• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

If a ghost is phased inside a ground type, and the ground type is hit by an electric move, will the ghost still be affected?
Yes. Ghosts retain their typing, so they aren't immune to anything that their hosts may be. However, if it's the case that an attack can't reach the ghost inside its host (for example, a sludge bomb would pretty much roll right off a steelix) as a result of the host's typing, then it will be affected.

And ditto for the case of abilities that cause immunities, I guess. Like my second-favourite ability ever Flash Fire.
Again no, especially because these abilities don't actually prevent the appropriate energy type from hitting the pokémon in question, but only allow them to convert the energy into something useful instead of damaging. The ghost doesn't have their ability and so would be damaged.

Not sure if it's misinterpreting anything, but don't Pokémon with the levitate ability get a bit of a raw deal? Their ability is pretty much rendered pointless in the ASB format. Having said that, I don't really have any suggestions on how to even it out, but eh, something to consider I guess?

Pokémon with levitate get a few benefits that normal inherently hovering pokémon don't, but yeah, they're pretty limited. I haven't had a whole lot of luck coming up with something to make that ability particularly useful in ASB.

Will we get to change the abilities of our Pokémon if they get new ones in gen. V? Possibly for a fee or something, I dunno.
Also will we get to add new moves and abilities to our ASBdex things in the vein of normal Pokémon? Seems like they'll be considerably disadvantaged if we don't.

No, you won't be able to change your pokémon's abilities.

The Registry will be updated with new rules to account for the release of Black/White, and people will be permitted to update previously-approved pokémon with new attacks.

Will pokemon previously able to learn TMs that are no longer TMs be allowed to learn them still? Similar to move tutor moves?

Pokéon know all moves they are able to learn through any means, provided it can be transferred to an english main series game. That includes old TMs, Tutors, events, and etcetera.

The way the moves that pokémon can use in battle are determined won't be changing any time soon.

I have each stage speed boost increase base speed by 20, myself.

Is there going to be a shop that allows you to change your 'mons ability to a dream world one?

If so I know what I'm gonna open up.

NEW QUESTION:

Will Rotom's forms affect its type when Black and White are released, soon, or not at all? I assume the first one but...

Is there going to be a shop that allows you to change your 'mons ability to a dream world one?

If so I know what I'm gonna open up.

NEW QUESTION:

Will Rotom's forms affect its type when Black and White are released, soon, or not at all? I assume the first one but...
Ability-changing shops? No. Rotom formes will have their new typing when Black and White are released in English.

Back
Top Bottom