• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

Oh, by the way, I was culted on the second to last day in that game I posted.

On questions and other things:
-Keldeo: my read on Trebek may be biased based on something they said that I took as a sort of er confirmation? I could be wrong though. But I'll try to iso him. (I already had the appointment so I will probably be around, just maybe not very actively). As for you, Keldeo, I specifically liked how you questioned Koko's read on you and the overall questions you've asked. Very pro-town imo. Plus the advice against hypocopping.

I admit I did sort of worded the question in a slightly combative way, sorry about that, but it's because I generally don't trust meta too much (people can change their play style) and because for some reason my meta or certain things have made others take pause when I'm town.

My question about why mafias choosing a representative was bad is because I didn't see the benefit for them. Like, sure, they are anti-town, but the popularity thing still affects them. (Corroborated by Seshas) . A hypothetical mafia rep would still be losing popularity. (and after Seshas's new rule they would be losing two points, so.)

My questions to people like Mist or SJ is because I'm trying to get a better read on them and I prefer to ask them things to get a better read and I want to understand their thought process.

And as for throwing shade on inactives/my reads.. I generally look at people's posts' quality rather than quantity, their tone and general disposition to help. Mist s posts just seemed to me like they weren't focused on the game but more on mech things.

Plesse tell me if I missed any other questions/comments. Still in the process of catching up.

why do you think an inactive lynch is better tbh? i kind of don't love them because i think they're like ... lazier than at least poking at someone who's contributing (seeing as there is definitely mafia among the posters) and because they yield no information since, even if we're lucky and they are wolves, mafia probably don't really stick their head out to save inactives
also it's statistically 75% impossible that ultracool is not not not mafia since he just rolled it in cats! :wat:

why do you think an inactive lynch is better tbh? i kind of don't love them because i think they're like ... lazier than at least poking at someone who's contributing (seeing as there is definitely mafia among the posters) and because they yield no information since, even if we're lucky and they are wolves, mafia probably don't really stick their head out to save inactives
also it's statistically 75% impossible that ultracool is not not not mafia since he just rolled it in cats! :wat:
for the record, i’m not of the mindset that an inactive vote is better in a vacuum, just that in this moment i would rather see the wagons closer together for a longer period of time. i’m not as interested in the information UC as i am interested in how the votes play out from here (and while i agree that mafia would likely not stick their head out to save an inactive, i still think there could be info to be had once more people vote)

i think i worded my opinion on inactive votes more generally in my last post, tired brain moment lol

sandsnom wiggles feebly. it seems to have a lot of catching up to do.
-----
yall why do you talk so much when i'm asleep, i say, ignoring the fact that i slept more than i have for like a semester. time to reread

for the record, i’m not of the mindset that an inactive vote is better in a vacuum, just that in this moment i would rather see the wagons closer together for a longer period of time.
hmm. thanks! i guess i just kinda think the inactive lynch is more likely to go awry on d1 tbh when there's less information/interaction overall. kind of loling at myself because i defended ultracool from getting inactivelynched in cats where he was legit scum smh, but by the time he went out there had at least been some talk about him and surrounding him that we wouldn't benefit from here since it's earlygame

Ah, koko, did you make anything more of Ysabel after that extended dialogue that you had?
I was feeling more positive about her immediately afterwards, because I appreciated the effort necessary to go through my posts issuing point-by-point responses/rebuttals when it would have been quite easy to just brush me off with a pithy response. But if I put my subjective opinions to one side that's not really the most alignment-indicative of things. I'd still say she falls into my not-quite-sure-what-to-make-of-her grey area.

Here's where my thoughts are at right now, if it helps (kind of ordered within tiers):

chicken god: kokorico
pretty towny so far: Keldeo, mewtini
the grey area: Ysabel, Trebek, kyeugh, M Plus 7, sanderidge, Mist1422
uneasy: Bluwiikoon, Superjolt
poast moar: JuliaTheSeaTurtleQueen, Mr. Ultracool

I think my only changes here from opinions I've previously indicated are bumping Trebek slightly down - because my only real point in his favour was his pointing out the mafia's likely response to the popularity mechanic, and several people have suggested that that's perhaps not as AI as I first thought - and inserting mewtini near the top now I've had time to look at her a bit more closely. She's been firing off a lot of theories/starting discussions, and I really liked her attempt to trick me into contradicting myself (here). If that was wolf theatre it was excellently done.

Haven't really thought about where to put my vote yet. (Three hours to EoD, right?)

for the record, i’m not of the mindset that an inactive vote is better in a vacuum, just that in this moment i would rather see the wagons closer together for a longer period of time.
hmm. thanks! i guess i just kinda think the inactive lynch is more likely to go awry on d1 tbh when there's less information/interaction overall. kind of loling at myself because i defended ultracool from getting inactivelynched in cats where he was legit scum smh, but by the time he went out there had at least been some talk about him and surrounding him that we wouldn't benefit from here since it's earlygame
oh, i totally agree that it could go awry: i just think that the ways in which i envision it going awry are scenarios that give useful information

just to make clear tho, i would not have voted UC if he was the leading wagon

Mewtini, can you go a little more into the tonal differences between Cats Superjolt and here Superjolt? I may be excusing the depth difference too much because of the different circumstances, but I do think the circumstances are different enough... going off memory and like a 5-minute ISO skim of Cats, so I’ll dive back into that if I have time.

ftr, from what I know, MP7 has a high volume ceiling as both alignments. My impression is that her volume is much more indicative of her time to play than her alignment.

If she is “powerwolfing” (townreading partners and scumreading town), that doesn’t bode well for my reads because I think we have pretty similar ones, heh. Of course mafia might be conscious of their popularity, though.

Ah, koko, did you make anything more of Ysabel after that extended dialogue that you had?
I was feeling more positive about her immediately afterwards, because I appreciated the effort necessary to go through my posts issuing point-by-point responses/rebuttals when it would have been quite easy to just brush me off with a pithy response. But if I put my subjective opinions to one side that's not really the most alignment-indicative of things. I'd still say she falls into my not-quite-sure-what-to-make-of-her grey area.

Here's where my thoughts are at right now, if it helps (kind of ordered within tiers):

chicken god: kokorico
pretty towny so far: Keldeo, mewtini
the grey area: Ysabel, Trebek, kyeugh, M Plus 7, sanderidge, Mist1422
uneasy: Bluwiikoon, Superjolt
poast moar: JuliaTheSeaTurtleQueen, Mr. Ultracool

I think my only changes here from opinions I've previously indicated are bumping Trebek slightly down - because my only real point in his favour was his pointing out the mafia's likely response to the popularity mechanic, and several people have suggested that that's perhaps not as AI as I first thought - and inserting mewtini near the top now I've had time to look at her a bit more closely. She's been firing off a lot of theories/starting discussions, and I really liked her attempt to trick me into contradicting myself (here). If that was wolf theatre it was excellently done.

Haven't really thought about where to put my vote yet. (Three hours to EoD, right?)
Thanks! I have a bunch of questions for you:

Are these ordered within tiers?

Who were the "several people" who pushed back on the Trebek read, iirc it was mostly me? Do you have any read on his recent real-time posting with MP7?

Could I ask you to go a bit more in depth about your sande and Superjolt feels?

In general terms, how were you planning to approach me this game, before it started?

Also, sorry if I seemed like I was nagging you too much about thoughts on me and Blu - I knew you were asleep, just wanted to be clear what I was waiting for, hehe. I think what you say is fair enough, although I'm like... hmm. To clarify what I meant by bolstering, I almost don't think MP7 makes those posts in that sequence about a partner (liking his tone, then stating definitively he was town, then walking it back a little bit), and if she's town I trust her instincts.

