• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What gender is Pikachu?

What gender is Pikachu

• Male

Votes: 177 94.1%
  • Female

Votes: 11 5.9%

• Total voters
That doesn't flow with the other part of the anime. Pre-fourth generation, every pikachu would have no heart-shaped tail so by that, it means all pikachu would be male. To make a pikachu, you need a female pikachu. Eh, eh?

Or maybe the anime is just sexist towards female pikachus and refuses to show them.

You're right with you're first statement, but I should say male.
Dawn's Buneary is a female. So it means Piakchu's a male!!!

Pikachu is definitely a male. :3
1. When shown in outfits, they're always guy ones.
2. Referred to as a guy many times in the Anime.
3. Considering Buneary loves Pikachu.. well, I don't think 4Kids would allow a lesbo Buneary for some reason.

I read Fanfiction.com A lot and when it has Pikachu in it, (definitly Asses, wait did i say Asses? I meant ash's.)

It always refers to *it* as Female. So just because it looks male, doesn't mean it is.

Edit: OMFG YES! I'm a Metapod!

...what? Not only is fanfiction completely unofficial and written by random fans and thus not evidence of anything, but I think I've seen one fanfic ever that called it female, while most sticks with "it" or even uses "he", so I must dispute your claim that it "always" calls Pikachu female. Even if it did always call Pikachu female, again, it would not prove anything except that a bunch of random fans apparently think or like to think it's female.

I think I have an answer:

A lot of people have been saying that since Pikachu has a guy's tail, Pikachu is not a girl. And as we all know, gender differences were only introduced in DPPt.

If that argument is valid, then we have to think about the fact that genders were introduced in GSC.

Thus, Pikachu is an it.

I mirror firechao in my decision, but I ask you what kind of pikachu isn't feminine at all? It must be pretty difficult when you are that small and cute.

I mirrior Klutzy's and Darkrai's points. Buneary has no definite gender, but ratios suggest it's female, and knowing 4kids.... do I need to say it.

Well, well, well. The answer to the question of what is Pikachu's gender (as well as Piplup's) has finally been revealed— namely in DP's 142th episode (史上最悪のトゲピー!The Worst Togepi Ever!). For those you who have not been up to date with the anime, I'll explain:

At some point in the episode, a malevolent and sadistic Togepi that delights in making others suffer uses Attract on Pikachu, Piplup, Meowth, Croagunk and Jessie's Yanmega. The only Pokémon not affected by Togepi's Attract is Yanmega, confirming it to be female, whereas the other four are indeed male.

Whether you believe me or not, just watch the episode on YouTube or something. Here's the part of the episode where it is all revealed (in Japanese obviously): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1TRrcNLYtE&feature=related

In all honestly, though, I always thought Pikachu was male to begin with. =P

I figure it'd been so long since genders were introduced that they just forgot that they hadn't said so before, at least until the idea for that episode came up.

Male. Because Dawn's Buneary has been proven female and it has a BIG crush on Pikachu.
that is how it works!

Pikachu is genderless, like near-all pokemon of the rby era

Alternatively, the Pikachu's been casually referred to as male a few times in different segments of canon, and I trust the designers/writers/scripters etc on this one

Male, for the BunearyXPikachu reasons stated previously, and the below quote:

At some point in the episode, a malevolent and sadistic Togepi that delights in making others suffer uses Attract on Pikachu, Piplup, Meowth, Croagunk and Jessie's Yanmega. The only Pokémon not affected by Togepi's Attract is Yanmega, confirming it to be female, whereas the other four are indeed male.

I would not think that they would depict homosexuality in such children's anime in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom