• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

sanderidge
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• all this talk about possible worlds in cats mafia is making me think of my semantics class. i did not feel fondly about my semantics class
    • Love
    Reactions: Keldeo
    mewtini
    mewtini
    ##VOTE: morphemes
    sanderidge
    sanderidge
    an implicature is a type of context-sensitive inference which is traditionally analyzed as resulting from the overlap between semantics and pragmatics. implicatures may be cancelled, and do not have to be accepted (meaning S1, the sentence from which implicature S2 derives, does not inherently and necessarily entail S2 in the case of an implicature). implicatures may be cancelled without negating S1. there is not a presupposition trigger associated with implicature in the phrase "if i'm the cop, sanderidge is my n0", because an implicature is not a presupposition, but the phrase "the cop" presupposes the existence of a cop in the game (vs. the phrase"a cop", which provides a listener knowledge with the assumption that there may be a cop, rather than expecting a listener to be familiar with the fact that there is a cop). the phrase also presupposes that the cop was not roleblocked. please help im running out of shitpost material
    • Love
    Reactions: Keldeo
    Keldeo
    Keldeo
    omg no you're so right, it should be "if I'm a cop" to avoid the potentially incorrect presupposition that there's exactly one cop in the game!
    yes!! hype for both computer and interactions with my sand sib :D you'll be (hopefully haha) happy to hear that I started some more work on Revanna again!!! I keep starting and stopping but my god I am going to finish this thing! S-someday!
    sand sibling!!!! I miss you! I... am but I deleted both telegram and discord from my phone so I'm almost never on them anymore haha. it's probably for the best for not getting distracted at work... but! I'm working on building a new computer (still deciding on parts haha) which means it'll be easier for me to actually like want to use the computer in the evenings! :D
    Thank!! It’s been A Bit Of A Time but the people I told have all been super lovely about it!
    It is real and beautiful and I cried so much.

Yeah!!! I figured out I’m nonbinary....like a month ago maybe....? This honestly explains every time I looked at a “my gender is an enigma” post and went “oh mood”
    VMs are super great and should be appreciated more!

I’m doin okay! I beat kingdom hearts 3, wondered what I’m gonna do with my life now, and almost immediately my brain went “hello naughty flora it’s Gender Time” so the last month has been. Interesting.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom