• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

5th Generation Console Game?

Kapton Jack

One of Many Faces
Having played Black through the 5th gym, I seem to be asking if 5th Gen. needs a console game. The massive amount of 3D, amazing story and it's use of cut scenes. So, what do you think?
I think that Pokemon needs to revisit the region of Orre. Spice the game up with a bunch of new graphics and music. Make the PokeSpots have 5ht gen Pokemon. Since it would be a Wii game, then you could connect to the dream world, and transfer to your Black or White version.

That would be intense. If you could encounter (3D) wild Pokemon while traveling through routes, and then if you got too close you would get into a battle, unless the Pokemon's ability was Run Away or something.

I don't care if it takes place in Orre, but personally I found PokéSpots really annoying. If there are going to be wild Pokémon, make them jump out of nowhere when you walk through tall grass, thank you very much.

But yeah, I'd love a story-based console game for the fifth gen.

If they do revisit Orre in any game, what I'd like to know is why all the pokémon went missing and the region became barren in the first place. (It would probably stomp all over my fanfic idea, but still.) I don't think that was ever properly explained. Maybe some fifth-gen pokémon used to be native to it, for example? Granted Isshu is supposed to be /really far away/, but hey, Orre isn't exactly close to the other regions either, iirc... and relatively speaking, Arizona isn't that far from New York, right? :D

Or whatever, I don't know. That's all I can think of for them to do in Orre as of now, save for more "oh noes, Cipher is back again! D:".

I was never really interested in Orre's storyline... Why can't they just make another Pokemon Stadium thing that isn't lame like Battle Revolution was? :[ Would it be that difficult? I miss the minigames and other side-amusements, and not needing to have level 100 stuff on a cartridge if you want to use something besides the shitty preset teams (IIRC in PBR you could only pick preset teams of like, halfway-evolved stuff and it sucked- the Stadium rentals kinda sucked too but at least you got to pick what your team consisted of!)... you could just jump right in and still have fun even if you didn't have an uber-awesome team on your handheld games to import over. The only thing I liked about PBR was having your own trainer thing you could customize, but seeing as battling and earning the points was really annoying, it was really difficult to customize it very much, and that's not even going into how limited the options were to begin with.

tl;dr All the console games have been eh since Stadium 2 and it's like they go out of their way to make them so

Last edited:
If they do revisit Orre in any game, what I'd like to know is why all the pokémon went missing and the region became barren in the first place.

This holds rather interesting potential. Well-written backstory is always quite interesting to experience, and with writing improvements as we have noticed in Black and White one may be quite certain that this potential scenario may be that of a rather lovely one.

As for the aforementioned comments on routes, I am also a supporter of such on the condition of being a region separate from Orre - in my personal opinion, wide expanses of desert, though beautiful in themselves, may become a tad uneventful with a direct lack of wild Pokemon. Unless, of course, this fact is remedied some how.

Everybody is talking about Gen III remakes, are they not? Which generation is Orre from? Yup, III. It would be cool if they simply made it possible to visit Orre. Years after the events of XD. Enough so pokemon are blossoming in my areas. There is enough room on a DS cartridge for two regions. Possibly if they remake Ruby/Sapphire, after the main story, you can visit Orre?
This is a Console discussion, so I shouldn't be talking about DS games though ;n;.
What I would LOVE to see though is not a sequel, but a prequel (Most likely NOT to happen, but would be awesome.)

In response to the above: Orre is...different. I don't see the Pokémon company putting that one in 2D. However, there is a chance there will be a remake or similar. Personally, though, I don't see what more they can do with Orre if they were to make a new one.

I don't even like Orre that much. I would like to see a new Pokemon rpg console game, but I'd rather it not be Orre or shadow Pokemon or Pokespots or anything. I loved the music in Colosseum, though!

I was never really interested in Orre's storyline... Why can't they just make another Pokemon Stadium thing that isn't lame like Battle Revolution was? :[ Would it be that difficult? I miss the minigames and other side-amusements, and not needing to have level 100 stuff on a cartridge if you want to use something besides the shitty preset teams (IIRC in PBR you could only pick preset teams of like, halfway-evolved stuff and it sucked- the Stadium rentals kinda sucked too but at least you got to pick what your team consisted of!)... you could just jump right in and still have fun even if you didn't have an uber-awesome team on your handheld games to import over. The only thing I liked about PBR was having your own trainer thing you could customize, but seeing as battling and earning the points was really annoying, it was really difficult to customize it very much, and that's not even going into how limited the options were to begin with.

tl;dr All the console games have been eh since Stadium 2 and it's like they go out of their way to make them so

^Yes. I miss the Stadium stuff, it was really fun (and really hard)! Online battles were my favorite part of PBR, so having a Stadium-like game for 5th gen with minigames and wifi and stuff would be lovely :D

Back
Top Bottom