And as for throwing shade on inactives/my reads.. I generally look at people's posts' quality rather than quantity, their tone and general disposition to help. Mist s posts just seemed to me like they weren't focused on the game but more on mech things.
How do you differentiate Mist's focus on mechanics from Trebek's focus on mechanics prior to your first reads post?

I'll be back in a little bit. Placing more votes is good imo - particularly if they're not bound to the two wagons we have right now, I think more options would be fine rn.

To be perfectly clear about my viewpoint, I would be kind of unsurprised if either of the current wagons flipped town or flipped mafia but I don't really have better ideas, hehe. I remember Mr. Ultracool seeming more hesitant to make posts as mafia in Cats than he seemed in TVTropes, which is also partially why I'm on him rather than on Superjolt.

i'm actually going to go to sleep now, lol. not sure if i'll be back before EoD because i have stuff from like, 12 until 3pm/EoD and it's like 4am so who knows if i'll get up significantly earlier tbh. so i'll vibe on superjolt (still irked by his reads before and the tonal difference between those and the catsposting) and hopefully make it back in time for everything
I admit my reads aren’t great, but that’s where I’m at. I’m kind of just really having a hard time reading everyone here, despite partially playing in/spectating Cats I still don’t really know anyone here that well yet and then there’s even players here that weren’t even in Cats. I was already kind of struggling with how I wanted to approach things in this game but being hit with a wave of exhaustion has just kind of killed it for me... I’ve slept a total of maybe 7 hours the past few nights combined

Kind of just looking at the thread and trying to think about things but my brain is like “nope” so I’m kind of frustrated

Trying to read but kind of skipped chunks of the thread, but uh did anyone have anything for me that I might’ve missed?

Hey Superjolt! Sorry to hear that... hope you can catch up on sleep soon.

If you aren't able to make reads on everyone, I would appreciate hearing a deeper dive or two from you in the time we have left.

Votecount (#616):
Superjolt | 3 | Ysabel (#362), M Plus 7 (#570), mewtini (#575)
Mr. Ultracool | 2 | Keldeo (#574), Trebek (#584)

Trebek votes mewtini [->1] (#216)
Trebek unvotes mewtini [0->] (#217)
mewtini votes kyeugh [->1] (#219)
mewtini unvotes kyeugh [0->] (#223)
Keldeo votes Superjolt [->1] (#317)
Ysabel votes Superjolt [->2] (#362)
M Plus 7 votes Trebek [->1] (#407)
M Plus 7 votes Trebek -> kokorico [0->1] (#467)
Keldeo unvotes Superjolt [1->] (#517)
M Plus 7 unvotes kokorico [0->] (#532)
M Plus 7 votes Superjolt [->2] (#570)
Keldeo votes Mr. Ultracool [->1] (#574)
mewtini votes Superjolt [->3] (#575)
Trebek votes Mr. Ultracool [->2] (#584)

70 minutes remain in Day 1.

My questions to people like Mist or SJ is because I'm trying to get a better read on them and I prefer to ask them things to get a better read and I want to understand their thought process
Did you have something for me? Which post? I know you’re voting me but I can’t really remember why rn

Quiet EOD, huh. I guess I'll try to write something about people I haven't written about.

Having a bit of trouble gauging kyeugh tbh. I guess I'd expect more pointed suspicions or pushes from her as mafia...? This is what I called agendaedness last night. I guess you could say that her talking about reasons to not townread like me / mewtini / Blu fits that mold, but I also think what she pointed out is reasonable about everyone.

idk lol, Ysabel linking her meta is straightforwardly towny/helpful, but she mentioned that she tries to be helpful as mafia, and so it's probably something she'd do to be "helpful" as either alignment. I skimmed a couple posts from her ISO there and it seems tonally similar so I'm guessing my worries about that are just a her thing. She maybe seized more on things she was suspicious of. I don't love meta reading games I wasn't in.

Back
Top Bottom