• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What T.V Shows are Nostalgic to You?

oh man
that was just
the best thing

This scene is a strong contender for the best scene in anything, ever:
tumblr_lvl1lqy7X21r0iarjo1_400.gif

I got a retractable measuring tape for work the other day, and it sparked a several-hour-long discussion about the brilliance of W&G, specifically The Wrong Trousers.

I saw Battlebots live once, which was one of the other shows like Robot Wars. no fire in Battlebots, though. I still own a few pieces of destroyed robot.

That is super, super cool. I always wanted to go to a recording of Robot Wars, though mostly to meet Craig Charles. And yell "PIT PIT PIT" at an unforgiving House Robot (pref Matilda <3).

Yes. Yes it was. I used to sketch robot designs for that show.

I remember me and a friend once made one out of paper mache. We gave it a name and everything. It had a flipper, and that was before Chaos 2 made them cool.

Eifie said:
I was going to post in this thread about Jungle Run but then I thought probably no one would know what that was. I loved Jungle Run so so so so much. It was my favourite show! Unfortunately I lost all of my video cassettes where I could find a bunch of old episodes when we moved. :'(

I used to have loads of cassettes with excellent things on (Pokemon episodes and films taped off the telly at Christmas) that I can't watch anymore (and might not even own) because I don't have a VCR. My sister and I had a tape with Jumanji and Tim Burton's version of James and the Giant Peach that we used to watch all the time. I miss it.

Photo Finish said:
Just remembered Zzzzap! That was fun too.

Daisy Dares You terrified me. And those floating hands! Who thought up the premise for that show? Adventure Time has nothing on Zzzzzap!.

Jungle Run was great, too. I loved those gameshows! 50/50 and Get Your Own Back were where it was at. And THE CRYSTAL MAZE was the absolute best thing ever (with Richard O'brien, of course).

Oh my god, kids' gameshows. Why were they so entertaining. Because they were great.

But oh my god oh my god I forgot Jungle Run existed except I was always trying to remember its name omg and there were like... monkey statues??? SO GOOD

Ahhh stuff like My Parents Are Aliens were just sort of genuinely quite great. Was anyone a Tracy Beaker kind of person? I remember all this stuff picturing me and my sister just sat watching them kind of sceptical and scornful and yet we still watched these things for hours, so that says something. I think the best thing about having a sibling relatively close in age is definitely being able to recall kids' tv shows. :D

LOL omg I just looked up the wiki for Jungle Run, as you do, and it was all shot thirty miles from my house. I guess not the house I was in at the age I watched all this stuff but still. btw the Angel Falls segment was objectively the best.

wow wow just remembering when ~Dick and Dom~ were trying to be the new Ant and Dec except they appeared when my sister was at prime kids' TV viewing age so she was ~of the Dick and Dom generation~ idk she just watched a lot of things with them and at first we both scorned them as pretenders but then she joined their side and I had to desperately point out how stupid and unfunny they were at every opportunity. actually I spent a lot of time saying the kids' tv she watched was stupid and unfunny. I was a jerk. but she really did watch a lot of the Tweenies, ew. I hope you enjoyed my story.

what the fuck are tweenies I can't even remember. possibly they lived on a pink spaceship.

What are you talking about, Dick and Din were hilarious.

I mean when I go back and watch SMTV:Live now, I don't find it particularly entertaining at all. But Dick and Dom is still quite funny because of just how much they messed up everything all the time and went into fits of laughter about it.

Oh, and they worshiped the chuckle brothers which I can definitely relate to.

I watched the Tracy Beaker series! But I never liked it as much as the books. :(

Yeah, I remember the Tracey Beaker books, but I never really watched the TV show, I think I was slightly too old for it (she said, on a Pokemon forum) when it started showing. I liked Jacqueline Wilson's books quite a bit, though they were so sad all the time.

I remember Ant and Dec (oh my god, 'Thank you, Ant or Dec' is the best line in Love Actually and nobody but our generation knows why) more than Dick and Dom, but one of my absolute favourite nostalgic shows was Dead Ringers, a sketch/impression show that was on in 2001-5(ish?) and I didn't understand most of the political stuff (I loved Andrew Marr's giant arms and Fiona Bruce's sexual innuendo, though), but lots of the parodies were amazing, the best of which was undoubtedly 'Brian Sewell in Da Stately Home'.

"Where are Dick and Dom?"
"I drowned them in the ornamental lake."

Okay, what. Apparently the Tweenies just existed in a playschool. Does anyone have any idea what the kids' show about potentially being on a pink spaceship was?? there were like four or so... things. on this spaceship. and a catchy opening song possibly. also possibly the 'tw' sound was involved in the name.

It is imperative that I know.

I just remembered another thing! Fingertips, which was a make-it-yourself program sort of like that one section of Blue Peter, and it was presented by Fearne Cotton and Stephen Mulhearne.

Okay, what. Apparently the Tweenies just existed in a playschool. Does anyone have any idea what the kids' show about potentially being on a pink spaceship was?? there were like four or so... things. on this spaceship. and a catchy opening song possibly. also possibly the 'tw' sound was involved in the name.

It is imperative that I know.

I do recall the intro to the tweenies having a space ship in it, but I can't remember if it was purple.

The tweenies were after my time. I remember my sisters watching it a lot.
And yes, it did have a purple spaceship. Dunno why though, the show was about those kids in a preschool or something.

Well Animanics (which show's on the hub now) is one of them, maybe XD;

Although theres quite a good amount more nastalgiac than it.

Back
Top Bottom