• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, Coloursfall. That...is...awesome. I'd take it if I didn't suck at double battles.

Anyway, dropping this, since it never got reffed, and I just noticed it was still in list of active battles on my ASB profile.
And issuing this:
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 9 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's,
Arena: Soupfish's Gone Crackers, Second Course
Soupfish the Magikarp, the mascot of the Fish Jumpers, is absolutely obsessed with soup. She's even gone so far as to build a giant bowl of luke-warm tomato soup for battling in. (how she did that with fins, don't ask.) A challenge was issued using this soup bowl arena, but it went without a referre for too long, and the soup went bad.
But now, Soupfish is back with a vengence!
This time, it's still a soup arena, but now...okay, not much has changed. It's still tomato soup. There are giant crackers floating around for the Pokemon to stand on, and the trainers still sit in chairs duct-taped to the side of the bowl. It is possible at any time for a Pokemon to take a sip from the soup if they get hungry, restoring 10% health. However, Grass-typed Pokemon won't enjoy the cannibalistic vegetable taste, and will only receive 5% upon drinking the soup. Fire-types however, will absolutely love the hot taste, and will regain 11% health. Another addition to this new batch of soup is pepper. This soup is slightly spicy, and on each sip a Pokemon takes, there is a 3% chance the pepper will make them sneeze, knocking them off the cracker platform they stand on.
Also, the use of Rain Dance will dilute the soup, causing it to overflow, spilling the contents onto the plate below, which instead of a plain field with no effects, now has a peanut butter sandwich half. The sandwich is a plain arena, except for the fact that it's slightly sticky, which will slow Pokemon down, and pieces of it can be eaten to restore 5% health to any Pokemon.

Other: Hopes this makes sense. I worked hard on it. Also, is there a rule against re-using arenas if the battle never got picked up? If this doesn't ever get reffed, I'd love to post it again later.

I still have two spots and haven't really had a "first" battle, so, I'll take you on.

challengies anyone?
2vs2 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 36%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Thorny Forest Clearing
As the name suggests, it's a clearing in a big ancient forest. There are thorny trees all around, and Pokémon that touch them take 1% typeless damage. Every action, there is a 10% chance that a tree will fall from strain and age, startling all Pokémon out of moving. Some time ago, someone dug out large lake-like pools that can now be used for water-based moves. The water from the pools is polluted with muck and debris, so all moves using water from the pools will be poison-type. (The use of Rain Dance will remove the muck for the remainder of the battle and make all pool-based moves return to their regular typing.)
Other: No fully-evolved or single-stage pokémon. Hope this makes sense and gets taken!

challengies anyone?
2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 36%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Thorny Forest Clearing
As the name suggests, it's a clearing in a big ancient forest. There are thorny trees all around, and Pokémon that touch them take 1% typeless damage. Every action, there is a 10% chance that a tree will fall from strain and age, startling all Pokémon out of moving. Some time ago, someone dug out large lake-like pools that can now be used for water-based moves. The water from the pools is polluted with muck and debris, so all moves using water from the pools will be poison-type. (The use of Rain Dance will remove the muck for the remainder of the battle and make all pool-based moves return to their regular typing.)
Other: No fully-evolved or single-stage pokémon. Hope this makes sense and gets taken!

I'll accept! I haven't had any action for a while.

2vs2 single
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 3 chills per pokémon
Arena: Waterfall Forest
This battle will be taking place in a semi-clearing of a forest. Well, sort of. This arena has two parts:

-A clearing in an otherwise too-dense-to-go-through forest, complete with four tall, branch-filled trees.

-A waterfall-fed lake, the same size as the clearing, but also surrounded by trees too thick to escape into. The lake is a good 10 feet deep all around, and the waterfall is too intense to climb.

The battle will have a 50% chance of beginning in either setting. Whenever a pokémon faints, as soon as the next one is released, the setting will immediately switch. Regardless of which setting the pokémon appear in, they shall be on opposite sides.

2vs2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 3 chills per pokémon
Arena: Waterfall Forest
This battle will be taking place in a semi-clearing of a forest. Well, sort of. This arena has two parts:

-A clearing in an otherwise too-dense-to-go-through forest, complete with four tall, branch-filled trees.

-A waterfall-fed lake, the same size as the clearing, but also surrounded by trees too thick to escape into. The lake is a good 10 feet deep all around, and the waterfall is too intense to climb.

The battle will have a 50% chance of beginning in either setting. Whenever a pokémon faints, as soon as the next one is released, the setting will immediately switch. Regardless of which setting the pokémon appear in, they shall be on opposite sides.

I'll take ya on

3vs3 single
Damage Cap: 40%
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers
Arena: Pewter Gym

A rocky battlefield situated in an austere building. There are several large boulders scattered all over the place, and the floor is easy to dig through. Because of its type affiliation, rock-type moves deal 1% more damage for 1% less energy. The ceiling is retractable, allowing weather moves such as Sunny Day to be used.

