• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

I just think UC could be outgroup and have a condition where his death helps mafia,
s-so why would you vote to ... have him killed ...
In retrospect, these two posts feel almost TMI/openwolfy in how strongly they feel like an attempt to help a teammate cover up a questionable claim
you go on to say that this read would implicate tofu but like ... aren't you TRing her ... in that world, this means nothing from blu
also i agree that this save is weird but it looks bad for tofu before it looks bad for blu tbh, don't really understand why you'd vote here based off of that
-m

Since we have only lost two self-aligned players and a roleblocker
hmm, one question - i think it's still possible for there to exist a normally-functioning (i.e. not passive, as hydrei was (?)) mafia roleblocker. in that case what happens if they target cop and then that roleblock gets Attracted to you?/would that leave cop wide open ... or am i overthinking this
-m

ok nvm not bussing. I meant sheeping? like blindly following someone? (i swear i'm not a doofus but I'm used to a different sort of terms lmao) like that day i followed your mislead that trebek was mafia for wagonomics. And yes, i know it's not 'blindly' when you posted reasons and I don't think those reasons are invalid just not purely scum indicative but eh. I see the points and you probably wouldn't push as hard if you were mafia

tbh call us tunneled or whatever but i’m really >:/ that this was one of the main things that happened yesterDay and that apparently no one else, except for maybe rnp, felt like it was worth going over the timeline and are now just saying “oh there are inconsistencies i guess” or actually TLing tofu coming out of it. and that even when skylar and i went to the lengths we did to lay things out no one is talking to us about it or doing anything beyond skimming our post and then doubting it based on skipping over or misunderstanding things that we’d already discussed

i kind of think that if tofu is v here that at least some mafia would have jumped on or agreed with us since it wouldn’t have been a hard thing to go “oh, this clicks” about and place a vote over. instead i can’t shake the feeling that the resistance/thread attempt to move past the topic is indicative of something

-m
Given your reasonings here, I'm worried now that more and more people are gonna hop on the Tofu wagon now to try to divert suspicion 😲 Like, if Tofu is w then a bus gives them bonus towny points, and if she's v then it absolves them of having tmi?

I think it'll be good to analyse just how the voting plays out, bearing this in mind!

Also mewt forgive me if this is overbearing but you seem a little stressed out today ;o; Please make sure you look after yourself!!

ok nvm not bussing. I meant sheeping? like blindly following someone?
oh, ok, yeah. bussing is like, when you push your wolf partner under the bus - i.e. lynch them - to gain credibility.
tbh it may not help much but i pretty much was trying to channel my town game there, a lot of the pushes i made were based on things i actually saw (which is why i kept SRing my partner d1, who i genuinely thought looked scummy)
-m

Given your reasonings here, I'm worried now that more and more people are gonna hop on the Tofu wagon now to try to divert suspicion 😲 Like, if Tofu is w then a bus gives them bonus towny points, and if she's v then it absolves them of having tmi?
hahaha. well, it doesn't really matter, i think the read already exists whether or not people jump in or not; it was based on the fact that a decent amount of time has already passed

Also mewt forgive me if this is overbearing but you seem a little stressed out today ;o; Please make sure you look after yourself!!
ahahah, thanks! appreciate it - i was tempted to rage about it more but it would be a little AtE-y so i restrained myself
-m

I just think UC could be outgroup and have a condition where his death helps mafia,
s-so why would you vote to ... have him killed ...

I mentioned why in my previous post (but wasn't yet willing to vote then). He only wants to be killed BY mafia. After thinking some more about this, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume MF made a role where being killed by mafia would be a different condition than being yeeted. Extrapolating on that because it's my only theory and because I have not devoted further mental energy to this game this weekend, I'm still placing my vote there.

Well I was thinking about not asking for badges and the early claim. The way I see it is it's risky. Like RNP's supermiller claim, or because someone could cc her.
first thing (about the cc) - said this earlier, but we aren't doubting that her role isn't in part real; duplicator makes fine enough sense for mafia to have. in re: the early claim, we talked about this in our other post;
we think the early claim is sorta towny on its own, but not, like, especially so. and we're very much of the opinion that whatever town points it did win her were cancelled out and then some by this post, where she points to it as evidence of her own towniness. imo "if i'm mafia, why do i do THIS, huh!?" rarely feels good—very LAMIST vibes and i think these thoughts occur to wolves more often than town.
i also would argue that her comments about the badges are like ... NAI? fwiw the early claim/badgestance are clearly working, and i think it's plausible for scum to say "don't give me badges" if it a) isn't something they need, b) makes them look towny, or c) both.

sorry if i'm being curt, but i'm honestly getting sort of frustrated because i feel like people aren't really engaging with what we've posted and instead keep glossing over it
-m
mkay I think you meant this with the not engaging. Yes, I agree her copycat thing could as well be real as either alignment. Do you think she's possibly hiding her real badge cost ability or that she really doesn't have one? I think it maybe doesn't make sense as either alignment so she probably lied outright?
general q for the crowd, are we assuming 3p doesn't give out any badges then?
does it matter?

