• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

woo

Harlequin

sup guys I've been disappeared for months because ~life~ and severe depression and all those fun things. but this is a happy thread.

I have an interview for the MRes course at Cardiff. It's very competitive and only 20 students are actually accepted. Wooo life plans!

The interview went well, or at least I thought it did; they didn't offer me the place. But on the plus side I graduate with a 2:1 so that's pretty cool.

Because of the depression they're going to let me resit some exams to see if I can get a first. But the 2:1 is pretty good anyway so!

UK degree classifications go like this: first class honours, (upper) second class then (lower) second class honours, third class honours, pass, fail.

My 2:1 is ~= to 3.33 - 3.8? GPA in the US, I think.

I think it is, but it also depends who's giving it to you. The Cardiff exam guidance lists it as PASS but maybe on the degree they call it an ordinary.

Update: have a deferred place at Bath to do the MRes in Regenerative Medicine, am redoing my third year at Cardiff because I'm going to get a first. yay

Back
Top Bottom