• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

(in the interests of full disclosure: pre-d1, i asked mampers an unrelated rules question in which i tacitly assumed a mafia faction existed. her response answered my question but didn't provide any evidence one way or the other on the existence of a mafia faction.)

i'm not really here yet because my brother wants me to craft some stuff for him in acnh, but the gist of my posts today is probably something like: i'd rather yeet tofu than negrek, especially after neg's longpost, but not really feeling either and would rather search elsewhere. currently thinking about vm or blu, and definitely agree i'd like to hear more from blu. currently roughly reading rari & skytini as either v/v or w/w, and more likely v than w.

I’m going to decide on who to vote for later, I can’t see any good options at the moment. I’m willing to believe Negrek is town.

A lot of important events from the past day seemed to have gone right over my head, so I’m going to go catch up with that

Ok here's a theory. Either Negrek and bm are scumbuddies and they're powerwolfing or maybe bm is right and it's Tofu and maybe Blu and vm (and rari and Jack based on people who defended Tofu or w ? . I reread some of Tofu's posts and they do give pause. Like the role PM correction people mentioned with blu's help. But wouldn't w!Blu nudge w!Tofu about her pm through the scumchat? Plus bm said it was nai? And do Skylar and mewtini tunnel as wolves? rari seemed to think they were unnecessarily tunneling but didn't scumread them based on that. Also I was thinking a lot of yesterday's discussion just felt like sidetracks. Like the discussion of whether there's mafia or not (because there hasn't been any mafs dead yet? But only three people have died. Isn't it too early to speculate like that based on only 3 deaths?) hmm.

Either Negrek and bm are scumbuddies and they're powerwolfing or maybe bm is right and it's Tofu and maybe Blu and vm (and rari and Jack based on people who defended Tofu or were unwilling to vote for her
oops. Posted before I finished correcting lol. Anyways, I guess Tofu gives us more info on flip than Negrek so Tofu

Hi friends! My stomach has been kicking my ass! 😄 I've tried really hard to catch up and I apologise if things have fell out of my brain as a result. My body is giving me a rough time, but all I can do is try!

I understand that my Zori vote yesterday had strange timing, but I'd also like folks to inspect that post very closely! I left a surprise ^^ It's not a very helpful surprise but it was the only feasible time I could get to do that sort of thing due to the rarity of certain letters.

Also, sorry again for the react storm! If anyone wants to bounce stuff off me that might be more helpful for me getting some thoughts in order 😲 As of now, I feel very ???? about Neg admitting to killing Herbe, especially since I feel like she would want to remove someone she perceives as alien as either alignment.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be Zzzing past eod time unfortunately, so Zori for lack of any better ideas :( Amphy nooooo!!
pizza? based on the uppercases? lmao :3

hhh I already made the mistake of bussing mewtini once and still think that tofu being mafia doesn't make sense. Like sure, there's been the inconsistencies but does that make her scum for sure? There's still time to discuss this.. no need to be rash. Also tofu as mafia would implicate a number of people which doesn't make that much sense? Don't know why mafia would try that hard to lynch her but maybe they think she could be a big threat if she used her ability right, kind of like how Mistyx ended up being such a help with her own ability in ooc.

hey blu, how do you feel about koko? since you hydrated with em once (even if it was a brief period of time). Were you able to gain any insight on eir play?

I notice e's been placed low in a few people's tier lists but was never directly addressed.

@kokorico heyy how are you? if you've been reading the thread do you have any reads/thoughts on recent events?

Hi Ysabel! 😄 I think I would have to reread to fully parse koko in this game, but in Powerplant e was very cautious and careful even when it seemed like Everyone was mafia aligned! (Since the twist was that only Herbe was town). E fakeclaimed at least twice to try to protect ourselves, and would put a lot of thought into eir posts and make particularly long posts.

Reactions: Ys_
(Granted, koko's "longposts" may only seem long to me because paragraphs take up more space on mobile. But still!)

Reactions: Ys_
Hey sorry, I'm going to try to catch up on the posts today, so I haven't read them other than seeing Jack vote for Blu. I do think for today I want to vote Mr. Ultracool, based on my previous post's reasons and the fact that I want to trust my own reads above any wagons that might come up. I just think UC could be outgroup and have a condition where his death helps mafia, or helps them if they target him, based on his ISO. We're probably going to go kayaking today so I'm sorry if I can't be here to elaborate during the day, but if you are curious, he does mention several times in his ISO wanting to be targeted or killed by mafia, and I think it is/was too early in the game for someone to want to just sacrifice themselves without another motive. I'll try to check in later, but also might be in sleep-land at EOD.

