• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why?

Zoroark

Illusionist
Something occurs to me right off the starting line: why so many specific rules? Oh, I know the probable reason; you've had all sorts come here, disrupting your quiet community and generally making themselves a nuisance. Every 'new' way they find to be irritating results in another rule. They're prolific that way. But you could replace every single one with a single sentence: 'Don't be an asshat'. It'd be much easier to remember, and it'd give your board a much more laid-back feel.

But what do I know? I'm new; and with that in mind:

Greetings! I'm Zoroark. My hobbies include pokemon, writing, reading and accumulating life experience. Currently my life experience includes a lot of free time which, in this current economic climate, might be considered a bad thing. The experience I'd currently like to have is finding out what specific spoiler tags this board uses.

Pokemon-wise, I'm currently testing Cryogonal for inclusion in my general lineup. It's statistics are below, if you feel like glancing over them:

Cryogonal @ Nevermeltice
Timid Nature Ability: Levitate
252 Sp. Attk. EVs
252 Speed EVs
Lv 50

HP 139
Attk. 61
Def. 50
Sp.Atk 143
Sp. Def 147
Speed 169

Ice Beam
Reflect
Recover
Hidden Power (water)

So, what do you think?

Talking like this will get you yelled at...
Hi there! I'm spunky the raichu, a johto saga of pokemon/dbz/inyuyasha freakazoid.

Ohaithere :3 I'm Everglider! These rules actually do have merit, I just can pinpoint any specific example currently. May I offer you'd some tea and cod? Salmon and coffee? Hot chocolate and halibut? ASB and Madia are very popular here, although I myself do prefer Insanity, Forum Games and Artwork. Enjoy your stay and watch your step!

*gives cookie*

Dammit! Ninja'd!

i can tell that you use big words. by the way im Dark Koala, and i love pokemon, koalas, and pokemon that look like koalas. we really need one.

Cool, a person that uses proper grammar and punctuation.
I thought people like that were starting to run out.

*Ahem*
Anyways, welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies, would you like some tea and cod, go check out ASB/Mafia, ect.

Questioners of the status-quo get yelled at for asking questions? Interesting! You'd think ignorance was the questioner's fault, and a well-meaning suggestion was an attack at the very foundation of order and discipline.

Which is to say, I'm sure the board isn't as bad as all that.

Ohaithere :3 I'm Everglider! These rules actually do have merit, I just can pinpoint any specific example currently. (...) ASB and Madia are very popular here, although I myself do prefer Insanity, Forum Games and Artwork. Enjoy your stay and watch your step!

*gives cookie*

Dammit! Ninja'd!

Mm. I never said anything about the merit of the rules; I'm sure they've come in useful from time to time when unsavoury types have come around. If the place is as highly-strung as Spunky's observation seems to suggest, the sheer amount of troll-bait lying around must be incredible.

So, what are 'ASB' and 'Madia'? Do you need a permit, or an invitation, to do either? And, truth be told, I'll most likely be found around the writing sections, and maybe at the pokemon games section too.

i can tell that you use big words. by the way im Dark Koala, and i love pokemon, koalas, and pokemon that look like koalas. we really need one.

Words are awesome, and so are Koalas.

Cool, a person that uses proper grammar and punctuation.
I thought people like that were starting to run out.

*Ahem*
Anyways, welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies, would you like some tea and cod, go check out ASB/Mafia, ect.

I don't have a smartphone, and I treat Facebook like the plague. I think that qualifies me as a dinosaur, or a digital unicorn, amirite?

Last edited:
I meant Mafia. (Oops.) I actually don't know much about either, sorry.

Everglider meant 'mafia', not 'madia.'
And you need to join some type of social group for that, i believe.

@Everglider
I wasn't talking about /you/. You are fine.

Zoroark: You need an ASB account for ASB, but you can be a ref, which includes a lot of writing.

The rules are more to prevent things from happening. Actually this forum does a pretty good job keeping trolls away.

Welcome to TCoD. I noticed they never explained what ASB and mafia are. ASB is short for Anime-Style Battling. It's a in forum pokemon league. Mafia is the same as the real life game of the same name. It's hard to describe, but you should give it a look and see if you're interested.

The rules are more to prevent things from happening. Actually this forum does a pretty good job keeping trolls away.

Welcome to TCoD. I noticed they never explained what ASB and mafia are. ASB is short for Anime-Style Battling. It's a in forum pokemon league. Mafia is the same as the real life game of the same name. It's hard to describe, but you should give it a look and see if you're interested.

That explains ASB. It looks like I'm going to have to conduct a google search to find out about Mafia.

And done. Is it this Mafia? Which version is it?

HI! This is FatLuxray Luxcario. I am small. I like Forum Games. I have an ASB account. I like social groups. Bye. Welcome. Bye.

Hi there! I'm spunky the raichu, a johto saga of pokemon/dbz/inyuyasha freakazoid.
um, no it won't. o.o'

if I remember right, there did used to be a 'don't be an asshat' rule a long, long time ago, but it just caused drama because 'being an asshat' is somewhat more subjective than flaming or spamming or something.

welcome to the forums!

um, no it won't. o.o'

if I remember right, there did used to be a 'don't be an asshat' rule a long, long time ago, but it just caused drama because 'being an asshat' is somewhat more subjective than flaming or spamming or something.

welcome to the forums!

Then that'd mean that they were being asshats over the 'don't be an asshat' rule, surely?

Similarly, spamming could be argued to be subjective too; if you like something a lot, and have a tendency to obsessively post the link everywhere in a well-meaning attempt to get people into it as well, then I'm sure you'd be affronted by the merest suggestion that you were spamming. On the other hand, if you tend to post one-sentence replies everywhere, so that your postcount jumps into the thousands within two days, that might be seen as spamming too.

Both examples are different only in content, but I'm going to guess that only one of them would get an infraction or a warning under more specific rules. Both would be examples of Asshattery.

Last thing: is it really possible to get everything you want in this place by whining loudly and being a pissy little bitch? I'm both shocked and amazed.

Last thing: is it really possible to get everything you want in this place by whining loudly and being a pissy little bitch? I'm both shocked and amazed.

Yes. Yes it is, more than anyone would like to admit.

But anyways, welcome! I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the ASB forums.

Back
Top Bottom