• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Unsolved Mysteries We Take for Granted

I didn't give any source for the rest of the stuff and you ask for one when I mention about the meat thing? =.=

Oh, also, apparently, the water becomes solid when in a surf battle. :3

Oh, also, apparently, the water becomes solid when in a surf battle. :3

So it let's up when you use surf in a surf battle?

I'm wondering how dive works. Is there an invisible air bubble I'm missing? Because I have been down there for a long time before. =P

Continuing in a comical fashion. :P

How does Surf work? The water solidifies during battle, the move Surf works like water gun, the pokemon produces all of the necessary water. How else would Surf work in the desert?

When using Dive, the pokemon using Dive gives the trainer the magical ability to breathe underwater.

one question.

The border trees, actually, all trees besides berry trees.

They never grow.
They're all the same height.
They never flower or fruit, so where do they come from?

I'm beginning to think that they're all plastic and the real trees are hidden out of sight.

I thought you knew, Surf is a magical HM which allows any pokemon that can learn it to magically float on water. 8D

Oh, hey, my posts match the year.

• Q.Does the term "National Pokedex" imply that all the different regions are under a common government?
  • A.*nods*
  • Q.....Now that I think about it, IS there a government? The closest thing we seem to get to a president is the Elite Four Champion. :/
  • A.Woot! I just became president!
  • Q.Speaking of the Champion, why do we always rematch him/her every time we rebattle the Elite Four? Does he/she keep on stealing our title, or what?
  • A.It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you.
  • Q.Anyways, back to the government. If there IS a government at all, why don't they stop criminal groups like Team Rocket or Team Galactic? If I were the president, I wouldn't want crooks like those guys running around MY country.
  • A.They're clueless. If there is one, they don't even put good roads in.
  • Q.If genderless Pokemon can't reproduce without Ditto, then why do more and more keep popping up? Do they have a secret stash of Dittos? O_O;
  • A.Asexual reproduction. When you aren't looking, they divide like crazy.
  • Q.Also, if legendary Pokemon can't reproduce, why does everybody seem to have them?
  • A.They live in different realities.
  • Q.I'm not trying to be inappropriate here, but I find it quite strange that girls start growing boobies at age 10. O_o;
  • A. ...no comment.
  • Q.And why do parent let their kids go off into the world at age 10? Kids don't know how to take care of themselves all alone!
  • A.They're starting to act like teenagers; the parents WANT them out of there.
  • Q.There seems to be a lack of regular animals (EG: pigs, cows, etc.) So.... what do people eat? Do they feast on Pokemon? :O
  • A.Yum, Magikarp.
  • Q.Why do you deposit letters on your PC? Wouldn't it be easier just to invent e-mail?
  • A.Nobody cares enough.
  • Q.Also, why open museums that only have 2-3 exhibits? The Pewter City Museum, the Oreburgh Coal Museum, the Slateport Museum.... all of those are quite pathetic compared to the Smithsonian. Why bother building useless museums?
  • A.Exhibits are hard to come by, especially with some 10-year-old stealing all the rare items from everywhere.
  • Q.Speaking of buildings.... I have yet to see a house that includes a bathroom! :O
  • A.Just don't smell the backyards.
  • Q.Berry trees have a wide range of leaf colors. Blue, pink, orange, etc. So.... why are all of the boundary trees green? Why not have some red pine trees? Or purple bushes? Or black grass? Why are all the trees GREEN???
  • A.Berry trees are actually fungi.
  • Q.Some trainers are known as "Psychics." They usually have psychic Pokemon. So.... unless their names are purposely misleading, it would seem that these "Psychics" have psychic powers, right? How did they acquire these psychic abilities?
  • A.By being programmed.
  • Q.How the heck does a Zubat or a Pidgey use fly to carry a human to another city? Even if they are Pokemon, they would clearly collapse with the effort?
  • A.They call others to help them out.
  • Q.How does a Pokemon use Surf inside a building? Does it call upon the power of plumbing facilities?
  • A.Something like that.
  • Q.How do you travel between regions? I find it very doubtful that Professor Oak walks between Kanto and Johto. It even sounds questionable to take a boat between Hoenn and Sinnoh!
  • A.Steal the professors' airplanes.
  • Q.If so many people ride bikes (and even a few motorcycles), then why aren't there more roads? Surely, your grandpa isn't going to risk going through the tall grass just to get to the next town!
  • A.The government is defective.
  • Q.Where do people buy there groceries? The PokeMarts seem to only sell adventure supplies. :/
  • A.They refuse to sell anything else to ten-year-olds, but happily sell them to parents.
  • Q.It has been mentioned in the early games that Mew originated in South America. How does this work?
  • A.It doesn't.
  • Q.Deoxys is clearly NOT of the game's planet, yet it is still a Pokemon. Does this imply that Pokemon originated elsewhere in the universe AND THEN arrived on this planet?
  • A.It implies that Deoxys should be destroyed. The world has no place for it.

