• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Abortion

I'd have to disagree with you there. It's not the father's place to say at all. He can have his opinion heard, but it's not his decision to make.

Why? Father's child as much as the mother's. I know that if I had a premature kid, I would want, nay demand, a say in the life of the child.

Mother's body.

Yes, so the mother's opinion will probably be the final decisive factor. But I think that any good father ought to be able to have a say in this; considering they are going to have to raise the child if it survives to see the light of day. Remember that fathers have responsibility towards that child as well should it survive.

If the father is going to be there, then he should have a say in it. Granted, they should probably have talked about it BEFOREHAND, since it really isn't a good idea to have sex, then talk about preparing for kids.

PENIS GOES IN, oh hey what do you think about kids?

Father should definately have a say in it. I know I would want to.
It's not your body. It's not leeching off of you for nine months, making you physically ill and hormonal. You're not going to have to suffer the pain of birth and the many side-effects that come after it.

We men have no right to determine what happens with the woman's body.

Retsu... You are registered as a female. And you said WE men. Also, women have a hormone that makes them forget all of that horrible pregnancy stuff.

Yes, I suppose I am. But men should have some say in the matter, because, it is the man's child too. In most cases, the man runs away from the unwanted child, so it would be better to give the man some choice, rather than have him walk out no matter what.

But men should have some say in the matter, because, it is the man's child too.
If a man wants to keep a baby but a woman does not, you'd force her to keep it anyway?

In most cases, the man runs away from the unwanted child, so it would be better to give the man some choice, rather than have him walk out no matter what.
Men who walk out on their children and wives are definitely the kind of people we should have making decisions like this. Right? Right?

What kind of input? Either the mother wants it or she doesn't. By saying the father needs "input", you are saying that he should be able to reverse the mother's decision and force her to go the route she doesn't want to. There's no other "input" he could have.

If she values his opinion, she will ask for it. Your post makes no sense - you say "the father should have input." Do you mean this in a legal or moral sense?

Okay, women have no right to say "Hey hun I'm preggo I'm gonna go get this leech cut out see ya tomorrow~"

Yeah. Men need a voice in this. And, besides the fact that some girls don't want to baby because of the physical/emotional issues, others abort for financial issues or because they don't want said father leaving the picture. Now I wouldn't force my girl not to abort if that was really her wish, but if there's underlying reasons like those above, I'd move mountains to help her raise that kid.

Hey, it'd be my kid too.

Okay, women have no right to say "Hey hun I'm preggo I'm gonna go get this leech cut out see ya tomorrow~"
Why not? This is no better than the extremist right-wing view that abortion should be outlawed completely.

Now I wouldn't force my girl not to abort if that was really her wish, but if there's underlying reasons like those above, I'd move mountains to help her raise that kid.
That's fantastic, but you're weaseling around my main point. It's ultimately not your decision. If she values your opinion, she'll confront you about this sort of stuff. If she doesn't, too fucking bad, obviously she doesn't value your feelings enough and they wouldn't have made a whole lot difference when it came to her decision in the first place.

It comes down to the fact that the fetus is a woman's leech, and it is up to her - and no one else - to determine what she does about it. The fact that you think we as males have any right to interfere with her choice is disturbing.

Last edited:
Also, women have a hormone that makes them forget all of that horrible pregnancy stuff.

Huh?

tbh, I don't think men should have the final decision about abortion, but it still should be discussed (assuming that the guy doesn't run off) between the couple - because it's not just the woman's responsibility - it's the guy's too. I do think that the woman should have the final say on abortion, but not discussing it at all is just stupid and places all the responsibility on the woman.

Retsu, your argument is silly, because if the child goes through, the father will have to be a parent as well. I've known teenage pregnancy; you really do not want the mother to go through that whole process alone. You really just don't. Fathers are essential during a childbirth process, not only because in the future they will have to share a responsibility, but because during the pregnancy, many changes in lifestyle will take effect, and this also takes its toll on the father. It's two lives that are affected, not one. The mother's takes slight precedence because she is actually carrying the baby physically but to exclude the father from any decision-making at all is not only silly but downright offensive.

Back
Top Bottom