• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

You know how there are those rare Water Pokémon in D/P? I don't mean Feebas, I mean just those "five percent with the Super Rod" guys. Well, I got at least three of those on the first try.

- Years ago, I was playing Stadium 2 with my cousin. We were battling with random teams, and it eventually came down to my rental Qwilfish against his rental Ponyta. I turned and looked at him and said, "How funny would it be if I got a critical hit right now to win?" To this day, he hates it when I say "Qwilfish."
- During our first playthrough of B/W, same cousin and I decided to have a 3-on-3 Lv30 singles battle against each other just to test the wifi waters. (Zebstrika/Sawk/Drilbur vs. Zebstrika/Sawk/Swoobat) As if that weren't enough, both of our Sawks had Quick Claw.
- Less ironic or surprising than it is funny... Battled a Zoroark illusioned as Klinklang. Used a Fighting-type attack to OHKO it anyway.
- More recently, I found a wild Lv29 Unfezant in shaking grass. It took me a moment to realize it was an illegal 'mon. I know it's not the first time it has happened in Pokemon (given all the Lv5 and 6 Metapod/Kakuna in Viridian Forest), but I figured they would've broken this habit by Gen V.

- Found a Lv. 22 Leavanny. I know, underleveled.
- I laugh at N. He always sends out his Vanilluxe, performs Hail. I get rid of it. He puts out Carracosta. Put it at one HP. Hail gets rid of it.
- Absolutely unlucky. My family (specifically my big sis and lil bro) has a status curse...I am prone to paralysis, sis is prone to poison, and bro is prone to confusion.

- Found a Lv. 22 Leavanny. I know, underleveled.

Lv22 Leavanny isn't impossible. Sewaddle evolves into Swadloon at Lv20, and from there it evolves by happiness. Unlikely? Yes, but far from impossible. Though, I never found a fully evolved Leavanny in the wild anyway, so I guess it'd be interesting to see regardless.

One time on Platinum I was chaining Nincada in Eterna Forest so I could get a shiny. I got up to around 15, I think, but then my chain was broken...

...by a shiny Cascoon. Hehe.
Because I'm so uncreative, I called it Shiny. Then I evolved it, caught a regular Cascoon, evolved that, and called it "Not Shiny."

In Explorers of Time, I named my Anorith Shellblade (because it has sharp claws and a strong exoskeleton). Later, I found out that Shell Blade was a Japanese name of a Gen V move. At least the Hoenn offensive fossils don't learn it.

Hariyama used Close Combat!
*Alakazam hangs on with 1HP*
Hariyama's Defense fell!
Hariyama's Sp. Def fell!
Alakazam: FYSHSHHHHHHHNN *doop*
Alakazam fainted!

...wot

(edit: also then the game froze when I sent out something else even though my Alakazam very definitely still had 1HP)

[Unfezant] used Fly.
[Unfezant] flew up high.
Drifloon used Explosion.

Two pokémon later...

[Unfezant] used Fly
[Unfezant] flew up high
Swablu used Perish Song

Pokemon mystery dungeon... Fighting regigigas... Team charm using healing wish and not actually attacking during the course of the battle. That made me laugh. Than it made me kill them all with focus blast. Isn't life a funny thing?
Other than that... Possibly the fact that during one the last of my many fights with ghetsis (I sped through the game with the greatest of ease because it was so easy, and than I was really weak at the pokemon league, like team of level 35's weak.) his cofragigus beat all but one of my pokemon... That pokemon being swanna, who had an abnormally high speed, even for a swanna... And swanna beat all of his pokemon, every single one. It was really weird. Critical hits an flinches, mostly. It was hilarious.

[Unfezant] used Fly.
[Unfezant] flew up high.
Drifloon used Explosion.

Two pokémon later...

[Unfezant] used Fly
[Unfezant] flew up high
Swablu used Perish Song

Fly + Explosion aren't as crazy as when you meet a wild Skuntank and it uses Memento immediately. That's happened to me several times.

Fly + Explosion aren't as crazy as when you meet a wild Skuntank and it uses Memento immediately. That's happened to me several times.

The Skunktank thing has happened to me as well, but you'd think a trainer might catch on to the fact I was using Fly the first time it happened and not use another suicidal move. Or just not use Perish Song with his last pokémon, which basically means you'll lose in three turns anyway.

...In the Battle Subway, I just met a Garchomp.

It used Protect.

at least 6 times.

In a row.

WITHOUT ANY OF THEM FAILING.

At least I ran out of PP for the only move that I could effectively kill it with, therefore dragging the battle on for another ten minutes, literally.

I just found out today when I was giving my Heatmoor the TM for Flamethrower, that Slowbro can apparantly learn it as well. What the hell... how does this make sense?

Back
Top Bottom