• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia signups

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
wrlHRnI.png

Are you mean like a minx? Are you lean like a lynx?
Are you keen to be seen when you're smelling a rat?
Were you there when the pharaohs commissioned the Sphinx?
If you were and you are, you're a Jellicle cat!

Hello and welcome to what may be simultaneously the best and worst idea I've had for a mafia game! This is the first one I've hosted in a few years, so bear with me if there are any hiccups. Thanks to @Eifie who graciously helped me work out kinks with the setup (and thus sadly will not be participating as she has been spoiled on all the inner workings).

I need at least 14 players for this game, and I can accommodate up to a maximum of 25 players. There are 14 power roles, and if we get extra players, the excess roles will be vanilla townies and vanilla scum. The ratio of scum-to-town will be 4-to-10 (29%) in a 14-player game and 6-to-19 (24%) in a 25-player game, and for in-between numbers, I'll distribute vanilla townie and vanilla scum roles so as to maintain a ratio between 24 and 29%.

Rules
  • The usual mafia rules: You may only post in the game thread during the day phase, dead players are not allowed to continue posting/private communications, etc.
  • No out-of-game-thread communication is permitted unless explicitly stated by me. I'll set up group PMs here on the forums for anyone allowed to privately communicate.
  • Please do not screencap your role PM or directly quote it at length. It's OK to quote small fragments or paraphrase it (or, of course, falsify small fragments or paraphrasings for a fakeclaim). If you don't know if a fragment counts as "small", try to err on the side of not directly quoting it (or just ask me).
  • In-thread votes will be accepted only when formatted in bold. You can also unvote or vote to abstain from lynching anyone. No hammering; at the day's deadline, votes will be tallied and the largest plurality of votes will be enacted. Ties will be broken by random number generator.
  • Please do not abuse the react feature. That includes living or dead players using reacts on old or recent posts for the purpose of surreptitiously conveying hints.

Post here in the thread to let me know you're interested in joining! Provided we get enough players, signups will run until the day after Butterfree's TVTropes Mafia ends, so presumably sometime in May or June.

Also please let me know what your preferred day/night phase length is! Barring a consensus for something else, I guess by default we'll follow Butterfree's precedent and go with 72-hour days/48-hour nights. Also also, I want to plan the phase change time around my nightly work schedule; the times that are convenient for me are either in the afternoon (around 3pm EST/7pm UTC) or overnight (around midnight EST/4am UTC); let me know which of these y'all prefer!

Last edited:
hello I would like to be involved in Cats (2019) mafia despite knowing nothing about the film Cats (2019)

I'm fine with either phase change time, but slightly prefer the overnight one.

Phase change at 4AM UTC would mean I can't be around for the end of day, or at most maybe on the weekend.

Definitely in! 😻

I don't have a strong preference for the deadline timing, and I'm fine with 72/48 hours for phases.

edit: Actually, depending on the start date, I might not be able to play - but you can put me down as in for now and I’ll post again if it changes!

Last edited:
I'm curious. I've played mafia before but it wasn't as active as the one Butterfree is currently hosting. Is that common in this forum?

I'm curious. I've played mafia before but it wasn't as active as the one Butterfree is currently hosting. Is that common in this forum?
The current TV Tropes Mafia is by far the most active mafia game we've ever played here, including the previous TV Tropes mafia that had literally fifty people playing.

I have no idea what the next mafia game will be like.

Reactions: Ys_
i'm in! 72/48 seems fine. timing is w/e as long as it's not in the dead of night or something.

with the current sign-up list I would expect a similar level of activity to days 3+ of the game that's currently running.

Reactions: Ys_
I'd prefer the 3pm EST, because my I don't particularly want to stay up until midnight on a regular basis
haha who am I kidding

All right, thanks for the info! I will hold off from signing at least for now.

I'm in too, and not just because the theme provides an excellent opportunity for chicken puns.

Like Butterfree, I'm on UTC, so if you go with the later phase change then I'll rarely if ever be around at end or start of day. Would still play though.

Back
Top Bottom