3vs3 single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers
Arena: Pewter Gym

A rocky battlefield situated in an austere building. There are several large boulders scattered all over the place, and the floor is easy to dig through. Because of its type affiliation, rock-type moves deal 1% more damage for 1% less energy. The ceiling is retractable, allowing weather moves such as Sunny Day to be used.

I'll take it.

Reserved for a rematch with Richie!

2v2 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 3 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Route 48

A very simple arena, with small patches of grass and a small river, capable of sustaining most water-type pokemon. Every round, a Pokemon will appear. If it is provoked (by a move that misses or a move that hits everything) it will attack the attacker. The Pokemon and damage are as follows:

-21% chance of Tauros, dealing 4% Normal damage.
-20% chance of Farfetch'd, dealing 5% Flying damage.
-9% chance of Vulpix, dealing 5% Fire damage.
-5% chance of Girafarig, dealing 6% Psychic damage.
-45% chance of nothing.

Any water-reliant Pokemon will be in the river, and land-reliant Pokemon will be on land. Amphibious Pokemon can move freely between land and water at the cost of an action.

Reserved for a rematch with Richie!

2v2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 3 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Route 48

A very simple arena, with small patches of grass and a small river, capable of sustaining most water-type pokemon. Every round, a Pokemon will appear. If it is provoked (by a move that misses or a move that hits everything) it will attack the attacker. The Pokemon and damage are as follows:

-21% chance of Tauros, dealing 4% Normal damage.
-20% chance of Farfetch'd, dealing 5% Flying damage.
-9% chance of Vulpix, dealing 5% Fire damage.
-5% chance of Girafarig, dealing 6% Psychic damage.
-45% chance of nothing.

Any water-reliant Pokemon will be in the river, and land-reliant Pokemon will be on land. Amphibious Pokemon can move freely between land and water at the cost of an action.

I... Guess I'll have to take this. Next time someone asks me for a rematch, I'm making the arena.

Also, question, any rule against re-using arenas? At all? Because I have a really great one I was proud of, and the battle never got picked up by a ref.

I... Guess I'll have to take this. Next time someone asks me for a rematch, I'm making the arena.

Also, question, any rule against re-using arenas? At all? Because I have a really great one I was proud of, and the battle never got picked up by a ref.

Hey, I did ask you if you wanted to make it. And if you want we can use that one instead.

Challenge for our new friend Joss Weathins.

1v1 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves, 3 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Weather-modulating arena

A large, gym-shaped arena. Scattered throughout are boulders, all throwable in size, and a large lake big enough to hold a wailmer. The arena begins like this, but at the end of each round, the weather in the arena changes.

30%-Roof opens (Sunny Day)
30%-Rain (Rain Dance)
20%-Sandstorm
20%-Blizzard

3vs3 single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: World Thread

The 'World Thread' is what keeps all dimensions, planes and worlds connected, all watched after by a gathering of Gods within a tower. They fight against those that try to harm the thread, those that try to enter another world to cripple the thread, and will call upon the help of others to mend the thread if it ever is frayed.

So why not have a battle?

Each round the stage will rotate from a vast sea (where non-aquatic pokemon gain a air bubble around the head) > A lake of Lava with stone platforms that can be used to leap from one another (chances of being burned are 5% per action) > Free-fall where both trainer and pokemon are falling through the sky with no land below in sight (Sound-based attacks are blocked). > Lightning Plains where a permanent storm threatens all that enter (5% chance of being paralyzed per action) > Overgrown Jungle where you have to fight on large vines and among bright yet poisonous flowers (5% chance of Mild-to-Severe poison per action)

When the battle starts, the Ref randomizes the first arena, then the other follow in order after that stage.

Arena Order: Vast Sea > Lava Pond > Free-Fall Sky > Lightning Plains > Overgrown Jungle. Then loops back around to the Vast Sea again.

I am challenging Blastoise to a battle.

2 on 2 battle, set style
DQ: 2 weeks
Baned Moves- 0hkos
Arena
League Master Arena-Grass

A large grassy-feild found within the headquarters of the Gildor League Masters. It is a standard arena but large enough that two giant dragons can still square off against each other and still have room to move. The challengers call out their commands from a secluded section of the arena built on each side.

Saving this for a battle with Penguin.

1vs1 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: Old Capitol

This battle takes place in the old capitol of Alpacastan. Alpacastan is a highly advanced country, which unfortunetly found itself in a war with the nearby nation of Swizmark, a warlike country ruled by a violent psycopath. A Swizmarkian bomb was dropped on the capitol of Alpacastan, destroying many of the goverment buildings. The capitol was relocated to Boblantis, but the old capitol was left as it was, a reminder to the goverment and the people just how devastating war could be.

The arena itself takes place on the old city central square, in front of what used to be the Grand Legislation Building, and is now a pile of rubble. Broken pillars are scattered around the feild, providing a safe area for pokémon. Any pokémon sitting on one of these pillars is 15% more likely to be able to dodge an opponents special move, and is completely immune to physical attacks, unless the opponent is also on a pillar, in which case it provides no cover.

