• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

your "Holy crap!" moments

In Fire Emblem 7, when Eliwood kills Ninian. I was literally blown away by the amazing plot twisting.

Oh yeah, not sure how many will know what I'm talking about, but I was playing the tiebreaker match of the playoff finals in NBA Live 05 with fantasy draft, I was up by 2 points and there were like 3 seconds left. Zack Randolph gets the ball and hits a halfcourt 3 pointer. Bastard.

0-40% combo against Yoshi in brawl on bridge of eldin. Capt Falcon ftw.

1. Sweetspot knee
2. Raptor boost
3. Sweetspot knee
4. K.O.

I'm not sure if I should be spoilertagging this or not, so, just in case.

I was somewhat surprised the first time Bald Bull used the Bull Rush.

Then I REALLY went holy crap when I managed to dodge it at my first try.

Last edited:
The first time I beat FFVIII, when I got to Ultimecia's 4th form (Techincally 3rd, since the second part you're fighting a GF, but whatever...), and she used Draw Apocalypse. I had no idea I could draw the spell from her, so I just sat and watched her destroy my party with it.

2nd time I tried it, I wowed myself even more with my absurdly over powered characters and constant Holy Wars for an entire battle of nothing but Limit Breaks >.> Lion Heart was doing 9999 damage with 90 Aura spells junctioned to his Str stat, and I was doing over 40,000 with the GF Eden x.x Like, seriously. I love love LOVE the Junction system. And not just because you can customize your characters to become absurdly powerful >.>

I'm not sure if I should be spoilertagging this or not, so, just in case.

I was somewhat surprised the first time Bald Bull used the Bull Rush.

Then I REALLY went holy crap when I managed to dodge it at my first try.

That wasn't that surprising. Glass Joe kicking my ass in TD and DK being a bonus boss were probably more unexpected.

I was playing Mystery Dungeon with my uberly high-leveled Ivysaur. I was facing this Tentacruel, and because I more or less ran straight into it, letting it have the first attack, and I was weakened from previous battles, it managed to knock me into the red zone. So I thought, "Eh, doesn't matter. I can just Giga Drain back all that health. Thank God for Overgrow." I forgot that Tentacruel has Liquid Ooze. I took 253 damage. Needless to say, I died.

That wasn't that surprising. Glass Joe kicking my ass in TD and DK being a bonus boss were probably more unexpected.
Glass Joe was unusually tough then, but I beat him in one try anyway.

Von Kaiser, though, now that I think of it, did make me holy crap at TD. Specially with the freak spin attack I, at first, didn't know how to dodge.

Call of Duty: World at War.

I had the Fireworks perk and the M9 RPG against 2 Soviet tanks. Fired one, missed and it hit the space between them. That was my last rocket. Threw a sticky grenade, hit some guy who was in the middle, blew up, took both tanks with him AND some guy who got off the turret just in time.

4 kills with 1 grenade. :)

Gosh, well, at some moments in Okami, the artwork was just a little more amazing than ever. That's the "awe" moment.

The "wtf" moment would have to be... well, there's a couple. Just about everything I've done in the BlazBLue storyline. Also, the end of Infamous, for one. That was quite a mindfuck. Another one is when I found out who the baddie in P4 was, couldn't see that one coming. And in Drake's Fortune, when you, well go underground and the game turns into The Hills Have Eyes :P

I know I can come up with twists that piss me off... just not now. :/

Well, earlier today I was playing through Metroid Zero Mission, and after I got to Tourian, I reached this one room with a door that couldn't be opened. I was like "where did all the Metroid go to?" and...I destroyed the floor, getting me attacked by a swarm of the demons. And, well, anytime during the final mission. Also, the fact that I unlocked the original Metroid.

Managed to break the 5 digit damage mark while fighting a Land Kraken in the Egg with Rich in SaGa Frontier 2. Literally, the words "How the fuck did I just pull that off?" just flew out of my mouth.

When playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, I was in this dungeon, and had no gels and only 5-7 (I think) Life Bottles left, and was near the end of said dungeon. So, I just ran into random monsters so I can just die and re-spawn at the nearby town. As it turned out, I survived and made it to the boss fight... and won,

When playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, I was in this dungeon, and had no gels and only 5-7 (I think) Life Bottles left, and was near the end of said dungeon. So, I just ran into random monsters so I can just die and re-spawn at the nearby town. As it turned out, I survived and made it to the boss fight... and won,

Try fighting the final boss on Unknown while trying to keep your party alive. I'll be amazed if you can, since it's so fucking hard xD Which boss were you fighting?

In hollowed Bastion, but was slightly under leveled.

Also I can't Beat Him, what level should I be? P.S I'm in easy (Such a newb And I played ToV, ToS/2)

EVERYTHING in I Wanna Be The Guy.

This.

When the Moon fell out of the sky and crushed you about 3 screens after Mike Tyson, bricks were shat. More so when it rolled across the screen if you tried to avoid it. Good thing about IWBTG, though, is that most of these moments, however unfair, are absolutely hilarious.

(Currently I am pretty damn stuck on Mecha Birdo. xD)

I was playing Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and was trying to train my angel slime against lethal armours. I could almost always 1-hit KO them with Kazap (that was before she had Kazapple), but when it didn't it wasn't usually a problem.

That's why it was surprising when I was playing with my volume off, when I was looking out the window and suddenly looked down at the screen to see blue dots dispersing over the area where my angel slime, named Pidge, had been, and to see the message, "Pidge dies!"

It took me a moment to realize those lucky things had critical hit on my angel slime; usually, she's able to withstand a hit.

Playing Platinum, I was EP training my shiny Machoke (with a JOLLY nature) on Staravia and Ponyta north of Solaceon. I was playing with the volume on and not paying attention. So as usual, I ran into a Staravia, and there was a sparkly noise as my Machoke was sent out.

Or at least, so I thought. It turned out that only my Trainer was on the screen during the sparkle.

It was my second or third pure-luck shiny. I haven't evolved it yet, but I named it Lilac :3

Last night I (SSBB) threw DK off of the ledge as Wario. He tried to recover, but as we were on Pokemon Stadium II, he got caught under the stage. Appropriate taunt was used...

Back
Top Bottom