• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

That's happened to me two. I'm not sure why, but I think that they made bikes somehow not always count the steps toward the egg step total. Well. That's my theory. I'm not actually sure.

I can think of one way to do it without glitching or something but it would be way out of your way. As in, get the egg, get another after 256 steps, deposit the first one in the PC and return to the PC after another 255 +<to the PC> steps with the second egg, withdraw the first one...but...

"Piplup hatched from the egg!"
One step later...

Not long after...

"Dratini hatched from the egg!"
One step later...

It happened again with two Chimchar (It's also happened with Vullaby+Chimchar and Oshawott+Archen, but it's not quite the same)

I can think of one way to do it without glitching or something but it would be way out of your way. As in, get the egg, get another after 256 steps, deposit the first one in the PC and return to the PC after another 255 +<to the PC> steps with the second egg, withdraw the first one...but...

I was shifting them in and out of the PC as eggs pretty much at random. It's a coincidence, but an impressive one.

How exactly am I using my Snorlax to Surf?
And why does it have the ability to hurl lightning at its foes?

Seems that it's lighter than water. You probably stand (or sit) on its belly and it swims using its legs.

As for lightning... Look at Zigzagoon. I wouldn't expect it to be able to learn Special moves either. The same with Rattata, Nidos, Mankey, Meowth etc. Even Rhyhorn can learn Thunder.

One step later...

Not long after...

One step later...
This is happening to me all the time as I'm masuda-ing for shinies. I've even had three eggs hatch in a row, without depositing/withdrawing them from boxes or anything (I'm taking eggs from the daycare dude straight after I've deposited a newly-hatched, eggs never go to the box).

should not be possible.
How come is it happening then? I always thought there was some random variable in the 'steps to hatch' thing that made it possible. :?

This is happening to me all the time as I'm masuda-ing for shinies. I've even had three eggs hatch in a row, without depositing/withdrawing them from boxes or anything (I'm taking eggs from the daycare dude straight after I've deposited a newly-hatched, eggs never go to the box).

How come is it happening then? I always thought there was some random variable in the 'steps to hatch' thing that made it possible. :?

it should always be 256 or 255, depending on generation, between hatches, unles they'e changed something.

Something changed, otherwise this whole "It hatched!" one more step "It hatched!" Thing wouldn't be happening.

Lets see.
Golurk, which doesn't have any wings whatsoever can fly, but Druddigon who does have wings, cannot learn to fly.

I something get crazy EV training intentions. It usually happens with Pokémon that have both base defensive stats the same. I notice that the Pokémon's Defence is slightly higher than its Special Defence, but I want its Special Defence to be higher, or at least the same.
Last time, it happened with a Bronzor. I flew to the southern entrance of the Victory Road and went surfing. When I met a Pelipper, I sent out Crobat and ran away.
After defeating two Tentacruel, my Bronzor levelled up, but both its defensive stats rose by the same number. Then it evolved and both its defensive stats were the same.

Another strange move report: Any idea why Braviary can learn Rock Slide? I know it's awesome, and gets rid of Ice types, but still... and I also wonder the same thing Deitatus is wondering: Why can't Druddigon fly even if it has wings while something like Golurk that has no business whatsoever flying can do so?

RE Golurk and Druddigun:

Golurk uses rocket propulsion, so it can fly. Note how it isn't a flying type, nor can it levitate, it can only use a move that involves either getting above your opponent to strike or flying somewhere else. It doesn't hover, even if it's capable of it, standing on the ground whenever it's not in flight.

Druddigon's wings, however, are way too small for them to be useful for flight. They're used to increase it's surface area to absorb solar energy, rather than to fly.

Back
Top Bottom