• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Guys this can't be the absolute final roster. They never release the full roster until the games have been released or a few days before release dates.I don't think that is the complete roster because they have not listed any more characters on the main site yet. That might be the roster as of now but I bet there are a few more loose ends to tie up before the release the actual rooster. I think that is a teaser photo XD.:)
This isn't an official photo and the Japanese release is very close by.

Guys this can't be the absolute final roster. They never release the full roster until the games have been released or a few days before release dates.I don't think that is the complete roster because they have not listed any more characters on the main site yet. That might be the roster as of now but I bet there are a few more loose ends to tie up before the release the actual rooster. I think that is a teaser photo XD.:)

Game's out in Japan dude.

(Spoilers?:)

pssst if you use [spoiler=thing spoiler is for]spoiler[/spoiler] that will work better than changing the font color, cause at least one of the alt styles uses white as the primary text color!
It'll look like this, which makes it easier for people on any style to avoid spoilers if they so desire

(did anyone else forget that the [noparse] code is a thing because i forgot about it till now and it is a blessing)

Anyways: DLC is 100% reasonable, since Mario Kart 8 DLC is a thing.

Also Duck Hunt Dog is an incredibly interesting premise and playing as all the new characters will be fun

In fact, since the game came out in Japan today, we should know stages, music, Sakurain mechanics changes, etc very soon.

Game's out in Japan dude.

Yeah I just barely found that out like 10 minutes ago. I don't think everything has been unlocked though. Looks to me there is room for 4 more characters. The last 2 rows are not complete. There is room for 1 more character on the 2nd to last row and 3 more characters on the last row. That is 4 more characters not even mentioned yet but we have to think positive and hope they get revealed soon.:)

Yeah I just barely found that out like 10 minutes ago. I don't think everything has been unlocked though. Looks to me there is room for 4 more characters. The last 2 rows are not complete. There is room for 1 more character on the 2nd to last row and 3 more characters on the last row. That is 4 more characters not even mentioned yet but we have to think positive and hope they get revealed soon.:)
Japan is on a nearly 12 hour difference from the eastern US. As of now, Japan has had the game for more than a day. Knowing gamers, the game has already been completed by multiple people. This is the final roster.

Japan is on a nearly 12 hour difference from the eastern US. As of now, Japan has had the game for more than a day. Knowing gamers, the game has already been completed by multiple people. This is the final roster.

There's always the possibility of 100-hour unlocks, like there were in Brawl.

There's always the possibility of 100-hour unlocks, like there were in Brawl.
Smash Bros games always notify the player when they've unlocked all available characters, though, so I'm pretty sure the streamers can tell if they have a full roster or not.

But then again, there's always DLC.

lmao, people are already uploading the OST to youtube.

Also, I have some download codes for the demo (probably Europe only) if anyone wants one.

Who do you guys think would be a good candidate for DLC? I'd say the Ice Climbers, perhaps? And how exactly would DLC characters work? I mean, you have to program the trophies, stages (unless they get the same stage as, say, ROB or Duck Hunt Dog, who could possibly share a stage), every single mode (classic, all-star, story, etc.). It's not like Mario Kart, where you just program the character and you're done.

I don't remember reading it here, but a friend of mine recently got 4 access codes for an unlimited Smash demo. He got them because he's a Platinum Club Nintendo member. Fortunately, the same email he showed me said that next week a demo's being released. Unfortunately, the public demo is limited in its uses. According to my friend, one stage plus 5 characters (Mario, Pikachu, Link, Mega Man, and Villager) are playable.

I knew I should've registered all my games to get Platinum! D:

I'm not really feeling DLC for this game! It seems complete. Mario Kart 8, on the other hand, really didn't, so it doesn't surprise me that it's getting DLC.

How exactly does MK8 DLC work when it comes to online play? Can you only play against people who have the same DLC as you, or anyone?

Also how much does it affect gameplay? I know there's a Mercedes Benz DLC (wtf Nintendo), do those cars have any notable stats compared to the other cars in the game?

I'm just wondering because, I optimistically doubt Nintendo would do any sort of play-to-win DLC, which smash DLC easily could be, even if they try to make it as balanced as possible.

Well, think of MOBAs like League of Legends, or MMORPGs. You can have things others don't have.

Smash DLC would probably be stages. Character DLC just seems to unfair, mostly because that's what Smash is about. Of course, Nintendo always has the cash-grab that is skin DLC, but I don't think they'd stoop that low.

I just found out within the last few hours that this roster is not completed. It will not be complete until the Wii U version comes out. The reason is because you need to link up both versions to get the remaining characters. There is a source on another board I am on that leaked the information recently and I just found out from a moderator on that site that posted the information on how to get the rest of the characters. No one can fully complete the game until the Wii U version comes out later this year.:)

I just found out within the last few hours that this roster is not completed. It will not be complete until the Wii U version comes out. The reason is because you need to link up both versions to get the remaining characters. There is a source on another board I am on that leaked the information recently and I just found out from a moderator on that site that posted the information on how to get the rest of the characters. No one can fully complete the game until the Wii U version comes out later this year.:)
That's a rumor. What is said is that you can use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U version and share custom character information - most likely Amiibo, Miis, or movesets for the characters you can customize, like Mega Man.

Has anybody played the demo yet? Cause I won the club nintendo one off a friend and it's certainly interesting!

I'm pretty fond of Villager honestly

Back
Top Bottom