. So far, Samurai's Destiny, and Dawn of Dreams have taken me the longest. Tactics doesn't count toward time cause that's an SRPG, and it's going to take a while anyway. Especially since I need to use the Dark Realm to grind :c

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, because I'm attempting to see if I have any chance of speedrunning it 100% (like, for a world record or something). My most recent attempt got me two hours on the nose.

My dad's ex-girlfriend got me the original Pokemon Pinball last week and a Game Boy Color. I've been amused for a very long time by it. Trying to catch 150 Pokemon by playing pinball is much more easy than trying to catch 450+ in a regular game.

playing the demo for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker again and again until I can buy the real deal.

I'm playing The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time on the Zelda collection edition for the Gamecube. I just got to Ganon's castle today and my older brother is comming over tomorrow and he's gonna do that part for me, he's done the Forest Temple for me but I did the Fire, Water, Shadow and Spirit temples on my own. Man I hate the Water Temple boss that thing is a pain in the ass to fight.

I'm playing The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time on the Zelda collection edition for the Gamecube. I just got to Ganon's castle today and my older brother is comming over tomorrow and he's gonna do that part for me, he's done the Forest Temple for me but I did the Fire, Water, Shadow and Spirit temples on my own. Man I hate the Water Temple boss that thing is a pain in the ass to fight.

He's not so bad. You should try running through the whole game without pick up any Heart Containers or Heart Pieces. Playing with only 3-hearts doesn't really make the game much harder, but it's a nice challenge.

I recently found a stash of my old Gamcube games. I looked back on them and realized that I never beat the final boss in Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door. Now I am obsessed with that game but I can't beat that last very one-sided boss battle with the Shadow Queen

I recently found a stash of my old Gamcube games. I looked back on them and realized that I never beat the final boss in Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door. Now I am obsessed with that game but I can't beat that last very one-sided boss battle with the Shadow Queen

Ah, I remember that fight... I dunno how your party is set up, but I had Mario almost at the level max, and Vivian upgraded twice. Fiery Jinx = Win. It still was no picnic, but that move and Veil are game savers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom