• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

I don't have the best grasp on her wolfgame, but from what I remember it felt a bit more agendaed, like she wants to get stuff done and push things with her posts.
this is the better way of saying what i was thinking. she was pushing really hard against people in the early stages of tvtropes

Seshas is interesting since I felt like I had an easy time understanding their points/logic in TVTropes but I haven't been sold on their content so far here even though everyone else seems to like their contentposting.
tbqh my seshas townlean is mostly that they voiced townreading skylar unprompted :p i don't feel as strongly positively about them as i did last game, so i'm keeping an eye out on that one

Can you expand on this read for me? I agree she'd been making more jokes and stuff here, and I think I agree on her for separate reasons, but the SOD atmosphere here felt pretty diametrically opposed to TVTropes in content density.
when i read back over d1 tvt after that interaction with seshas, it was less the content-oriented nature of it specifically that made me feel better, and more that i remember her arguing with me/others in bizarre ways (and that she tried to *pass it off* as content-related).

like, during flavorspec in that game, i mentioned that the kill flavor felt weird to me (and this was when a lot of people were tinfoil contemplating the possibility of a non-mafia kill) and she kept saying things that were only peripherally-relevant in a way that felt like it was meant to derail/antagonize me and discourage from in-depth speculation it'll be kind of awkward if it turns out that she actually believed it and i'm just shading her tvt performance needlessly

that doesn't really sound as organized as i want it to and this is getting long lmao but the point is that imo she made more 'grounded', less-attention grabbing plays in early tvt - that were intended to subtly interfere with discussion - than she is now as what i think is loltown. an aside is that i personally feel that, off of games that i've read where she played as town, i mostly agree with her and i clashed with her a lot with tvt; i am finding the bits of content that she's posted in here a lot easier to believe than i did last game, where i immediately disagreed with her dislike of rari/seshas

Can I ask you to talk a bit more about Rari, Trebek, and your read that Emmy is town for her read on kyeugh shitposting?
rari is my hypocop clear
i don't feel super strongly about the other two, but my attempt at explanation:
  • for emmy it's that she feels frustrated by not understanding skylar's behavior 100%; in 167 she briefly panicked about the fake jesterclaim and then said "i feel like she's town but i'm worried about it." on gut i'd feel like w!emmy would leave it alone instead of engaging as much as she did; neither of those things is actually AI, but i feel like her attitude towards it might have been?
  • trebek is my lightest TR out of the group and i kinda sheeped seshas on my initial agree - i read him as pure/lost but don't know how i feel about it now. also, as someone who knows him irl, i think that he is especially likely to be shy/hesitant to share thoughts for fear of messing up - regardless of alignment
Thanks! You're saying that mafia kyeugh is, like, meddlesome? I still feel like there wasn't any actual discussion to shutdown or interfere with in the earlygame but yeah, I haven't gotten any sense of that from after people started getting ~serious.

I actually have some personal theories about her scumtells based on thinking about her TVT game, but I'm gonna keep quiet on them for obvious reasons.

I see what you mean about Emmy better, and that's helpful to know about Trebek.

You're saying that mafia kyeugh is, like, meddlesome?
pretty much, yeah. but meddlesome in ways that weren't super flashy (i'm not at all huge on this this either, because of the climate so far as you said) - in tvt i felt like her earlygame shitposting was mostly done to blend in with the likes of eifie

btw, @ Trebek (and everyone), it's good to put ideas out there and stuff even if you're kinda hesitant about it! Eifie worded it better than I can I think:

villagers should just post whatever the hell they want to post without worrying about how it's seen imo

(much easier said than done)

Also, whoops, brain fart on Rari being your check, mewt. I'll give my own n0 a little later.

I have to go now but I'll be back, like, Monday night? I have a busy day tomorrow hehe.

it wouldn't be keldeoposting if it didn't occur between the hours of 3 and 6am!

Okay one more thing and then I'm really going to sleep, there have been a decent number of references to TVTropes Mafia since a lot of people were in it / followed it. But I know there are also a good number of people who weren't in it, so if that's you, please don't feel discouraged or anything by all the references hehe! I'm sure anyone who was involved could explain everything that's relevant if you have questions about how the meta is being applied, and you can look at the thread yourself too if you want.

(I was gonna ping everyone but felt like it would be mean hehe, so:) kokorico, ILS, Trebek, myuma, rari, Blu, Stryke - have you got any particular thoughts on players so far? Even if they're not that fleshed out yet, it'd be cool to hear them.

nope lol. I was expecting at least the first half of D1 to be mostly memes based on TVT D1, and got caught by surprise when everyone started actually playing :P Gonna reread, ask me again this evening

than she is now as what i think is loltown.
i’m not being loltown >:(

@kyeugh What did you want to like about Seshas
i think i just like when people reads freely and on the fly without being pressed. and of course there’s an element of knowing they’re right about me being town, but. :p i’ll admit that’s not a super strong basis for a read, especially since i don’t really see where they’re coming from with the trebek thing.

trebek is my lightest TR out of the group and i kinda sheeped seshas on my initial agree
seshas' posts about you and trebek make me like them, because i independently felt alright about you guys.
question mark

question mark
i liked you/ryan initially, seshas solidified my positive ryan feelings, but when replying to keldeo i realized my ryan TR was mostly confbiased / i don’t totally get their posts, either

i mostly have just been feeling alright about the new players pretty much because their Newness makes them sympathetic to me, haha

@Keldeo
Based on the fact this is Cats (2019) Mafia, the mafia members are probably Macavity (the film's antagonist, correct me if I'm wrong) and his cronies. According to post history and the "last seen" bit of their profiles, Tofu, rari_teh and M+7 were online during roughly the same time frame today (4:30AM GMT). This could be a coincidence, or maybe not... if they're all mafia, they might be discussing something on their private mafia chat.

Vipera Magnifica and RedneckPheonix have been online, but haven't posted anything. Mr. Ultracool is watching (or more accurately, reacting) from the shadows. Lying low...? Superjolt and Butterfree haven't posted due to real-life things holding them up, so they're free from suspicion for now.

So far I'm inclined to think kyeugh isn't mafia because her playstyle is different to the tvtropes game.

Tofu, rari, and m+7 were online without really contributing much to the thread, which is what makes it suspicious. Just wanted to clarify that

tofu and rari were both vibing in the cats stream last night, so i wouldn’t attribute suspicion based off of that (i am admittedly wary of activity/last seen reads nowadays)

Mr. Ultracool is watching (or more accurately, reacting) from the shadows. Lying low...?
i also am probably gonna be null on him for a while, but it’s worth noting that he played like this as town in tvt

ok I'm ready to be actually useful

townreads:
  • ILS - hasn't said much, but what he has said has been useful flavour spec
  • kyeugh and Seshas are being solvy, volunteering reads on the spot / earlier than anyone else. (Though based off last game they seem to be some of the strongest players here and would probably be more than capable of faking it)
  • Bluwiikoon seems to be behaving very similarly to the way Emmy was last game! Very stream-of-consciousness, happy-go-lucky. Just doesn't seem anywhere near guarded enough to be mafia. Especially considering IIRC this is his first game?
  • mewtini is my hypocop check! and also just seems to be being generally friendly/supportive of people/helping town gel? admittedly this is a bit weak
scumreads:
  • Eifie is clearly lying about being a cat. she's not even on the player list!
  • that's it
  • I have warned y'all repeatedly that I'm not very good at this
null:
  • Agree Emmy is acting differently from last game, but like I said earlier, I don't think that's necessarily indicative of anything
  • Keldeo on the other hand is extremely similar: long posts where he does lots of busywork (collating posts / asking people for clarification / explaining rules etc) but doesn't provide much in the way of his own info. It still feels like a scum tactic to me, but last game he was a cop, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
as far as the Light Earlygame TRs i mentioned - rari, trebek, blu, and seshas seem to have good vibes so far! excited for some more content to come out hehehehe. anyway rip mawile

Like I said above I agree about seshas and blu, and you explained trebek a couple of posts up, but what about rari? curious about what you're basing that on as afaict she doesn't seem to have said much yet

Back
Top Bottom