• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Can Bad dreams and Nightmare stack on each other?

i.e: Someone is plagued by Bad Dreams and has Nightmare used on it, will the sleeper take damage from both?

Are the opponent's stat changes accounted for when hitting substitutes?

e.g. if my opponent has used Iron Defense back and forth, would a physical attack do normal damage to their Substitute?

e.g. if my opponent has used Iron Defense back and forth, would a physical attack do normal damage to their Substitute?

I know for sure nothing happens to the Sub if it already exists.
Not sure if the original Subs after raising stats.

How does this work? How do they stop feeling its effects?
Switching, probably.

Related to sres's question (this just came to mind): if a Pokemon is affected by the Bad Dreams ability, will a foe be damaged if it uses Dream Eater on it?
Yup.

Can Bad dreams and Nightmare stack on each other?

i.e: Someone is plagued by Bad Dreams and has Nightmare used on it, will the sleeper take damage from both?
They stack.

A substitute shares its creator's stat changes.

Should Encore work on a Chill? (I reffed it that way once, but I'm using this as part of a strategy now so I want to double-check.)
Yes.

Okay now let's say the target has the iron barbs ability, it would be quite hard not no touch the spikes, wouldn't it?
Yes, in that case you would be hard-pressed not to take damage every action.

What would happen if you used acupressure on your own substitute.
It won't have any effect. If a pokémon with a substitute used acupressure on itself, the attack would work as normal.

Does Chill count as a move for the purposes of Copycat?
Yes, but if there's a restriction on chilling and the copycatter has already used all of its alotted chills, the copied chill will fail.

very few of the numbers relating to weather moves make sense -- the amount of health restored by moonlight/morning sun/synthesis/sunny day (?? -- see description of hail) and the accuracy of thunder don't match up to the numbers in the weather moves' descriptions, for example, and sunny day probably shouldn't have 90% accuracy (field-affecting moves don't seem to have accuracies in general).

Is it possible to command a Pokémon to Roost without healing (for the purpose of merely detaching the flying type)? If so, would it still count as a direct recovery move? And would it be possible for the user to remain in this state for multiple actions and use other attacks during said actions?

very few of the numbers relating to weather moves make sense -- the amount of health restored by moonlight/morning sun/synthesis/sunny day (?? -- see description of hail) and the accuracy of thunder don't match up to the numbers in the weather moves' descriptions, for example, and sunny day probably shouldn't have 90% accuracy (field-affecting moves don't seem to have accuracies in general).
I'll fix this soon-ish.

Is it possible to command a Pokémon to Roost without healing (for the purpose of merely detaching the flying type)? If so, would it still count as a direct recovery move? And would it be possible for the user to remain in this state for multiple actions and use other attacks during said actions?
You can tell your pokémon to roost to remove its flying type without healing, but it's not the same as the move roost. So no, it wouldn't count as a direct recovery move. The pokémon can stay roosting in this way for as long as it wants, but can only use attacks that don't require movement during that time.

Can confusion moves be used while the opponent is already confused in order to make the confusion more severe?

Lucas₇₅₅;513948 said:
Can confusion moves be used while the opponent is already confused in order to make the confusion more severe?

Yes, but it'll have less effectiveness as time goes on (same with paralysis and attraction; not sure about sleep).

I can see attraction, swaggering, taunting and tormenting lessening over time, and maybe just confusion in general, but how is paralysis less effective over time? Wearing off, yeah, but as far as I know nobody just builds up an immunity to paralysis.

Sleep is sleep, you can't really lessen the effects of that.

Can you? O.o

Back
Top Bottom