Slati, that was just purposely to continue messing with our minds, wasn't it?

There are a lot of things in Pokemon that have not been explained, but we take them for granted anyway. These unsolved mysteries include (but aren't limited to):

• Does the term "National Pokedex" imply that all the different regions are under a common government?
    Probably.
  • If genderless Pokemon can't reproduce without Ditto, then why do more and more keep popping up? Do they have a secret stash of Dittos? O_O;
    They use alternative ways of reproducing.
  • Also, if legendary Pokemon can't reproduce, why does everybody seem to have them?
    There's only one for each game, so...
  • And why do parent let their kids go off into the world at age 10? Kids don't know how to take care of themselves all alone!
  • There seems to be a lack of regular animals (EG: pigs, cows, etc.) So.... what do people eat? Do they feast on Pokemon? :O
    yes.
  • Why do you deposit letters on your PC? Wouldn't it be easier just to invent e-mail?
    Letters are e-mail that you can make into real-life letters.
  • We find lots of fossils of Kabuto, Lileep, Cranidos, etc. But what about their evolutions? Only one Kabutops fossil has been found, and I can't seem to find any fossils of Armaldo or Omystar!
    When they die, they go back to their original form.
  • On a similar note, these fossil Pokemon shouldn't have been the ONLY Pokemon back then. Surely, there were other Pokemon species too, right? Why can't we find any fossils of Pokemon such as Yanmega or Magikarp?
    All those fossils got destroyed for some reason.
  • Also, why open museums that only have 2-3 exhibits? The Pewter City Museum, the Oreburgh Coal Museum, the Slateport Museum.... all of those are quite pathetic compared to the Smithsonian. Why bother building useless museums?
    They prefer tiny, cozy museums.
  • Speaking of buildings.... I have yet to see a house that includes a bathroom! :O
    Um... no comment.
  • Berry trees have a wide range of leaf colors. Blue, pink, orange, etc. So.... why are all of the boundary trees green? Why not have some red pine trees? Or purple bushes? Or black grass? Why are all the trees GREEN???
    The berry trees paint themselves(don't ask me how). What they don't know is that this paint is poisonous to them, and therefore they die as soon as their berries are gone.
  • Some trainers are known as "Psychics." They usually have psychic Pokemon. So.... unless their names are purposely misleading, it would seem that these "Psychics" have psychic powers, right? How did they acquire these psychic abilities?
    They just want to boast.
  • How the heck does a Zubat or a Pidgey use fly to carry a human to another city? Even if they are Pokemon, they would clearly collapse with the effort?
    When it comes to carrying things, they have amazing powers...
  • How does a Pokemon use Surf inside a building? Does it call upon the power of plumbing facilities?
    yes.
  • How do you travel between regions? I find it very doubtful that Professor Oak walks between Kanto and Johto. It even sounds questionable to take a boat between Hoenn and Sinnoh!
    Because Pokémon have their limits.
  • If so many people ride bikes (and even a few motorcycles), then why aren't there more roads? Surely, your grandpa isn't going to risk going through the tall grass just to get to the next town!
    They just use the "cut" trick to get the grass away.
  • Where do people buy there groceries? The PokeMarts seem to only sell adventure supplies. :/
    They have grocery stores, but they're somehow invisible to Pokémon trainers... plus, you can get water and lemonade at malls.
  • Every time you beat a trainer, you get prize money. The thing is.... where do they get that kind of cash? And how do items such as the "Luck Incense" double your prize money? Do they hypnotize the trainer into emptying his/her wallet?
    yes.
  • It has been mentioned in the early games that Mew originated in South America. How does this work?
    MAGIC

Last edited:
i have a question........how does the hearthome(or any gym, as a matter of fact)gym fit inside that tiny little building?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?also, why on earth cant you use your bike underground?or pokemon to, on that matter. finally, why cant you fly to places you havent been to?

i have a question........how does the hearthome(or any gym, as a matter of fact)gym fit inside that tiny little building?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?also, why on earth cant you use your bike underground?or pokemon to, on that matter. finally, why cant you fly to places you havent been to?

My take on these matters:

Gyms have extra-dimensional space in them.

If you accidentally run your bike into a wall, there's a chance that it might collapse, causing some city to sink into the ground. Same with Pokemon.

Trainers give directions to their Pokemon. If you haven't been to the city, you don't know how to get there!

Food:
...In one Anime episode, they talked about Magikarp being inedible. Eep.
Girls & 10-year-olds being allowed to leave:
...Their parents mysteriously "lose" their child's birth certificate right before he or she asks to become a trainer. Also, in Pokémon-Trainer years, "10" means "my parents have no idea where my birth certificate is". Some coincidence, huh?
Fossils:
...The scientists who create fossil-regeneration devices forget to check around to see if one already exists and need something safe to test out. 'Nuff said.
Mew:
...In Pokémon, Mew comes from a rather mysterious place that is said to be a myth in their world.