hhh I already made the mistake of bussing mewtini once and still think that tofu being mafia doesn't make sense.
i’m not sure what you meant, i don’t think bussing was the term intended here?

anyway sorry i keep picking on you/quoting you on this subject lol, it just keeps being the most convenient
Like sure, there's been the inconsistencies but does that make her scum for sure? There's still time to discuss this.. no need to be rash.
in our logic: yes it makes her >rand scum, at the very least, because the fact that the way she revealed is strongly indicative of some deliberate lie means that, for some reason, there was something being made up -> scum
Also tofu as mafia would implicate a number of people which doesn't make that much sense?
what do you mean?
Don't know why mafia would try that hard to lynch her but maybe they think she could be a big threat if she used her ability right, kind of like how Mistyx ended up being such a help with her own ability in ooc.
this is stupid to say but like.
why not simply nightkill her then

-m

tbh call us tunneled or whatever but i’m really >:/ that this was one of the main things that happened yesterDay and that apparently no one else, except for maybe rnp, felt like it was worth going over the timeline and are now just saying “oh there are inconsistencies i guess” or actually TLing tofu coming out of it. and that even when skylar and i went to the lengths we did to lay things out no one is talking to us about it or doing anything beyond skimming our post and then doubting it based on skipping over or misunderstanding things that we’d already discussed

i kind of think that if tofu is v here that at least some mafia would have jumped on or agreed with us since it wouldn’t have been a hard thing to go “oh, this clicks” about and place a vote over. instead i can’t shake the feeling that the resistance/thread attempt to move past the topic is indicative of something

-m

Was playing MtG with Tofu and ILS and a friend of mine last night and stayed up late; now I'm trying to catch up with posts this morning and my brain is just not capable of processing a lot of information right now.

I'm going to be out kayaking today so I won't be around until before EoD I guess, but I was going to say my suggestion from earlier.

Since we have only lost two self-aligned players and a roleblocker, I think we can reasonably assume there is both a cop and a doctor still alive right now. I can use my power on the cop, if I know who that is, to redirect any actions that target the cop onto me. The doctor, who should stay hidden, can also heal the cop, providing the cop (and, by extension, me) with a layer of protection. This combined strategy can give the cop two layers of protection, allowing them to openly share information with us to allow us to make more informed lynches. This is ultimately the cop's decision whether or not to go along with this strategy, but if they claim now and tell us their inspection results, then we can hopefully yeet correctly today.

Now before anyone shoots this down outright for it requiring the cop to claim - yes, that is the point. Follow the cop is the strategy that I believe will give us the greatest probability of a town victory. Just look at ooctvtm where the cop played a central role in scumhunting vs. any of the other games that resulted in a mafia win. I think my proposal is a good idea even if you don't trust me because all I can do is add a second layer of protection to the cop, whereas the unclaimed doctor will be protecting the cop regardless of my role.

Knowledge is the best weapon that town has at their disposal and a cop that doesn't share their results is a lot less useful to us. I'd prefer we keep the cop alive and have access to their inspection results sooner rather than later so I'd prefer if the cop were to claim so I can start protecting them. I do strongly believe that's in town's best interests but I understand the desire to stay hidden - this is, of course, entirely up to the cop whether or not to go along with this strategy.

hhh I already made the mistake of bussing mewtini once and still think that tofu being mafia doesn't make sense.
i’m not sure what you meant, i don’t think bussing was the term intended here?
I meant on snomafia lol sorry for not being clear

anyway sorry i keep picking on you/quoting you on this subject lol, it just keeps being the most convenient
convenient how?

Like sure, there's been the inconsistencies but does that make her scum for sure? There's still time to discuss this.. no need to be rash.
in our logic: yes it makes her >rand scum, at the very least, because the fact that the way she revealed is strongly indicative of some deliberate lie means that, for some reason, there was something being made up -> scum[/QUOTE]
Yeah you're definitely right on this. It's hnghhh tbh

Also tofu as mafia would implicate a number of people which doesn't make that much sense?
what do you mean?[/quote]
well, just thining on if tofu is mafia then who could be her team. As I see it, blu for the reasons already mentioned, how he tried to help her out. It also possibly implicates VM for also defending her or maybe not outright defending but not considering the possibility that she may be maf? And possibly rari for the defense (and tbf the seeming flailing. Which sorry rari but it doesn't look too good :( )
Don't know why mafia would try that hard to lynch her but maybe they think she could be a big threat if she used her ability right, kind of like how Mistyx ended up being such a help with her own ability in ooc.
this is stupid to say but like.
why not simply nightkill her then
-m
[/QUOTE]
ha good point 😅 I was thining that day would be easiest to mislynch roles they don't want

Back
Top Bottom