As a result of the bomb, the city is now filled with radiation. If a pokémon stays in one place for too long (i.e. chills, or uses a two-turn move like solarbeam etc.) there is a 25% chance of them getting the status of poisoned, paralyzed, or asleep, and a 5% chance of them getting the status of burned, frozen, or confused.

If a weather move that causes precipitation (i.e. Rain Dance, Hail etc.) is used, it mixes with the pollution in the air, and causes 2% damage per round to ALL pokémon who are currently in the battle.

Other: Water-type pokémon who NEED to swim (aquatic pokémon) are not allowed, due to the fact that the arena has no water for them to swim in.

Saving this for a battle with Penguin.

1vs1 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: Old Capitol

This battle takes place in the old capitol of Alpacastan. Alpacastan is a highly advanced country, which unfortunetly found itself in a war with the nearby nation of Swizmark, a warlike country ruled by a violent psycopath. A Swizmarkian bomb was dropped on the capitol of Alpacastan, destroying many of the goverment buildings. The capitol was relocated to Boblantis, but the old capitol was left as it was, a reminder to the goverment and the people just how devastating war could be.

The arena itself takes place on the old city central square, in front of what used to be the Grand Legislation Building, and is now a pile of rubble. Broken pillars are scattered around the feild, providing a safe area for pokémon. Any pokémon sitting on one of these pillars is 15% more likely to be able to dodge an opponents special move, and is completely immune to physical attacks, unless the opponent is also on a pillar, in which case it provides no cover.

As a result of the bomb, the city is now filled with radiation. If a pokémon stays in one place for too long (i.e. chills, or uses a two-turn move like solarbeam etc.) there is a 25% chance of them getting the status of poisoned, paralyzed, or asleep, and a 5% chance of them getting the status of burned, frozen, or confused.

If a weather move that causes precipitation (i.e. Rain Dance, Hail etc.) is used, it mixes with the pollution in the air, and causes 2% damage per round to ALL pokémon who are currently in the battle.

Other: Water-type pokémon who NEED to swim (aquatic pokémon) are not allowed, due to the fact that the arena has no water for them to swim in.

I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE, SIR!

... Right, then. Challenge for Omskivar!

2 vs. 1 Single
DQ: Week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, perish song, attract
Arena: The Frantic Factory

Here's a video and a soundtrack.

It's pretty much this broken-down factory, and there are little to no natural resources (although the fake light substitutes well enough for attacks like solarbeam, weather moves, etc. to suffer no penalties); in fact, there's really not much terrain to speak of. The pokemon are sent out on blue and white metal platforms high up in the air that are arranged in the shape of a square (sixteen in total, with four on each row of panels). Each platform is just barely large enough to hold both pokemon at any given moment, but they definitely don't have time to sit around and enjoy the scenery for a good battle--Mad Jack has been unleashed and is out for the blood of all the battlers.

In order to avoid him, all pokemon are constantly on the move and use 1% energy per action. All pokemon are considered limber enough for this battle to hop from square to square, but none are immune to expending effort. Pokemon over one hundred pounds expend 2% energy, pokemon over two hundred pounds 3%, and pokemon over three hundred 4%. Pokemon using contact attacks gain extra momentum from the constant movement and do 1% more damage per attack. Pokemon being particularly motionless (determined by ref's discretion, but definitely caused by direct healing and chills) obviously don't expend the extra energy to move, but they do have a 30% chance of getting hit by one of Mad Jack's attacks if they don't move. Jack's attacks count as occurring outside of an action, and cannot be blocked by protect/detect/etc.

Jack's attacks depend on how many times he has been hit. He can be hit by multi-target attacks, and by landing on the button that randomly moves to a different square every other round. (It's slightly important to keep track of the square each pokemon is on!) After getting hit six times, Jack will disappear.

Jack attacks several different ways, depending on how many times he has been hit (Jack can be hit by pokemon targeting him or by landing on a button that moves to a randomly generated square every other round; because of this, it's important that the ref keeps track of which square every battler is on); he will throw fireballs - counting as the move flamethrower - until he has been hit twice. Once he has, he will shoot lasers--represented by focus blast in this case.

After four hits have been landed on him, Jack will turn invisible and can only use his stomp attack. Once he turns invisible, only the arena attack (landing on the button) can damage him. Once Jack has been hit six times, he will disappear for the rest of the match.

In addition, pokemon that do not move squares have a 10% chance of getting hit by stomp.

Jack's attacks ignore immunities and they always count as having STAB, but Jack is also a Krokorok-in-the-Boxorok. Make of that what you will.

Other: I'll be using Elise the skitty (with normalize!), and Omskivar will be using Tyrell the aron and Jaffacake the duskull; active squads are unnecessary. Elise will have 200% health and energy in total, but only 100% maximum at any given moment--if she goes down to 0%, her stats will all reset and she will go back to 100% (but only once, of course). Think of it as sending in yet another Elise; the pokemon that "knocked her out" will gain an experience point, and Elise will gain one like she was sent out all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom