• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What T.V Shows are Nostalgic to You?

Scootaloo

spooky? do you think i'm spooky?
Here you can talk about the television shows that bring back good or bad memories to you!

To me the Powerpuff Girls, Pokemon, and The Amanda Show are programs that had a big part when I was little.

Bill Nye the Science Guy. It was on the television in Canada when I lived there. That is about twenty years ago.

Weekenders. The Indigo Plateau arc of Pokémon. Most everything on Nickelodeon in the late 90s/early 2000s.

All the cartoons that were shown on weekend mornings in Iceland when I was little. Animals of Farthing Wood, The Silver Brumby, The New Adventures of Ocean Girl, etc. - shows nobody else on the Internet has ever heard of, for the most part. :(

Hey, Animals of Farthing Wood aired worldwide, as far as I know, and is definitely one of my most nostalgic memories.

Most old-school British kid's TV. The Wombles, The Clangers, Rosie and Jim, Postman Pat, Pingu, and then the stuff for slightly older kids; Blue Peter, Art Attack, smART, How2 and probably more I'm forgetting. My housemates and I had a good ol' reminisce about Wallace and Gromit the other day.

And Robot Wars, which was the greatest thing to ever grace the humble screen.

Friend: So you grew up in Australia, right? What kind of kids shows did you watch down there?

Me: Oh, well, I watched Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Amanda Show, lots and lots of Pokémon... pretty much everything on Cartoon Network, Disney, or Nickelodeon...

Friend: So you didn't get a lot of British shows? Last time I talked with my friend in England she said they got a lot of shows like Postman Pat and...

Me: POSTMAN PAT. POSTMAN PAT. POSTMAN PAT AND HIS BLACK AND WHITE CAT.

Friend: Oh god damn it...

Oh geez, I miss sooo many shows I watched when I was a kid. Street Sharks, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Salute Your Shorts.... and the stuff from when I was really little, like Gullah Gullah Island.

CAMP ANAWANNA, WE HOLD YOU IN OUR HEARTS~

And Robot Wars, which was the greatest thing to ever grace the humble screen.
I saw Battlebots live once, which was one of the other shows like Robot Wars. no fire in Battlebots, though. I still own a few pieces of destroyed robot.

I just wanted to share.

yeah mainly things like Art Attack, though for some reason I never really... watched Blue Peter? Huh! It was definitely on, maybe I didn't like it. And... SMTV? That was pre-tty cool. I saw that one Friends parody way, way before I ever saw Friends and was convinced that it was the original for a good while. Ugh it was good.

Robot Wars every Sunday!!
Sunday mornings were for that one show where they delivered the mythical Pokemon anime (it was really hard to catch in the UK!), like 8am or something and I would tape them every week so there are a couple of Johto episodes that are like. engraved into my memory. I still have some of the recordings!!

We never had Sky or any of the pay channels, so most old cartoon shows and things never got to me. :C I was intensely jealous of that one dude in the neighbourhood who had All The Channels. Dick.

Tots tv. And teletubbies. And sometimes cow and chicken when we went up to my grandmar's (who had sky).

Oo, and art attack. I loved that.
Sunday mornings were for that one show where they delivered the mythical Pokemon anime (it was really hard to catch in the UK!), like 8am or something and I would tape them every week so there are a couple of Johto episodes that are like. engraved into my memory. I still have some of the recordings!!
Did that show have Ant and Dec in it? I remember that...

Of all of the episodes of Chums that found their way onto youtube, I can't find the one where Ant trips up and smashes their new glass coffee table. I found that hilarious at the time.

I also remember my friend used to come round my house and we'd watch whatever was on, usually whatever was on CITV. The Queen's Nose, Cardcaptors, How2, My Parents are Aliens, Jubgle Run and Mona the Vampire used to be on all the time.

And there are a few TV shows that only I seem to remember. A show about an alien spaceship that was the size of a car called Aquilla. Another one about a robot man who lived/worked in a hotel (and the owner of the Hotel was Blon the Slitheen from Doctor Who, I think?) called Mr Whyme, who kept getting his hat pooed on by birds. Another one about a cyclist (possibly a pizza delivery man) who lived in a tall tower called Hubbub or something like that. And another one about a brain shaped alien who could grant wishes and had to do so in order to fix her ship for some reason - that one was called something like WYSIWYG. It probably wasn't spelled like that but it was pronounced like it.
Oh oh and another one with puppets who fell from the sky in the theme tune called something like Land of the Forgotten Trolls?

And from when I was REALLY young there was Brum, Fogotten Toys, Tots TV, Rosie & Jim, Superted, Fireman Sam, and some show or other that I can't remember anything about other than one of the characters reminded me of Brock except he was made of quilts or something like that.

oh man
that was just
the best thing

The Wrong Trousers and A Grand Day Out are on youtube if you want to watch them!

yeah mainly things like Art Attack, though for some reason I never really... watched Blue Peter? Huh! It was definitely on, maybe I didn't like it.

Oh man, it is my dream to be a Blue Peter presenter. They get to go all over the world and do arts and crafts and have pets (including George the tortoise!) and present children's television.

Photo Finish said:
I also remember my friend used to come round my house and we'd watch whatever was on, usually whatever was on CITV. The Queen's Nose, Cardcaptors, How2, My Parents are Aliens, Jubgle Run and Mona the Vampire used to be on all the time.

Oh man, my heart belongs to the BBC, but CITV had some great stuff. My housemates and I watched something with the dad from My Parents are Aliens in the other day (something grown-up, possibly with swearing/sex), and we ended up tracking down episodes on youtube and reliving its brilliance. Jungle Run was great, too. I loved those gameshows! 50/50 and Get Your Own Back were where it was at. And THE CRYSTAL MAZE was the absolute best thing ever (with Richard O'brien, of course).

And THE CRYSTAL MAZE was the absolute best thing ever (with Richard O'brien, of course).

I used to watch that so much. What was up with that harmonica?

EDIT: Just remembered Zzzzap! That was fun too.

Last edited:
Jungle Run was great, too.

!!!

I was going to post in this thread about Jungle Run but then I thought probably no one would know what that was. I loved Jungle Run so so so so much. It was my favourite show! Unfortunately I lost all of my video cassettes where I could find a bunch of old episodes when we moved. :'(

Back
Top Bottom