ok nvm not bussing. I meant sheeping? like blindly following someone?
oh, ok, yeah. bussing is like, when you push your wolf partner under the bus - i.e. lynch them - to gain credibility.
tbh it may not help much but i pretty much was trying to channel my town game there, a lot of the pushes i made were based on things i actually saw (which is why i kept SRing my partner d1, who i genuinely thought looked scummy)
-m
Oh I see. ty for explaining

does it matter?
uh, i guess not? it just came up because we had just been talking about seshas giving out badges and people seemed to be assuming 3p distributed them.
and i say later that i'd been thinking tangentially about mafia giving out badges, so the topic was on my mind hehe
Yes, I agree her copycat thing could as well be real as either alignment. Do you think she's possibly hiding her real badge cost ability or that she really doesn't have one? I think it maybe doesn't make sense as either alignment so she probably lied outright?
i'm guessing that she just doesn't have one? also, skylar and i were thinking that maybe she was purposefully avoiding claiming colorful scatter, but then later forgot that she'd omitted mentioning it, and then slipped and said the phrase (considering that she'd at first expressly only claimed a vanilla, unflavored badge distribution thing + her oneshot)
-m

i'm just having a really hard time believing that she looked at her role pm in enough detail to write, like, honestly overdetailed explanations of her [duplicator] role while somehow completely looking over the supposed mechanics of colorful scatter

-m

In retrospect, these two posts feel almost TMI/openwolfy in how strongly they feel like an attempt to help a teammate cover up a questionable claim
you go on to say that this read would implicate tofu but like ... aren't you TRing her ... in that world, this means nothing from blu
also i agree that this save is weird but it looks bad for tofu before it looks bad for blu tbh, don't really understand why you'd vote here based off of that
-m
I was initially TRing Tofu off my VM-would-notice-something-IRL theory which you and VM later told me not to do... so I'm trying not to do that, which leaves me at null-leaning-SR on both Tofu and Blu

I got to the point where I was writing about the Blu/Tofu posts and honestly considered ripping up everything I had written about Blu and writing about Tofu instead, but it was very late and I had already ISO'd several people and come up with nothing and Blu was the first ISO I found something interesting in, and nobody seemed to have any interest in any wagons at all so I went "3am fuck it, might as well finish this rather than start from scratch on ISOing someone else." As I thought I laid down clearly between the lines (but didn't say explicitly bc I was trying to see how Blu would react under pressure), I was less trying to start a wagon on Blu and more trying to stimulate some kind of discussion that might lead to wagons I would feel comfy with (which might or might not include Blu depending on his reaction).

I think it'll be good to analyse just how the voting plays out, bearing this in mind!

ok and now this post is just further entrenching my Blu/Tofu w/w thoughts

Hey sorry, I'm going to try to catch up on the posts today, so I haven't read them other than seeing Jack vote for Blu. I do think for today I want to vote Mr. Ultracool, based on my previous post's reasons and the fact that I want to trust my own reads above any wagons that might come up. I just think UC could be outgroup and have a condition where his death helps mafia, or helps them if they target him, based on his ISO. We're probably going to go kayaking today so I'm sorry if I can't be here to elaborate during the day, but if you are curious, he does mention several times in his ISO wanting to be targeted or killed by mafia, and I think it is/was too early in the game for someone to want to just sacrifice themselves without another motive. I'll try to check in later, but also might be in sleep-land at EOD.
I have gone back and forth on my Ultracool reads over the course of the game, but for various reasons (including some gutreads I prefer not to elaborate on at the moment) I am feeling more town-leaning on him lately. If he is town, then his claimed role is pretty strongly valuable, so I don't really like this vote. Could be town disagreeing with my reads or could be mafia openly trying to get a valuable role yeeted.

i kind of think that if tofu is v here that at least some mafia would have jumped on or agreed with us since it wouldn’t have been a hard thing to go “oh, this clicks” about and place a vote over. instead i can’t shake the feeling that the resistance/thread attempt to move past the topic is indicative of something

-m
Good point.

The preponderance of all of the above things leads me to switch my vote to Tofu, but I do still suspect Blu as well.

hhh I already made the mistake of bussing mewtini once and still think that tofu being mafia doesn't make sense. Like sure, there's been the inconsistencies but does that make her scum for sure?
i know mewt responded to this, but i just wanted to tack on that while we do genuinely believe tofu is w and would prefer to yeet her for that reason above all others, we also think the discussion surrounding her has been pretty weird, and i think there’s a lot to glean from her flip due to that. resolving this just seems like the way to go imo.
-q

ok and now this post is just further entrenching my Blu/Tofu w/w thoughts
i think i understand what you mean, but just in case i don't - can you talk a little more about why?
-m
feels like he is trying to lay groundwork/sow doubts in advance so that when Tofu flips, he will more easily be able to steer wagonomics discussion in an unfruitful direction (or maybe so he won't even need to steer bc others will do that for him!)

Back
Top Bottom