• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What really annoys you about the Pokemon Anime?

S.K

Is taking you from behind.
Filler episodes and the fact that Ash gives away all his decent pokemon; Butterfree,Primeape,Squirtle. Theres loads of others I can't think of. I mean, he was willing to give away Pikachu at one point.

It helps if its not in the title, or the one you've seen on screen for like the last 20 mins

The plots that they just drop like rocks. But I love Pokémon FOR it's flaws. I didn't come for a masterpiece, I came for a good time.

I agree, when I watch WTFP, i'm like RELAX! its a childrens anime. Love it and whats wrong with it but you can't help but luv it.

@cheesecake: Thank you for pointing that out. I'm not the only one to think so.

Also, how much of a Mary-Sue everyone is. It makes me want to scream/gouge out eyes.

The fact that Ash has, since the voice change, been unable to pronounce the letter 'g' at the end of words.

Oh, and how Dawn is an infectous canker of stupid that is slowly spreading through the already disease-ridden body of the anime's dialogue.

I haven't looked at the anime in long time but I have had some pet peeves.

~How Team Rocket, at this point in time, still haven't found any valuable Pokémon to catch other than Pikachu. Are they never going to learn they can't have him?
~How Pokémon are always referred to as "it". It bothers me a lot because I consider them to be animals, and animals have genders.
~Whenever there's an episode where the characters spend the entire time trying to help out some random one-shot character and his Pokémon doing some simple task.

I can think of more later. I haven't seen any of the Diamond/Pearl anime so I wouldn't know much. I think the last episode I seen was before it got moved to Cartoon Network.

The fact that it needs more really evil villians, maniacal laughter, and paranormal stuff.

No seriously, it does need more evil. Desperately.

The show started to suck after the first Kanto series; the changed the good voice actors; Max and May annoy this shit out of me; Team Rocket is getting ridiculous and they changed their theme song to a sucky one; Ash releases pokemon all the time and won't use his stronger ones when he needs them; Gary makes the rival in Diamond/Pearl wet his pants; No more Misty, too much Brock; [s[Dawn's skirt isn't short enough[/s]; He won't evolve, like, more than half of his pokemon, including Pikachu (Raichu's too beast to pass up); HE NEVER CHALLENGES THE ELITE FOUR; How do Ash and co. always encounter with a legendary pokemon, I wonder; so many filters where he meets someone and he has to help them out in 1-3 episodes...

Yeah... that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Oh, and it needs more, "Finding a Ho-oh's worth a lot of dough-oh" and other spur-of-the-moment songs from TR. And more high-speed chases.

AND MORE EVIL POKEBALL STEALING USING EVIL LEVITATION COURTESY OF ASH.

The voice changes. Nearly all of them! D:
That's when it started going horribly, irreversibly downhill.
It's repetitive, too. They started to run out of good ideas long ago. I wish they had awesome spinoffs that weren't for little children; that would be much better.

~How Team Rocket, at this point in time, still haven't found any valuable Pokémon to catch other than Pikachu. Are they never going to learn they can't have him?
more like if Team Rocket wants a goddamn Pikachu so badly why don't they go to Viridian Forest or Lavender Power Plant and just catch one. Or how about looking for a Pokemon that their boss would actually want?

There is nothing special about Ash's other than the fact that it's trained. Any wahoo can train a Pikachu. Therefore Ash's Pikachu is neither valuable nor rare.

~How Pokémon are always referred to as "it". It bothers me a lot because I consider them to be animals, and animals have genders.
It has always been thus in the games, maybe because game developers are/were too lazy to code in the logic to output "him" or "her" when referring to, say, a Pokemon in the player's party or something. I suppose the cartoon is just following suit.

Back
Top Bottom