• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wreck-It-Ralph Discussion

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
I just saw the movie yesterday, and at the very end, something kind of freaked me out. The entire rest of the movie, the relationship between Ralph and Vanellope is father-daughter, but at the very end, it seemed romantic. Anyone else catch this?! Other Wreck-It-Ralph discussion here, too.

He was kind of staring at her, and waved at her all faintly, like he had some awkward crush on her. And then, his favorite time of the day is the time where he can get a good glimpse of her, when he could easily just go visit her. Furthermore, he says that if she likes him, nothing else matters.

Well, they had become best friends during the movie and they can't always visit each other because they have stuff to do.

People can care about each other and get joy out of seeing each other without it being romantic, especially when they've never had friends before ever. I didn't see anything romance-specific about their relationship.

I know, but they could have made it a little more friendly. Just the mood it set for me was- not right.

I know, but they could have made it a little more friendly. Just the mood it set for me was- not right.

If it was father/daughter, I am sure it would have been more than friendly anyway. Not everything equals romantic attraction.

I disagree! I think that dynamic at the end was more like a father/daughter thing than any other part; he's proud to see her doing well because he knows that she's happy and doing her best, just like he is. He knows that she's finally found the right place in her game and he's happy for that.

Was it when he said 'I know if she likes me, I can't be that bad' or something to that effect? because. I think that's a reeaaalll stretch and there's pretty much no reason for the writers to suddenly change the dynamics of their relationship when it more or less opposes everything that's just happened in the movie.

Anyway: Wreck-it Ralph is A+ amazing super good.

Back
Top Bottom