• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

@JackPK , how is "Full Metal Scanner" linked to your flavour? it doesn't seem very typical for an ice-type gym leader
As I have hinted at before, I am not merely Brycen, I am Brycen-Man, star of Pokestar Studios! Therefore my flavor is based entirely on Brycen-Man’s Pokestar Studios appearances and not at all on his Ice-type Gym. Full Metal Scanner is a reference to one of the movies Brycen-Man appears in, Full Metal Cop.

Yikes, that's a lot of dead
@Zero Moment , hi, you've been pretty quiet! what're your thoughts on the causes of the deaths?
Let's see, now. It could be single mafia kill, sk, and vig firing all at once. You also pointed out lovers, could be fishers too. But judging from the night before, which also had multiple deaths, I think the flavor matters. Herbe and Hydrei were killed in two separate matters, but here, the three deaths were clumped up together, with evidence of a big fight. Assuming that none of these kills were from lovers, fishing, and nobody claims one, I'm going to bet they all died from the same source. It's possible it was some sort of scum Granny or Veteran, perhaps even in tandem with a scum redirector—in fact, I'm almost certain there's one of the latter in this game.

@Zero Moment , hi, you've been pretty quiet! what're your thoughts on the causes of the deaths?
Let's see, now. It could be single mafia kill, sk, and vig firing all at once. You also pointed out lovers, could be fishers too. But judging from the night before, which also had multiple deaths, I think the flavor matters. Herbe and Hydrei were killed in two separate matters, but here, the three deaths were clumped up together, with evidence of a big fight. Assuming that none of these kills were from lovers, fishing, and nobody claims one, I'm going to bet they all died from the same source. It's possible it was some sort of scum Granny or Veteran, perhaps even in tandem with a scum redirector—in fact, I'm almost certain there's one of the latter in this game.
VM claimed (in #133 et al) to redirect actions from his target to himself, so most likely that factors into the fracas at least somewhat if not entirely

er-- I could have been more specific with that phrasing. he redirects actions that are aimed at his target, and puts them onto himself

You are IRIS. Your Pokémon of choice is HAXORUS.

10dh27d.png
69f81d.png

"Know what? I really look forward to having serious battles with strong trainers!"

You are Mafia. You win when 50% of all living players are Mafia-aligned, regardless of whether you're alive yourself.

Your power is as follows:
-EARTHQUAKE: You haven't had many chances to let Haxorus really let it rip lately, but these people might just get you a good chance to show its full power! Each Night, you may target and kill a player, and if you successfully do so, no players can be protected against nightkills during the next Night as the aftershocks pound in. Only one mafioso can use their power in a given night.
Somemeow, that Flavor seems to indicate the meowve Earthquake, especially considering that it has apparently appeared in MeowFia games run by MF beforehand. Furthermeowre, it might have something in common with the last effect it had?

VM claimed (in #133 et al) to redirect actions from his target to himself, so most likely that factors into the fracas at least somewhat if not entirely
Hmm, that's a good point, though I'm not sure how well that works with the hypothetical gran/vet. If it was complicated by VM, it's possible that the killerinstead had some kind of Rampage ability—that is, they attack a target and everyone who visits that target.

they attack a target and everyone who visits that target
fwiw this existed in a previous MFia

Zexion was Vivillon, with something of a dual experimental role. I don't remember the proper term for his nightkill power, but it also kills everyone who targets the victim (which, in retrospect, was way broken; there's a reason why this is usually handled as only killing whoever targets the target, and not the target themself)

yeah, i was thinking about town of salem too.
anyway, i wonder if negrek used any of her powers today? don't think we'll really get anything from trying to guess what the cause of death was. only thing we really have to go off of is reads and interactions, so i'll be back with isos later. tbh the fact that no one has really been saying anything is somewhat concerning, though it could also be bc people are busy 👀

Well, I guess the upside is we confirmed that there's some kind of Mafia faction active this game, so we can stop speculating about that, at least. =/

Let's get things moving again!

anyway, i wonder if negrek used any of her powers today?
I did use one of my abilities last night, but it didn't give me any insight into what went on there.

I was also thinking of the possibility that there's a killpower that gets a person plus anyone else who targeted them that night. Though I'm sighing if MF went, "Well, that turned out to be overpowered. Oooh, but why don't I put it in this game..." Would expect it to be locked behind a badge cost at least, which would seem to make it hard to use unless Tofu *was* able to give badges to her scummates, or maybe Zori sent badges to someone on team maf?

I don't think we can get a whole lot out of speculating about this unless someone has more concrete information about what went on last night.

@rari_teh Towards the end of the last day phase you expressed suspicions about Jack and Kokorico. How are you feeling about them now?

@kokorico You speculated yesterday that if Tofu was Mafia, Bluwiikoon likely was as well. How are you feeling about that now?

@JackPK You also expressed suspicion of Bluwiikoon. Have your feelings there changed?

Myuma is hard to mention, but who did you target with your night action last night? Also, can you ask MF what happens if you target someone who already wrote a will a second time? Do they get to write a new one?

@JackPK You also expressed suspicion of Bluwiikoon. Have your feelings there changed?
No change. I'm still not confident about my read, but my read is still that he's more likely mafia than town.

This post from toDay twigs me as weird in particular:

I'm conflicted about saying anything, because on one hand I could still be helpful, but on the other I have a sneaking suspicion that the mafia have figured out what I can do 😰 Scary scary!
If town, Bluwii here is basically just telling the mafia that he "can do" something valuable and thus implicitly that they should kill him, which is kind of bafflingly counterproductive to me. If I read this with hypothetical-mafia!Bluwii in mind, though, it feels like a pretty straightforward attempt to divert scrutiny by trying to appear valuable, but in an ambiguous way (so as to avoid risking a counterclaim?).

-----

Meanwhile, I'm also struggling very hard to not be suspicious of Ultracool again, with the weak-ass excuses he's given for not making a reasonable attempt to get useful Watcher results for two nights in a row now. Still, d1 he did reveal info that was corroborated by others (including VM, who has flipped town), so he must be a legitimate Watcher, so I'm trying to keep that at the forefront of my mind and tamp down my suspicions.

aight, welp, if we're not getting anything from anyone else then I guess I might as well ask that question. Blu, if the mafia have figured out what you can do, can you think of any reason why they might not have chosen to kill you last Night?

@kokorico You speculated yesterday that if Tofu was Mafia, Bluwiikoon likely was as well. How are you feeling about that now?
Objectively, to be honest, very similar. None of the reasons I was doubtful about him are any different from what they were yesterDay, and he hasn't done anything toDay to assuage them. I got a bit turned around earlier and confused myself by theorising about things that might have occurred during the night, but really, Jack has a point - Blu's worrying earlier about whether the mafia might have "figured out" his role doesn't make a great deal of sense for him to say aloud, if true.

It somehow got to 1am again so I'll reply to other points tomorrow.

tbh I'm suspicious of Negrek.

I know you claimed JOAT but I honestly don't see any other way in which rnp was killed since he didn't have a visiting role. and he didn't have enough badges for his other ability. so it's unlikely that rnp was killed on the rampage

also, maybe instead of focusing on how we should focus on why

And I'm thinking that question could be misleading. there's a number of reasons why blu could not have been mafia's target yesterday. I think a better question could be if blu has any information he could reveal without actually outing himself. Do you blu? any reads even if indirect?

Back
Top Bottom