• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ymo's art-thread (Heavy images(?))

Ymedron

The apologetic dreamer
I decided to make a thread in here. With arts.

You can expect:
-heavy, big images
-Sketches, little finished work
-Lots of text and notes in the pictures.

And, without further ado, Pictures!
PS: You can also go to my Deviantart Account and see more pictures.

Dittozardcolorscopykopio.png

My avatar at the time of posting, since I liked it so much. :3 I think I'll change my pokesona into a ditto. ;D

Dittozardstandingcolorcroppedtransp.png

More!

PS: You can also suggest pokemon/pokecharacters to draw, and I might draw them. :3

Last edited:
Because Ditto's already don't kick enough ass as it is, being the sex machines they are.

Requesting Ditto- Machamp in an amazing pose.

I'll try to do it. :P (Im not really good at drawing machop-line though)
Edit: Here it is.
Dittochampcoloredtransp.png

(It's a bit messy, since I did it in about half a hour. <:D)

Last edited:
He wants to emphasise his status as a womanizer. :P
(And my screen is so wide that it looks quite normal in that, but the school's much narrower screen shows it a bit scrunched up. Oh well.)

I can't really do sugimori style, but I'll try the pose.
(PS: You don't HAVE TO ask for ditto-pokemon, if you don't want to! ;D

I have to say that I really like your art style. I won't request if you don't want me to, but I just wanted to say that.

I just thought that people understood that I only draw ditto-pokes... :P Feel free to request something, but it might take a little while since Im still working on that monferno. :3
Edit: Okay, I made two versions. (And Im too lazy to write the copyrights so I just copy them from the charizard-pic. :D)
ditto-monfernocoloredsoftshadows2c.png
ditto-monfernocoloredhardshadowsc.png

Last edited:
HELP IM BLINDED BY PURE AWSOMENESS!
Okay the face is a little bit ugly but it's still win. Umm.... shiny rampardos in the TCG pose? (the one that belongs to roark, that runs with one leg on the ground and has its mouth open while looknig forward)

Edit: The right shading looks realistic but the left looks better.

;D I can see that- I had so much trouble with the dittoeyes-monfernobrows combo, I redrew it about five times.

Aww, I don't really like copying poses, but I'll do it anyway. (Maybe I'll learn something? :D)

WAIT STOP DONT! I CHANGED MY MIND! Please make the same rampardos in the posr you made your avatar, with blue-white light background instead of the yellow-orange lights, but the rampardos still with red instead of blue(shiny!).

P.S. May I use it as an avvy if I like it?

Okay, I'll try. : 3

Should it have it's arms up like the charizard's wings, or not? ;D

(EDIT: And yeah, you can, with credit. :3)

Yea, please, but not too high, to make it appear a little... T_rex-ish....

Edit: You might want to tell people that will request your incredible art to give serious comment to one of your pictures in exchange.

Here's my smashing critique!

Dittochampcoloredtransp.png

Okay, the shading is...not that good. Its legs are reallly nice, and the belt and boxers are fine. The shoulders are way too small, and so is the stomach. It seems like the chest is a bunch of high density muscles, and the upper hands are a little bit thin. The face is fine, the eyes are a little low quality, and the lips didnt go so well.

Overall, 6/10.

Thanks! :D
I won't try to give any excuses- I screwed up with it.
I guess it has to do with the hurry I was in- I had about 40 minutes before the schoolbus would come, so I really hurried it up. Plus, Im not at all good with machop-line. <l3
Edit: And I still came up with excuses.
Edit2: And here is the picture:
Rampardoscoloredmini.png

Last edited:
Yuppity yup. :D
Edit: PHO. I only now noticed the "You might want to tell people that will request your incredible art to give serious comment to one of your pictures in exchange." phrase. How blind of me.

I usually don't mind people leaving hardly useful comments, as I normally don't get any comments whatsoever on my pictures. The requests also give me a reason to do finished artwork, (These are unusually finished, normally I just sketch and that's it) so Im generally happy with people being happy with my art.

I do like critique, though. :3

Last edited:

Okay, the left one is much better and looks more realistic, while the right one looks like some piece of crap. The shading on the right makes it hard to see smaller details, while the one on the left one is much better, and makes it easier to understand the picture. The face is a bit smashed up, litteraly said, and looks like baba yaga's face after her house made a disco party on her And the hands are fine, although they seem to make the head look, once again, smashed up. The tail and flame are great in the left picture, while they suck on the right one. The red tail part looks interesting.
The legs are fine, and the overall pose is not bad.

My rating: 8/10(face killed the chances for 10).
-------------------------
Anyway, here's my new request- a picture, not avatar formed picture, of a turtwig with extra-big leaves that sits on its back while eating a leichi berry(you can search 'berries' in almost any pokemon site.
Normal Turtwig coloration.

Thanks for the critique. :D
Now I am absolutely certain that I won't use the ditto-eyes any more for humanshape pokemon. The brows really don't work with those eyes.
I'll start working on that picture when I get home. :3

YAY! Btw, the face doesn't look as bad as I thought- I just didn't remember it right. Eyes are okay, but ears are way too bat-like. P.S. The face isnt smashed up after all, although I still think baba yaga's face, err, house made a disco on the machamp..

Back
Top Bottom