• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kai Lucifer
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh, that makes sense as i've been banned from the computer and so i've missed out on this. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. What did Terry get banned for?
    Have a great time in London. Shame the cold weather around here still won't get any warmer. I should know. I live near London and went there recently, what part of London are you going to? The Imperial War Museum is absolutely amazing, and has a new James bond/ Ian Fleming exhibition.
    Hi Kai. Sorry to disturb you and I may sound annoying asking you for advice but you are one of the best spriters here. (I sound like a suck-up) but i'm practising lineless. Could you help? I did one straight off the hook as to show what I think i'm doing,
    Oh yes. It's nice. x3

I'm not really a member but a lurker. I feel like I won't be that active there, so I didn't join. I might though. xD
    Oh, hello Kai.
    I couldn't help but notice you were online, so I just stopped by to say hi. x3
    Hello~
    I finished it. Please check out my new genetics art shop and see the finished picture!
    Hi Kai! I'm making a drawing A Darkarmour's Iron legion of Friends picture, and I wanna out you on it! Should I draw you as your normal signature Kai?
    The brilliance of Broadway is that everything's GAY GAY GAY. Okay, not everything, but most things. Have you seen/heard any of the songs from Rent? It's awesome :)

Ack; I haaaate forgetting to link things >< Here it is, sorry.

I can't speak a word of German; I took French... although I can't speak that very well, either XD
    Yup, I'm fairly sure Boq doesn't make an appearance in the WoO movie; there's just a collective bunch of Munchkins.
    More confusingly, the movie also turned the Good Witch of the North and Glinda, the Good Witch of the East, into the same person, which makes absolutely no sense, since she sends her on the giant, life-threatening mission and then, at the end, says "Oh, BTW you could've clicked your heels and gone home all along, lol" - why not just tell her that right at the beginning, you cruel woman?

Are you suuure you want to know who the Scarecrow is? I don't want to ruin all the story for you~

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Fiyero. He stays a scarecrow, too, since there's no way to reverse the spell. He's killed off in the book of Wicked, and I didn't actually notice till about two chapters after it happened XD

END SPOILER END SPOILER END SPOILER

(damn spoiler tags not working on Visitor Messages ><)

Oh, and here's a vid with What is This Feeling. It's a fan-perfomance with lip-synching to the Original Broadway Recording, so it's technically Idina and Cheno singing X3

Also, have a recording of Popular in German, simply because it's the most hilarious thing ever, especially if you don't know what the English translation is, because the whole thing really looks like a completely crazy rape/seduction attempt. No, really.
    German is such a brilliant language X3
    Hehe; yay~

Basically, the writers of the musical wanted the plot of Wicked to fit in almost perfectly with the plot of the Wizard of Oz movie - where Boq, as far as I know, isn't mentioned, so having a character turn into the Tin Man and have a grudge against Elphaba (who accidentally turned him into tin to stop Nessa stealing his heart) doesn't mess up the movie continuity, but it could never work in the book, given Dorothy meets Boq and then the Tin Man a few days later, who claims he's been rusted to the spot for years.

The Scarecrow continuity doesn't really make a lot of sense, either, in regards to the movie or book version of WoO, but it's all pretty clever.

Guuuh, Defying Gravity is so good~
    I personally love any of the songs Elphaba and/or Galinda sing, so my favourites are For Good (a couple of my friends sung this one at our school leaver's do), Popular (which is girly as hell but so cuuute), The Wizard and I, Thank Goodness, and What is This Feeling? (it's so fun to laugh at the subtext in this one). You should be able to find them (though the quality may be a but dodgy) on Youtube, and try and find tracks ripped from the soundtrack, if you can, because the original cast of Cheno and Idina is so, so good <3

Next time you go to London, bribe, beg and emotionally blackmail your parents into taking you to see it; it's worth it XD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom