• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

your "Holy crap!" moments

I made it to stage 6-2 in Ninja Gaiden, and "HOLY CRAP" is exactly what I said when I found out how hard it is. My NES controller has never taken so much rage-induced abuse before.

I'm playin' Mother 3. HOLY $#1+ HINAWAAAA ;w; And Claus... He's still missing... but he's dead I saw him I saw him at the end of Chapter 1 I SAW HIM HE'S DEAD YOU PEOPLE. And Tazmily... Grr. I hate Fassad... Why yes this game is full of fjdksla GRR, what makes you ask? (also I'm only on Chapter 3... of like 10...)

Although, a funny Holy Crap happened with Wess's little... dance in Oshoe x3

Had another IWBTG one today, remarkably without dying (well, not at the time). I think I found a glitch. While standing in the room just before Dracula, I got hit by one of those floating heads that stuns you and knocks you back, and it hit me into the Dracula screen. After The Kid stopped being paralysed and could move again I realised I could run, jump and shoot while Dracula and The Kid were talking. And he still threw the wine glass at the exact same spot, across the screen from me. xD

(Not sure if this entirely qualifies for this thread but there didn't seem much point in starting a more appropriate one.)

I was testing a stage I made in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so my friend helped out by fighting me. I was Luigi for some random reason while my friend was Mario for some weird reason. So we start fighting, and then she paused the fight...The screen was showing Luigi hitting Mario with his butt! Couldn't resist the screenshot!

the ending for Call of Duty 4 just blew me away. I felt sort of sad since Soap (the character your playing) is the only guy left. The music and the fact everything moves in slow motion when you kill the one russian dude at the end is one of the greatest mements in gaming history.

Another would be the entire Half Life Series, I have all of them up to date tho im only on the third level on Half Life 2 Episode 1, these game are a combination of a First person shooter, a puzzle solving game, and horror film at once. If you've played this game then you know exactly what it's like. I have had nightmares about this game, yet i still play it.

If you havent played either of these, and don't mind extreme violence and bloody and gory games, I highly suggest all these games for you (Especially Half life games), they will blow you away.

I was playing Mario Galaxy, and I was doing the Daredevil Comet level, where you have to beat Topmaniac with only one health segment.

I was accidentally slammed into the electric barrier surrounding the battlefield, and died. :sad:

As the 'Too Bad' screen came up, and it started to fade to black, all I could see of poor Mario, was his skeleton, lying at the base of the wall...:dead:

His flesh got fried!:freaked:

I had to stop playing for a while after that...

I am now mentally and emotionally scarred for life!

Has anyone else had a traumatic death scene like this?

Whilst playing Blazblue and my friend's house, he showed me a scene in which, one of the characters (that is playable) make a giant shield, and with it, deflecting a gigantic laser blast from space.

When I turned on my Yellow Version and little brother (who was 3) had accidently performed some sort of glitch that made you stuck with nothing but you and trees on the screen and freaked out and saved the game. I almost killed him. It amazes me that I can still be angry over something that happened 9 years ago.

Whilst playing Blazblue and my friend's house, he showed me a scene in which, one of the characters (that is playable) make a giant shield, and with it, deflecting a gigantic laser blast from space.

BB is just a giant mass of "Holy shit" though, xD

My holy crap was when i came ot my friend's house and we played SSBB-
I was Diddy kong, against luigi(pc), my friend was Sonic, but ran out of the arena(too mcuh speed isn't good!), anyway it was in green greens, and Luigi stood on the exploding boxes, so I charged up my gun while e was about to jump away, I hit the bomb box straight, and BOOOM! He flew off. OHKO!
He had 1 stock left, so we punched each other(me had 100% damage), when the smash ball appeared. He got it, and i smashed HIM while he was abouto t use final smash- he used it on the left corner of the screen, jumped back to me, and then used smash on me just when i was loading the b+up move(rocket). He was abouto t touch me, when i flew upwards, and hit him, mamking it my second victory against my friend!

Another wtf was when i was Ivysaur and killed all three opponent(dedede, sonic, and kirby) using the A buttom- they couldn't move. I then switched to charizarD(all used sihled and got stunned), used rock smash, and WON!(all in an OHKO).

The msot OMG I had was when I used the B+up move of diddy kong, loaded up to the end, in Luigi's mansion, when Kirby used smash on zero suit samus, she flew in a straight path to the right corner, and I released! She flew up so high she exploded on the top corner. Meh.

Another thing was when i was Lucario(100% damage) against sonic, he rolled forwar,d I released the B move(fully charged), he zoomed forward, and I made a picture fo sonic(ball form) about to smash into a mega size energy ball.

Another time when playing Blazblue, was when one of the characters (Noel) said "Don't call me stupid!" Then got a barrier burst (sucks away health). Me, my brother, and 3 of our friends were laughing so hard.

Not really for me, but yesterday, playing BlazBlue with my friend, my friend finally discovered Tager's giant hit frames in a Tager vs. Tager fight we had, when I grabbed him with a Potemkin Bus-- err... Tager Driver at the very beginning a match before either of us had a chance to move.

His reaction was priceless.

My Platinum went pretty apeshit today. It started off with an enemy trainer curing its Pokémon from sleep... with a Super Potion.

Then, in a later battle, I noticed my Pokémons' health kept randomly lowering, so I started paying attention to what was going on in the game and saw this:
"The sunlight is strong.
Gyarados was hurt by its Intimidate!
Clefairy was hurt by its Cute Charm!
Murkrow was hurt by its Insomnia!
Misdreavus was hurt by its Levitate!
The sandstorm is raging.
Misdreavus was hurt by its Levitate!..." and so on through all the weather conditions, after every turn of the battle.

I think I'll lay off the AR in future o.o

Then, in a later battle, I noticed my Pokémons' health kept randomly lowering, so I started paying attention to what was going on in the game and saw this:
"The sunlight is strong.
Misdreavus was hurt by its Levitate!
The sandstorm is raging.
Misdreavus was hurt by its Levitate!..." and so on through all the weather conditions, after every turn of the battle.

I think I'll lay off the AR in future o.o

I KNOW WHAT THAT IS

it's not the AR's fault

if a person switches Pokémon and you use Pursuit on that Pokémon in the same turn, and if the Pursuit kills it, and if a weather effect is occurring, that weird thing will happen

I KNOW WHAT THAT IS

it's not the AR's fault

if a person switches Pokémon and you use Pursuit on that Pokémon in the same turn, and if the Pursuit kills it, and if a weather effect is occurring, that weird thing will happen

Ah. Well, I think the Pursuit thing happened, and it was in the Lost Tower, where there's fog. But that doesn't account for the Super Potion curing sleep :/

It was still pretty "holy crap!", anyway.

Did that happen in the same battle? I'm not sure that the weird weather effect accounts for that too. :/

It happened in a battle slightly earlier. The Pokémon had full health, so maybe (ENORMOUSLY unlikely) Super Potions cure status conditions if they have full HP and nobody's realised it somehow? *shrugs*

Was playing SSBB today with my friends, and we were going on a snapshot-taking frenzy. We were on the Zelda: Wind Waker stage, the only other person still alive was stalling, and we were both at 100% damage or so. He decided to take some random screenshots - and in between two of them, I disappeared and was replaced with a cloud of Wind Waker-style smoke.

Bombs in the Wind Waker stage + over 100% damage + 0% awareness = fun.

Back
Top Bottom