• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Hello everyone I'm on f***ing page 42 right now so I'll see y'all in like, a half hour minimum
@Keldeo I did see your questions but I'm gonna wait to answer till I read everything new

idk newcomer meta on this site but I think mafia are less likely to be swamped because they have the power of confbias on their side
nah depends tbh

When I am scum I do get stressed and feel swamped when other players post a lot and fast. Like, sure, you are scum and you post yourself up there to the top town. But then if you aren't in the thread, people will start forgetting why you are town read. Like, the reads people have of you will grow thinner. It is like the recency effect. As town idgaf because I can run off and then come back later and still post in ease. I dont need to build an image there because I already have one (town). Idk if this makes sense.

And even with confbias, you will need to make your posts to match the thread flow so you don't tl;dr or accidentally out your partners.

I've said it like a gazillion times by now!

I don't wanna tell people who might actually play later that they don't get to be a part of all the fun shenanigans of our revival game on d1 when I have basically no suspicions that I feel super-strongly about. It's sad.
hweh
I mean I get it, I guess it's just a sore sticking point for me that you'd feel differently about this game for reasons when if you had had this attitude before that would have been nice for me 😔

@Panini I think you can just start here
Thank ye
I think my thoughts pretty much line up with what Seshas' immediate interpretation was anyway: it looks kind of derpy for ILS whereas I think the backtracking and suggestion for an abstain is kind of worse from Ottercopter. That being said I kind of want to question whether mafia floats the latter that transparently unless they don't really realize the implication of what they're saying or their confident in playing it off as a good idea so idk. It's just v fumble overall.

Skimmed, I have like 20 minutes here. I know people have asked me stuff, will try to get to it.

Odie isn't a good lynch because mafia have little incentive to save him
I honestly don't care as much about doing a Good Lynch today as much as I want to give everyone who's actually here like 72 more hours with the game, hehe. But I'm just being soft I think.

I gotta think more deeply/actually read the ILS cases, atm I'd vote him to get a lynch over abstaining. Does anyone know how many abstains there have been?

hweh
I mean I get it, I guess it's just a sore sticking point for me that you'd feel differently about this game for reasons when if you had had this attitude before that would have been nice for me 😔

I do like to be inconvenient to the mafia tbh
LWMZy3s.png

I don't understand the Seshas post but I guess other people do so they can deal with it

I kind of enjoy the lulz of not knowing who is voting what but it's probably a good idea to ask @Butterfree for a current vote count

also I think I'm voting boq so I'll unvote

Back
Top Bottom