• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Languages Do You Speak?

English (My name is IcySapphire)-my native tongue
Spanish (Me llamo Icysapphire)-somewhat fluent, but still need a dictionary
a little Japanese (Watashi wa IcySapphire)

English :(

I fucking suck at grasping new languages and the Spanish lessons at school weren't frequent enough to learn alot. It was about.. 2 lessons every 2 weeks.
Lame!!

Buut I do keep finding myself understanding little bits of spoken Japanese and going "OOO I UNDERSTOOD THAT" then facepalming because.. srsly that's just facepalm worthy D:

English, Small amounts of German and French and I can read and carry out small conversations in Russian.

I only fluently speak English, although I'm... okay at French and I know a little bit of Spanish. I know how to say 'welcome' and 'thank you' in Scottish Gaelic and uh that's really it. xD

English.

... What, you expected more? I wish ;~;

I'm taking French this coming year in high school, and when I was in kindergarten we had a Spanish class (and I also had a computer game designed to teach basic Spanish as well as a book called "1000 words in Spanish" or something of the sort), so I know a little basic Spanish. I knew more when I was younger.

I can read and write it pretty well, and understand it more or less perfectly, but speaking it is a problem. I have trouble with some words and expressing what I want to, leading to me just pausing and staring blankly, getting very frustrated.

I'm like that too, except I'm not Hispanic. :p

I want to learn way too many languages now...
Dutch, French, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Catalan, Arabic and 1 Indian language, preferably south or east.

IcySapphire said:
a little Japanese (Watashi wa IcySapphire)
link008 desu. seems to be a bit more common to me. But maybe I just watch too much anime subbed. XP

Last edited:
I speak English fluently, and I've had about one and a half years of French from school. (Really just one because about half of my freshman year was what I had learned it eighth grade). I can read it and write it, but my teacher didn't concentrate really on speaking it and my classmates were no help whatsoever so I usually speak French really slowly. I also know maybe... ten words in Spanish.

I'd like to learn some others languages; I just don't know what.

I am fluent in English, as it is my first language. I have seriously choppy French, and pretty decent Spanish. I am confident that I would be able to hold a conversation in Spanish; probably not an intelligent or fast paced one, but I have near perfect grammar, and my vocabulary is ever expanding.

I've always wanted to be able to speak Welsh. It'd be kind of neat but it's not really in my top five PRIORITIES IN LIFE so I'm probably never going to learn it.

Back
Top Bottom