• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

But we have to wait three months for the American shows! D: And being probably the only person in the world who watches Torchwood with her mum, I have to wait till Thursday. (Though that means I have new TW and the Harry Potter midnight showing within three hours of each other, which is EXCITING.)

Just watched it and... wow. The budget didn't go to waste.

Plus Jack's little hidey-hole is quite cute. Shame they got extradited, which means swanky new base, so we lose the apartment with the soup. Oh, and the immortality thing I didn't get until they mentioned it.

Exactly. A lot of people over there were uber pissed that the times were different, except now it's fair. You guys get Doctor Who on time, we get Torchwood.

Oi, it's so not fair. We bloody made it in the first place! We should get dibs! D:

I disagree. Now it's fair. You guys have had Torchwood AND Doctor Who first, for how long now?

How long have our episodes been ruined because everyone else saw it first and is putting up spoilers that we can't avoid? Like on facebook? How long have Americans been scrambling to find the episode in it's full length online, without paying cause we
are cheap like that? Only to find it in it's entirety on youtube, then our hopes crushed cause it was already removed due to copyright violations?

It was the BBC that cut funding for Torchwood, the US saved it, so be happy there's a show at all! There wouldn't be if it weren't for the US picking it up, so it's natural we save it, we see it first. You made Doctor Who, you can go ahead and get it first.

Everybody should get everything at the same time.

I like that idea too. It's stupid, they did it for a few episodes of Season 6, but then we got backed up two weeks.

I just don't like the pity party some people are pulling now that the tables have turned around so to speak.

EDIT: We Americans complained, but I remember specifically being told by some people that I should stop complaining. It's just kind of funny how tables turn.

Last edited:
*glares* I may have to wait years to watch Torchwood. Count your blessings.

And I agree with everyone getting everything at the same time. Of course, broadcasting corporations have this funny idea about time slots...

It's silly that in a world where everyone is connected, release dates are different (and that some thing don't get released in some parts of the world I'M LOOKING AT YOU ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS 2). But eh, I guess it's never going to change.
Anyway, I live in England, but it's not hard to find a download just hours after it airs :3

Or you could check out livestreams who stream the episodes live. That's how I watched "A Good Man Goes to War". :D

The problems I've found with watching things online are that they're extremely unreliable and usually have terrible quality (especially in full-screen, which is pretty important when your monitor is a TV :P).
Plus it's nice always being able to rewatch it whenever I want without having to worry about finding it again.

Well, that was fun.

Seemed more like a set-up episode than anything, but I'm really, really excited to see how they answer some of the questions, like how/if people recover from should-be-fatal incidents, and contagous viruses and what the deal is with paedophile-man. And it was so lovely to see Jack, Rhys and Gewn all back together, I'd missed their faces from my TV (Eve Myle's adorable gappy one most of all <3) and I don't usually like babies, but Anwen was adorable and the new character seem fairly cool and generally I AM EXCITE.

And OH MY GOD SEVERN BRIDGE-RELATED HUMOUR is my favourite kind XDDD The only thing that could possibly have made that better would've been Gavin and Smithy being all shouty by the barrier, but that would have probably ruined the mood.

But the best bit was that I got my whole family to watch it with me! I love it when that happens :)

I was doing all the shouty bits behind the TV. DO NOT DIS OUR BRIDGE, BUTT.

And JACK'S HIDEY-HOLE IS BACK!

Saw the second episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day yesterday. It was kind of notgood. It moved the plot, but not far. There were good bits, but it felt like it was more half an episode than an entire episode. I'm not sure where they were going with it. Gwen had a "cyanide poisoning" moment like Ten in "The Unicorn and the Wasp" which was funny, and another awesome quote, to Gwen, "I'm not worried, if you're the best England has to offer." Gwen shrugs, smiles, "I'm Welsh." *punch*. But otherwise it leaves some to be desired and I hope the next one resolves a bit more, which in the teaser it seemed to. This episode seemd more like a "let's slow down and built story and cannon" episode. Maybe I didn't like that it slowed down? Idk.

But there's this funny as hell character in the plane scene... you'll see him. :P

"If you're the best England has to offer then God help you." "I'm Welsh."
Sorry, it was my signature for a while. But yeah. Awesome.

CREEPYBROKENNECKGIRL BAH GAWD. I feel that this was a Gwen-centric episode since she was the star. It was a very good second episode, since it built the characters and the severity of the situation. Usually, Jack can just burp the poison out. If we see an established immortal cough and wheeze to death, that's an alarm bell for me.

Oh, and the formula for the antidote is real, just not the measurements.

I learned on Thursday that there are few things more fun than watching Torchwood with a family of Welsh people. Thye laugh at all the Welsh jokes! XD

Yes, yeeessssss broken-neck-lady was terrifying o.O
My favourite thing about the episode was that it seemed to be a Doctor Who/24/MacGyver crossovery soup. And very, very funny in places XD

Third episode... Terrible. I'm starting to not like this. I mean there are old school Torchwood stuff that makes me go SQUEE but not like CoE.

Back
Top Bottom