• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

i’ve also said “i’m qva” explicitly i think twice now but i do think it’s kiiiind of a weird thing for someone who doesn’t know me to pick up? but definitely not impossible ig

in particular, my discomfort was not because of his reaction alone (i wrote it off because i agreed w seshas) but because i really didn't like the callout pattern even beforehand, one which was also seen by rari_teh. this is also why i'm more ok with otter, because she didn't have ils-style callouts under her belt
As far as I can see, the only posts where he's accused anyone of anything are one where he said he was getting "kinda not great vibes from" rari_teh and one where he was "a little suspicious of VM." The VM one in particular I'm not sure what he's getting at, but these don't really seem like "callouts" to me? Or much of a pattern? Posting vague things like this and then poofing is maybe a little like the mafia putting out feelers, but if actually mafia I feel like he wouldn't have just vanished after that last VM post once it became clear he'd drawn unwelcome attention with it.

The point about an RNP lynch not giving much information is fair; I'd kind of been thinking of all inactive lynches being pretty much equal here, but what would ILS' alignment tell us? Would we feel comfortable slotting Ottercopter as innocent or mafia based on what ILS flipped (or vice versa)?

i’ve also said “i’m qva” explicitly i think twice now but i do think it’s kiiiind of a weird thing for someone who doesn’t know me to pick up? but definitely not impossible ig
maybe he just didn't want to try to remember how to spell "kyeugh" because I remember that was why I wrote qva :wowee:

Hi everyone I'm here, it took me like a whole ass hour+ to catch up, but I'm here
Just in case my post takes too damn long to type up, ILiekSquirtles is my vote for right now, give me a bit to explain myself though. tl;dr for reasons I've already stated, I trust mewtini, and I think her case on him is a solid d1 case as any. we certainly learn more from this flip at least. this is changing my vote from odiepie, bc this seems at the VERY least marginally more useful

Post with Quotes and Such coming y'alls way

As far as I can see, the only posts where he's accused anyone of anything are one where he said he was getting "kinda not great vibes from" rari_teh and one where he was "a little suspicious of VM." The VM one in particular I'm not sure what he's getting at, but these don't really seem like "callouts" to me? Or much of a pattern? Posting vague things like this and then poofing is maybe a little like the mafia putting out feelers, but if actually mafia I feel like he wouldn't have justThe point about an RNP lynch not giving much information is fair; I'd kind of been thinking of all inactive lynches being pretty much equal here, but what would ILS' alignment tell us? Would we feel comfortable slotting Ottercopter as innocent or mafia based on what ILS flipped (or vice versa)?
As far as I can see, the only posts where he's accused anyone of anything are one where he said he was getting "kinda not great vibes from" rari_teh and one where he was "a little suspicious of VM." The VM one in particular I'm not sure what he's getting at, but these don't really seem like "callouts" to me? Or much of a pattern? Posting vague things like this and then poofing is maybe a little like the mafia putting out feelers, but if actually mafia I feel like he wouldn't have just vanished after that last VM post once it became clear he'd drawn unwelcome attention with it.

The point about an RNP lynch not giving much information is fair; I'd kind of been thinking of all inactive lynches being pretty much equal here, but what would ILS' alignment tell us? Would we feel comfortable slotting Ottercopter as innocent or mafia based on what ILS flipped (or vice versa)?
i feel like this wasnt your intention but this post is communicating to me that an rnp vote and an ils one aren’t really that different in terms of information yield, and you concede that ils has done things that could be regarded as mildly suspicious even if you don’t think it’s damning whereas rnp is basically just null

As far as I can see, the only posts where he's accused anyone of anything are one where he said he was getting "kinda not great vibes from" rari_teh
maybe, i still think he had a bizarre reading in saying that rari was pouncing on you (and i think quoting "kinda not great vibes" ignores the most dramatic verb in ILS' post).

and one where he was "a little suspicious of VM." The VM one in particular I'm not sure what he's getting at, but these don't really seem like "callouts" to me? Or much of a pattern?
i think they seem more callout-y when he's barely been involved in discussion as is :/ i'd feel better if he just popped in at those same times to say "sorry, catching up"

but if actually mafia I feel like he wouldn't have just vanished after that last VM post once it became clear he'd drawn unwelcome attention with it.
he hadn't drawn unwelcome attention? he got instantly cleared?

my 2 cents is still pretty much just this
Posting vague things like this and then poofing is maybe a little like the mafia putting out feelers
and tbh i kind don't know what to make of negrek now because

i feel like this wasnt your intention but this post is communicating to me that an rnp vote and an ils one aren’t really that different in terms of information yield, and you concede that ils has done things that could be regarded as mildly suspicious even if you don’t think it’s damning whereas rnp is basically just null

I believe Negrek did actually put in the effort to ctrl-F "qva" on every page to try to find the first mention before making that long posts of theirs and that seems pretty legit to me!

It's totally the kind of Very Deep Thought and Totally Nuanced Read that wolf!Keldeo would do except Negrek isn't Keldeo so I think it's just a real thing. :p

he hadn't drawn unwelcome attention? he got instantly cleared?
like yes there's unwelcome attention on him NOW but if he is also just combo inactive/mafia or something i don't want to involve the fact that he hasn't yet popped up hundreds of posts later

No, that's accurate. If lynching either is equivalent in terms of information gained, I'd rather go for the person who doesn't appear to have any interest in playing. If an ILS lynch would give us more information, that's the better choice. So, if ILS is mafia, what does that mean? If he's innocent, what does that mean?

I will admit that I'm also reluctant to go for an ILS lynch because I truly don't understand why mewtini's so adamant about it.

Back
Top Bottom