• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bingeworthy TV

I rewatched She-Ra and the Princesses of Power on Netflix recently. The reboot. It’s super good and has lots of good lgbtq+ representation and can touch on some heavy topics at time.

Steven Universe is also a good show to binge watch as well.

Also, Brand New Animal on Netflix! I binge watched it all in not long at all due to it only being 12 episodes long.

I started watching Cobra Kai since I finished pretty much everything I was watching before (except Naruto but that's.. There. Idk, I'm not too into it. Nor Merlin.) Anyway, I really enjoy how the show explors Johnny's side of the story. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, this series is the sequel of Karate Kid. You know, the original series, not the one with Jaden Smith. Well, in the original, as I recall, the protagonist was Danny and we only get to see his side of the story. But this series continues the story 30 years later (with the same actors, which is really cool) and we get to see how their lives went, and their kids and stuff. It's very appealing, and I love movies with redemption, so there's that. And teen drama too.

I keep meaning to watch something new but instead I’m watching The Office for the fifth time in two years
I watched something new! Well, new to me. For the past month, I have been utterly obsessed with BBC's Sherlock. In case I hadn't made my obsession clear enough already, haha...

I'm also semi-actively watching She-Ra and am almost through season 1 - it's nice!

I've been starting to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I have an idea for a fanfiction, but i can't write it until I watch the entire show, all 60 episodes. That way it doesn't diverge from canon.
BUT I WANNA WRITE IT!! :<

Last edited:
good omens and The Good Place are two of my favorites
though this was two years ago I watched TGP a few months ago. It's really good! My favorite show so far. Haven't been able to wath good omens but I know it's good.
Also I watched The Sandman

I started watching Cobra Kai since I finished pretty much everything I was watching before (except Naruto but that's.. There. Idk, I'm not too into it. Nor Merlin.) Anyway, I really enjoy how the show explors Johnny's side of the story. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, this series is the sequel of Karate Kid. You know, the original series, not the one with Jaden Smith. Well, in the original, as I recall, the protagonist was Danny and we only get to see his side of the story. But this series continues the story 30 years later (with the same actors, which is really cool) and we get to see how their lives went, and their kids and stuff. It's very appealing, and I love movies with redemption, so there's that. And teen drama too.
Aha, I knew I didn't have to scroll too far to see Kobra Kai mentioned.
Husband has been binging every season in just one day or two since it came out; same thing happened with season 5 released like what, last Friday? I never cared about the original movie trilogy back then but ended up watching the series because... eh, it was on screen.

I feel like the first season used a bit too much social contrast jokes between the 80s and present era, but they toned down with the "hah! The old days!" humor as the story picked up pace. That said, the fact that Johnny tries to be as abrasive as the classic 80s bully but comes off as a huge dork instead cracks me up, it's like he was hibernated for 30 years and just suddenly woke up in the 2020s xD
Also the actor that plays Daniel just never ages up? At all??? Like he looks just as young as in the movies holy cow

Another one we like to "binge" on (I don't know if it counts though since their episodes get posted weekly) is The Boys. I had it up here with superhero dramas and the Marvel stuff and The Boys' change of tone almost felt like a breath of fresh air.
But let's be honest, we all watch it to see what crazy faces Homelander will do next.

Reactions: Ys_
Oh, yes, that's the gimmick definitely. Hehe, Johnny is a himbo (the fandom's words, not mine xD) and Ralph Macchio is eternally stuck in his twenties lmao. I would recommend at least watching the first movie but if you've gotten this far, then you've probably gotten all you really needed to know from context.

Which, if you're curious, is that Johnny and his friends bullied Daniel because Daniel "tried to steal Johnny's girlfriend" (not really, they had already broken up, so *shrug*) so Daniel learns karate to defend himself and actually wins. Only it turns out Johnny's sensei cared about winning too much and was mean to Johnny so that's where most of Johnny's traumas/problems on CK come from, and besides, he never had a healthy/sane paternal figure as a role model to begin with.

Oh it's okay, I did watch the movies as a kid so I know the general plot and the rivarlies/ who's who now.
By "never cared" I mean I never understood they were a big deal or worthy of recieving a dedicared series later on, so when it was first announced I felt it was yet another low quality product powered by nostalgia.

In the end though, it looks like people involved really care about the product and have good ideas for the episodes, that was a pleasant surprise.

• Grin
Reactions: Ys_
"Don't hug me, I'm scared" recently made a comeback with a new tv series and it's really awesome! Unfortunately, I think it's a bit difficult to watch it outside of the UK, so i havent' seen as much hype around it as it should be getting... Hopefully that will change, though. I just love goofy, surreal horror.

"Don't hug me, I'm scared" recently made a comeback with a new tv series and it's really awesome! Unfortunately, I think it's a bit difficult to watch it outside of the UK, so i havent' seen as much hype around it as it should be getting... Hopefully that will change, though. I just love goofy, surreal horror.
yeah its awesome i just finished it today!!!! had to use a VPN about it though

Back
Top Bottom