• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Hmm. Okay maybe I can do something useful with my vote. What if I vote Ottercopter so that maybe there can be ~competing wagons~ or something

as far as i can see, wouldn't hurt us
which is the only real rationale for inactive-lynching. we don't want to vote for actives (me 10000% included) for their insight, nor semi-actives who could provide insight and might not have had time to participate in day 1. but i still like vehemently maintain that there are a few people who fall right in between

Yep! I am really bad at scumreading people. Eifie can (I hope) tell you that this is ~my town meta more recently
i have heard of that but like, it was the same during that D1. We'll see how the game develops. What I am observing is that some are trying to not stamp in the sand and just go somewhere whereas your what if posts can put peeps back in stamping the sand. Whether that is deliberate or not, I do not know yet tbh

@Negrek in the same boat hahahahahahaha
Ffffuck yoooooouuuuu

I haven't said much because I haven't got much to say, which is pretty common in the first couple of days of play. I feel like most speculation based on a handful of posts is grasping at straws; unless some mafia member screws up royally right away (which certainly does happen), I think there's rarely enough to go on without the benefit of a couple more flips and info picked up during the night. I'll post when I have something to say, but I don't like talking to fill up air. Like I said, my reads are that no one in particular stands out as scummy to me, and as far as "pretty much confirmed innocent" goes, that's only IndigoEmmy and honestly probably VM, to my eyes.

One thing I did think was interesting was Keldeo's earlier post about rari_teh referring to kyeugh as qva despite not knowing her, but Eifie was the first one to use that name in the thread (on page 10, I think?), so no dice there.

To be honest, I'm a bit baffled by all the assertions that ILS' reaction to VM's joke post is suspicious; likewise Ottercopter's. If you took it seriously, it was a very surprising post, and I don't think it odd that someone would pop up to respond even if they hadn't said much before. I also especially fail to see how wondering about what powers the mafia might have if the innocents really did have such a ridiculous role on their side is thinking about things from a mafia point of view, as I believe someone said shortly after he made that comment. As for my opinion on the chaos VM's post caused, some people freaked out and made confused posts; I didn't see anything alignment-indicative about them. If anything I'm more inclined to believe that people posting their misreads are more likely to be innocent, because I would hope that if someone saw that and ran off to scumchat with an "oh no that power is insane what do we do???" at least *someone* there would have been able to tell them to chill and not draw attention to themselves over a silly joke post.

At this point I would certainly like to hear more out of ILS, but he wouldn't be my first lynch target. He (and Stryke, and Ottercopter) have at least shown an interest in engaging with what's going on, while I agree there isn't much value in voting out Odi_Pie. So, with that in mind, I think my vote is actually RedNeckPhoenix, since as far as I'm aware he hasn't shown up to except to comment a couple of times on how fast the game is moving. I would hope to see more out of ILS, Stryke, and Ottercopter in the future, but I don't actually see any of them as particularly mafia at this point, and if they're actually going to play then we'll learn more about them anyhow; if not, then they will make easy lynch targets if there's no more obvious target later on.

(Also I'm pretty sure Flora has done basically nothing this game, too? But I'm used to the days when she didn't post at all in any of her games, so even a little engagement is kind of a surprise, heh.)

fuck. ok. i thought i had wayyy more time. i’m going to go read the relevant stuff again. would anyone mind pitching me their vote (particularly the ils/otter wagon proponents)?

So, with that in mind, I think my vote is actually RedNeckPhoenix,
and i agree with neg's analysis of rnp, but i'm going to repeat that
I'm aware he hasn't shown up to except to comment a couple of times on how fast the game is moving.
this is also true of ils except that he had also made sus comments long before the VM reaction, which i can understand being seen as benign

fuck. ok. i thought i had wayyy more time. i’m going to go read the relevant stuff again. would anyone mind pitching me their vote (particularly the ils/otter wagon proponents)?
i forget if you saw mine, but my pitch spanned 1090, 1092, and 1103

this is also true of ils except that he had also made sus comments long before the VM reaction, which i can understand being seen as benign
in particular, my discomfort was not because of his reaction alone (i wrote it off because i agreed w seshas) but because i really didn't like the callout pattern even beforehand, one which was also seen by rari_teh. this is also why i'm more ok with otter, because she didn't have ils-style callouts under her belt

One thing I did think was interesting was Keldeo's earlier post about rari_teh referring to kyeugh as qva despite not knowing her, but Eifie was the first one to use that name in the thread (on page 10, I think?), so no dice there.
what do you mean by this? it seems like you’re maybe saying keldeo doesn’t know me so it’s surprising he’d call me qva and not kyeugh (thus suggesting he might’ve picked it up in wolfchat), but if that’s indeed what you meant, keldeo def knows me and i played as qva with him on another forum

that said, this was legit panini’s tell in that one game looool. #tbt

what do you mean by this? it seems like you’re maybe saying keldeo doesn’t know me so it’s surprising he’d call me qva and not kyeugh (thus suggesting he might’ve picked it up in wolfchat), but if that’s indeed what you meant, keldeo def knows me and i played as qva with him on another forum

that said, this was legit panini’s tell in that one game looool. #tbt
No, Keldeo pointed out that rari_teh called you qva early on, and speculated that he might have picked that name up from mafia members. I know that Keldeo knows you, lol

ohhh! i read it as keldeo’s post referring to me as qva, not rari referring to me as qva. whoops. i was kinda like ?? hahaha
that is actually an enlightened take even with eif’s calling me qva first not withstanding 🤔 but maybe i’m just looking for reasons to scumread rari

I wish I knew the votecount lol

from the votes I remember there are 2 for ILS, 2 for Ottercopter, 1 for Odie_Pie, 1 for RNP, and ??? abstains

ohhh! i read it as keldeo’s post referring to me as qva, not rari referring to me as qva. whoops. i was kinda like ?? hahaha
that is actually an enlightened take even with eif’s calling me qva first not withstanding 🤔 but maybe i’m just looking for reasons to scumread rari
honestly i've been trying to search for where the first qva mention came up but it's too short of a word to search on xenforo. have been googling for a bit about it hah.... this would be good to resolve

honestly i've been trying to search for where the first qva mention came up but it's too short of a word to search on xenforo. have been googling for a bit about it hah.... this would be good to resolve
Negrek said page 10!

Back
Top Bottom