• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New decade, new forums

There’s a style switcher in the bottom left corner! Welcome back!

I just tried that out. It appears that 2011-me had good taste, if one of my past decisions is indeed the reason why the forum is purple. The site has been updated, and I'm not entirely sure what has changed in my absence.

Thank you. It is good to be back.

hi, welcome back! I feel like multiple people have used the name Zoroark here so I have no idea if I ever talked to you.

lol, What if all the people using the name zoroark, were, in fact the same zoroark disguised as different zoroarks.

Last edited:
There’s a style switcher in the bottom left corner! Welcome back!

I just tried that out. It appears that 2011-me had good taste, if one of my past decisions is indeed the reason why the forum is purple. The site has been updated, and I'm not entirely sure what has changed in my absence.

Thank you. It is good to be back.
Yeah, the forum was recently upgraded to entirely new software and all styles have to be remade for the new system, so these aren’t the styles you remember! Just wanted to point out you could switch if you wanted. :P

hi, welcome back! I feel like multiple people have used the name Zoroark here so I have no idea if I ever talked to you.

I just checked. You did not.

lol, What if all the people using the name zoroark, were, in fact the same zoroark disguised as different zoroarks.

This very thing was brought up back in my 2011 welcome thread, all those years ago. I did not like the implication back then either, since no-one was willing to let go of the 'hilarious' joke. Please don't start beating that dead horse again; it's already ossified and it will only make a mess. Even worse if you do it in an Announcement thread.

Yeah, the forum was recently upgraded to entirely new software and all styles have to be remade for the new system, so these aren’t the styles you remember! Just wanted to point out you could switch if you wanted. :P

Thank you. I shall bear that in mind. This also means that the good taste in colour palettes is yours, in point of fact.

I shall duck out of the thread now, I think. I don't want to accidentally derail the discussion any more than I have already; I do have a profile where people can drop messages about my return, after all. Hint-hint.

Last edited:
lil request: could the buffer time in between sent messages be like, reduced? or removed if you have a certain postcount? i get that it helps reduce spam/guards against people double-posting things accidentally, but seeing the "you have to wait 13 seconds to perform this action" in like, conversations/fast paced threads is getting to me tbh

Oh this is good, especially on mafia i always just spam the post reply button until i can finally do it and i always feel like i won't get stuff out as fast. So shaving five seconds on it should probably be good. :D

sorry for the lateness on this but This is the first time I'm logging in on desktop view since the Xenforo implementation, and I just noticed we still have the pronoun field! Is there any way to get that field added to mobile view as well? (Or if not, then can it at least be added to the little summary placard that you see when you mouse over a username on desktop/tap on a username on mobile?)
Should work now.

Unfortunately, it seems that all fields other than the pronoun field have now disappeared from desktop.

edit: This would be the perfect moment for that GIF of Peter Griffin wrestling with a set of blinds, but I can't find a clean version with no caption :(

Last edited:
sorry for the lateness on this but This is the first time I'm logging in on desktop view since the Xenforo implementation, and I just noticed we still have the pronoun field! Is there any way to get that field added to mobile view as well? (Or if not, then can it at least be added to the little summary placard that you see when you mouse over a username on desktop/tap on a username on mobile?)
Should work now.

Unfortunately, it seems that all fields other than the pronoun field have now disappeared from desktop.
Yeah, I took them out; showing only some fields on mobile isn't entirely simple, and they had the potential to mess up the mobile layout.

I do want to add the avatar credit back in when you hover over the avatar (which is how it worked on the old forums), though.

hmm, I just got a notification for being quoted in a quote within a quote. maybe there's an edge case? nobody's said anything about being pinged for just one level of nested quote

Is there a way to selectively mute individual forums? I know we had the option to hide forums in vBulletin - not sure if that was custom or not.

(Reason being, I don't really participate in forum games/RP games/etc and dislike feeling compelled to read the threads/mark them read/leave them unread haha)

No big deal if not but I figured I'd ask!

Is there anything that can be done to make threads from before the XenForo migration searchable? Whenever I try to search in an old thread I get no results (and a forum-wide search doesn't turn up the posts I'm looking for either).

There are 90 pages in the old Attacks and Abilities Guide for ASB and I need to reference a ruling that I know was made there at some point, but I can't search for it. :(

Is there anything that can be done to make threads from before the XenForo migration searchable? Whenever I try to search in an old thread I get no results (and a forum-wide search doesn't turn up the posts I'm looking for either).

There are 90 pages in the old Attacks and Abilities Guide for ASB and I need to reference a ruling that I know was made there at some point, but I can't search for it. :(
Oh, hmm. I'll rebuild the search index, hopefully that does it?

Oh, hmm. I'll rebuild the search index, hopefully that does it?
Sweet, seems to have worked. Thanks!

This is so amazing and thank you for making this update.

I may make a new account because severely-depressed-teenage-me made up most of these past posts and it is just a knife to the soul to have to see that. But I'm still deciding.

Looking forward to bringing back small forum culture!

another small request: I don't know if this is a straightforward thing to do in xenforo, but it's occurred to me that a "confused" react might be handy? especially in mafia

the sad react is the closest thing but it doesn't really send the right message

Back
Top Bottom