• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

... If false swipe doesn't cause flinching, then what, exactly, is the line saying "the opponent may be distracted or shocked enough by the attack to lose its concentration"? 0_0

wait, can false swipe remove the last 1%?
Yes.

... If false swipe doesn't cause flinching, then what, exactly, is the line saying "the opponent may be distracted or shocked enough by the attack to lose its concentration"? 0_0
It can disrupt concentration-based attacks, but not stop something like a flamethrower, which a normal flinch can usually pull off.

I might note:

25 Feb 12, 01:16 res: explosion needs a line to say the opponent might be distracted
25 Feb 12, 01:14 res: although I suppose I don't count as anyone
25 Feb 12, 01:14 res: but I just did!
25 Feb 12, 01:14 res: explosion is like a more powerful fake out except no priority or flinching and the user faints
25 Feb 12, 01:13 res: hyper beam is a more powerful fake out except without priority or flinching and special and less accurate and uses up lots of energy
25 Feb 12, 01:12 res: dizzy punch is a more powerful fake out without priority or flinching but a chance of confusion
25 Feb 12, 01:11 res: extremespeed is a more powerful fake out with lower priority and no flinching
25 Feb 12, 01:10 res: tackle is a more powerful fake out that doesn't have priority or flinching

Would it be possible to avoid a Surf by:

Diving?

Digging?

Climbing atop a tree, or a house? Would Using Aqua Jet be enough to propel an Oshawott up there?

Would it be possible for a Water Pokémon to Surf... on a Surf instead of being struck by it, thus reducing / avoiding damage?

Can Confusion and/or Full paralysis prevent Rest from working? Can a Surf in the face do?

Would it be possible to avoid a Surf by:

Diving?

Digging?

Climbing atop a tree, or a house? Would Using Aqua Jet be enough to propel an Oshawott up there?

Would it be possible for a Water Pokémon to Surf... on a Surf instead of being struck by it, thus reducing / avoiding damage?

Can Confusion and/or Full paralysis prevent Rest from working? Can a Surf in the face do?
Diving already answered.

You would probably avoid most of the damage from surf by being underground, but your hole would flood, and that would be a problem in and of itself.

You'd have to be several stories up to be high enough to avoid a surf.

No, only the pokémon that creates the wave can "surf" on it.

Confusion yes, the others no.

Could Encore be used on a Pokémon that hasn't moved on the previous action due to infatuation to Encore the last move it used successfully? Oh uh nevermind it does in fact work that way in the games, so.

edit: Also, if a Pokémon in a double battle is encored into a single-target move, is the target randomized like in the games or can a target be commanded?

Last edited:
Is Fire Blast reffed as a fireball that hits the target and then spreads into a five-point star, or does it unfurl into a star the moment it leaves the user's mouth? (Or whatever they're using for it) If the former, could you give me an estimate on the size of said fireball?

Back
Top Bottom