Now for my question: How can Milotic exist in the wild if a Feebas must reach maximum beauty stats to evolve? And how do all of the Professors know each other?

CLAM-JUICE SNOWCONE

The professors know each other because of simple friendly relations. Elm and Rowan were Oak's juniors once, but Birch never makes a reference to any of them and none of them reference Birch.

How can Milotic exist in the wild if a Feebas must reach maximum beauty stats to evolve?

Who says that Pokeblocks/Poffins are the only way to increase the beauty stat?

And how do all of the Professors know each other?

Why shouldn't they? There aren't apparently that many (major) scientists in the world, so they'd most likely meet at conferences or share research or whatever.

• Does the term "National Pokedex" imply that all the different regions are under a common government?
    Nope. National means the world, and the world is consisted of 6 seperate running regions with their own forms of government.
  • ....Now that I think about it, IS there a government? The closest thing we seem to get to a president is the Elite Four Champion. :/
    So they're letting a 10 year old run the region? Sweet!
  • Speaking of the Champion, why do we always rematch him/her every time we rebattle the Elite Four? Does he/she keep on stealing our title, or what?
    Yes. The Champion doesn't like being beaten by a 10 year old (or in Kanto, their rival), so they force the rest of the Elite 4 to cover up that YOU really beat the Champion, by means of unspeakable actions. It's all very hush-hush. >:3
  • Anyways, back to the government. If there IS a government at all, why don't they stop criminal groups like Team Rocket or Team Galactic? If I were the president, I wouldn't want crooks like those guys running around MY country.
    If the Champion is the president, maybe he/she's secrectly part of these groups.
  • If genderless Pokemon can't reproduce without Ditto, then why do more and more keep popping up? Do they have a secret stash of Dittos? O_O;
    Mitosis; they copy their DNA and then divide themselves into two, then four, etc.
  • Also, if legendary Pokemon can't reproduce, why does everybody seem to have them?
    They CAN, but you, as a Trainer, cannot.
  • I'm not trying to be inappropriate here, but I find it quite strange that girls start growing boobies at age 10. O_o;
    As some have been saying, it's not unusual.
  • And why do parent let their kids go off into the world at age 10? Kids don't know how to take care of themselves all alone!
    In their world, age is upside down. So really if you're 10, you're actually a teenager. So the little kids we see in our houses are really the parents, but since in the normal world they're suppposed to be our siblings they think it's what they're supposed to do when they kick us out of our houses.
  • There seems to be a lack of regular animals (EG: pigs, cows, etc.) So.... what do people eat? Do they feast on Pokemon? :O
    They're all dedicated vegetarians. Of course, that comes to the question about plant Pokemon.....
  • Why do you deposit letters on your PC? Wouldn't it be easier just to invent e-mail?
    The PC is magic. People like putting the PC to multiple uses.
  • We find lots of fossils of Kabuto, Lileep, Cranidos, etc. But what about their evolutions? Only one Kabutops fossil has been found, and I can't seem to find any fossils of Armaldo or Omystar!
    Back then, only one Kabuto had the power to evolve, but the rest didn't.
  • Also, why open museums that only have 2-3 exhibits? The Pewter City Museum, the Oreburgh Coal Museum, the Slateport Museum.... all of those are quite pathetic compared to the Smithsonian. Why bother building useless museums?
    'Cause they're poor, okay? They don't have jobs!
  • Berry trees have a wide range of leaf colors. Blue, pink, orange, etc. So.... why are all of the boundary trees green? Why not have some red pine trees? Or purple bushes? Or black grass? Why are all the trees GREEN???
    Berry trees are special and/or magic. How else would they disappear as soon as you touched them?
  • Some trainers are known as "Psychics." They usually have psychic Pokemon. So.... unless their names are purposely misleading, it would seem that these "Psychics" have psychic powers, right? How did they acquire these psychic abilities?
    They're mutants that came from some planet filled with more mutants.
  • How the heck does a Zubat or a Pidgey use fly to carry a human to another city? Even if they are Pokemon, they would clearly collapse with the effort?
    They give them a special shot that makes them super strong.
  • How do you travel between regions? I find it very doubtful that Professor Oak walks between Kanto and Johto. It even sounds questionable to take a boat between Hoenn and Sinnoh!
    It's called a Private Jet Plane. Only important people have them.
  • Every time you beat a trainer, you get prize money. The thing is.... where do they get that kind of cash? And how do items such as the "Luck Incense" double your prize money? Do they hypnotize the trainer into emptying his/her wallet?
    The Luck Incense has built in Electric attacks, so you shock the person, then rob them.
  • Deoxys is clearly NOT of the game's planet, yet it is still a Pokemon. Does this imply that Pokemon originated elsewhere in the universe AND THEN arrived on this planet?
    Yesh. To this day, Pokemon are being created by said mutants. :)

Now for my question: How do Gym Leaders become Gym Leaders? If it's based on some form of strength, why can't YOU be a Gym Leader?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom