• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

@Herbe, what do you think about kyeugh and rari independently, and their discussion with mewtini about the voting thing?
I will be entirely honest that I don't remember what voting thing you're talking about, @Keldeo , and I'd have to get a refresher but for right now I don't necessarily have the time to go back and investigate. I'm neutral on kyeugh, maybe the needle tips town but overall neutral. rari seems town to me tbh but that could change.
It's just kind of a bit weird to me that he focused so hard on giving an opinion about mewtini with quoted posts to give exact evidence and hasn't even really mentioned much about other people? It could just be an oversight on his end, but I still find it odd.
you can note that I got explicitly asked right after I said that I townread her:
Herbe, why do you townread mewtini?
herbe has seemed really self-conscious in his posts to the point where i think the fact he volunteered info there has less to do with who it was and more to do with keldeo having solicited that information
yeah that's kinda true, although I wouldn't go to that effort for someone I didn't feel I had a really solid read on. also wdym by self-conscious?

No, that's accurate. If lynching either is equivalent in terms of information gained, I'd rather go for the person who doesn't appear to have any interest in playing. If an ILS lynch would give us more information, that's the better choice. So, if ILS is mafia, what does that mean? If he's innocent, what does that mean?

I will admit that I'm also reluctant to go for an ILS lynch because I truly don't understand why mewtini's so adamant about it.
i mean i kinda get that sentiment but i think if information yield is equal it makes more sense to go for the guy you think is even marginally more likely to be scum. not wanting to punish people for participating is respectable but the primary purpose of this game is to hunt scum. that is probably the reason mewt is adamant about it

I will admit that I'm also reluctant to go for an ILS lynch because I truly don't understand why mewtini's so adamant about it.
i'm honestly not sure how to re-re-re-re-rephrase it without sounding like i'm pushing it too hard so bear with me if it comes off like that in the forthcoming summary. and i am also being genuine when i say i'm totally ok with an RNP vote (which is why i went so far as to mention it as an alternate vote when i finally voted ILS) and i was significantly more afraid of an odie lynch at the time than i currently am about RNP over ILS

i’m like borderline convincing myself to vote for ils lol but i actually get worse vibes from otter i thiiink?

I guess what I should say is, I think I understand where mewtini is coming from, but I don't agree. I don't see ILS as particularly scummy, so in my mind, he and RNP are essentially equivalent outside of participation.

So again, what are we hoping to learn from ILS' death?

i’m like borderline convincing myself to vote for ils lol but i actually get worse vibes from otter i thiiink?
hahahaha also i understand the otter wagon and would be fine with that too, this is where i kinda feel eif's "i don't want to kill people just coming in :(((" vibes from earlier. i dont have the same sympathy for people who've posted fewer than 10 times, which otter at least has. will expand momentarily but i just thought losing inno!otter would be more of a loss than losing inno!ils or anything!rnp

As far as I can see, the only posts where he's accused anyone of anything are one where he said he was getting "kinda not great vibes from" rari_teh and one where he was "a little suspicious of VM." The VM one in particular I'm not sure what he's getting at, but these don't really seem like "callouts" to me? Or much of a pattern? Posting vague things like this and then poofing is maybe a little like the mafia putting out feelers, but if actually mafia I feel like he wouldn't have just vanished after that last VM post once it became clear he'd drawn unwelcome attention with it.

The point about an RNP lynch not giving much information is fair; I'd kind of been thinking of all inactive lynches being pretty much equal here, but what would ILS' alignment tell us? Would we feel comfortable slotting Ottercopter as innocent or mafia based on what ILS flipped (or vice versa)?
since squirtle has been discussed, we can look at those who were for and against voting them and so on etc

Hi everyone I'm here, it took me like a whole ass hour+ to catch up, but I'm here
Just in case my post takes too damn long to type up, ILiekSquirtles is my vote for right now, give me a bit to explain myself though. tl;dr for reasons I've already stated, I trust mewtini, and I think her case on him is a solid d1 case as any. we certainly learn more from this flip at least. this is changing my vote from odiepie, bc this seems at the VERY least marginally more useful

Post with Quotes and Such coming y'alls way
AAYofGAAAU1Q.png

i just thought losing inno!otter would be more of a loss than losing inno!ils or anything!rnp
I'm kind of ambivalent on lynching otter; I'm w boq saying that she's a good lynch too, but the reason inno!ils really isn't giving us anything positive (vs inno!otter, who is doing at least marginally more), ils is just kinda popping in to throw suspicion then leaving, if I'm following the current discussion correctly. I feel good with my vote staying as it is.

sorry herbe i dont mean that in a mean sense

It just feels opportunistic to me and the vote itself feels a bit cynical tbh
ive also waited for an opportunity to post that meme tbh

No, that's accurate. If lynching either is equivalent in terms of information gained, I'd rather go for the person who doesn't appear to have any interest in playing. If an ILS lynch would give us more information, that's the better choice. So, if ILS is mafia, what does that mean? If he's innocent, what does that mean?
am writing this post in between replying to everything else so bear with me.
  1. i settled on ILS/RNP because they were both inactive, but not so inactive that they were confirmed to just be ghosting the game altogether. so my analysis is only between the two of them and is myopic in that way
  2. this was also me being concerned that they were mafia feelers, but i think i noticed ILS more because he posted slightly more indepth analysis (not much, though) and so i now think RNP is more likely to just be inactive than ILS
  3. RNP is closer to an infoless kill, a la odie_pie. he has said zilch so no one knows literally anything about him
  4. ILS has a pattern that i am just made really uneasy by but i accept that my reads were just subjective
  5. i chose not to bandwagon otter because a) sympathy and b) she's been more talkative at least than ILS
  6. i don't think we lose anything by voting ILS because he's said nothing of use, and we've talked about him and as boq said it'll produce so much more intel to watch how things pan out after this discussion
  7. so basically we lose nothing, but gain nothing with RNP lynch, and i think we lose nothing and potentially gain with an ILS lynch
idk why my take is apparently getting controversial when i literally am whittling down "what's the most profitable, but safe (read: NOT an active player) vote" which i think is a much more pacifistic take than otter, which i'm just too cowardly to get behind

idk why my take is apparently getting controversial
this was meaner than intended and maybe i'm just on edge after hours of reading this thread, but neg's takes have confused me for what kyeugh initially replied with

Back
Top Bottom