• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

well, the dayblocker basically confirmed vixie and kratos as not mafia, yes?

although that creates more WIFOM. hrml.

Well. That's dramatic.

Yeah, we should definitely get to lynching someone. :/ Anybody got information?

Twenty-two hours for discussion and nomination. (Still 'more or less, probably more', but come on. :()

okay okay okay dammit people participate somehow :/

can I threaten people with pointy sporks?

so! do we go after useless people or something? unless we have some other sort of leads?

"Useless people" is a pretty broad group; most of the players have barely contributed anything, if they've even contributed anything at all. So many people have remained stubbornly silent that they can't all be mafia trying to lie low, but if Midnight's rant is anything to go by then a lot of them could have potentially useful roles and indiscriminate lynching is just risking losing a Gumshoe or someone that could be useful should they decide to pitch in later on.

Let me attempt to narrow this down, for all the good it may or may not do. My modly ring of see invisible tells me that, of the sixteen people who could potentially be participating--well, fifteen if you don't count Vixie--only Espeon and Hidan have not even viewed the thread. I will hazard a guess that they are among the group who did not send in actions. (It's also possible that they don't even know the new thread is up, because I actually didn't receive that notice at the top of the forum saying that day had started.) I'm pretty sure that one of the deaths was the mafia's doing--more likely than healer clash--though, so if they didn't send in actions then they probably aren't Kristoph. (They could still be Wocky, Tigre or Mafia-Ron/Atmey, but I doubt they're an immediate threat.) They might have sent in actions, if they had them, but I would at least advise against lynching them today them unless they come in here and do something stupid.

That leaves Dannichu, Emerald Espeon, Flareth, Leafpool, Mike the Foxhog, NWT, opaltiger, Skylark, Zephyrous Castform and Zora of Termina as people who have viewed but not posted (Vixie has viewed, but again, can't talk). A glance through the previous two days' threads tells me that most of those people have only posted once or twice (Hidan 2, Mike 2, EE 1, opal 1, Flareth 2, Leafpool 2, Zora 1, Skylark 2, Espeon 1, unless someone wants to check my math), and hardly any of those posts contributed anything. Dannichu and Zephyrous Castform have yet to post at all in either thread.

All that said, I don't really know what to do. I need to get to work on something and I won't have much internet time tomorrow before a four-hour class, so I'm probably going to miss the day deadline come three-ish. I'll try and come back with something as soon as I can, because sitting idle on a day with three kills is absolutely idiotic. Those of you who aren't posting because you have "nothing to contribute"--I'd really appreciate it if you'd at least try to participate in the damn game. You need something to think about and really can't be bothered to hunt for anything marginally suspicious on your own? Think about the other players on that list of unhelpful people I was nice enough to hand you, then. If you have anything to say about them, even if it's something small, bring it up! Read over their meager posts and see if anyone strikes you as particularly over/undereager. Hell, read over the posts of the active players. One of you must have at least a thought about someone else.

Last edited:

...nice. Most people haven't even viewed the thread again since I posted, so they don't even know I yelled at them. That's helpful. :/ (Those who did view, WHY DO YOU NOT RESPOND TO MY PROVOCATION. ARGH.) I don't have a lot of time and I was hoping to have something to go on when I checked in, but... meh.

Part of me wants to nominate Danni and Castform for failing to contribute at all, but I have a gut feeling about Mike the Foxhog so bah, my vote goes there. I don't like relying on gut votes and it's not like Mike can "defend" himself against it if he happens to come on again; if he wants to give off a less suspicious vibe he can start by attempting to contribute, though! (Not that I'll have time to withdraw my nomination because of the aforementioned long class spanning the end of the day phase, but if someone else is nominated and it goes to poll then at least I will be less inclined to vote for him!)

You guys suck D:

ETA: okay I can attempt to get on during break and respond to anything I need to/withdraw nomination/etc., though I make no promises and still won't have a lot of time. Not that I actually expect anyone else to even post because you all suck.

Last edited:

Butterfree's doing that thing where she posts very non-committal things that don't particularly help anyone:

Well. That's dramatic.

Yeah, we should definitely get to lynching someone. :/ Anybody got information?

In my experience that means she's mafia, though I suppose she was more helpful on days one and two.

Secondly, sreservoir, seriously, if you're innocent stop being so damn cryptic. It doesn't help anyone. I would accuse you on account of that but I know you always do it, so that wouldn't be very helpful. Just stop, it's bloody annoying.

baaaah apparently paying attention is as important a skill for mafia as thinking and i am good at neither

Um. Yeah I still have nothing useful to say so unless this post somehow makes you go all OR IS THAT JUST WHAT HE WANTS US TO DO and I'm accidently quite sneaky you probably should all go ahead and vote for me. Whoo.

Sorry! Just, y'know, this being my first (proper) game of Mafia I haven't been sure thus far whom to suspect and, indeed, what to deduce in general. Although I assume that my posting right after being, erm, told to post might arouse even more suspicion so I'm sort of putting myself on the line here (And I doubt saying that is making my hole any shallower either.)

In other words, what Mike said.

HOWEVER-- No wait, I can't even remember what I was even going to say here. Um.

I'm really, really sorry I haven't been participating 100%. In actuality, I've been really busy with some work experience. I've been getting up at 5am every morning to work on a buffalo herd and haven't physically been able to get near a computer easily enough to post for the majority of the discussion of this game. I don't have much to suggest as again, I haven't had the time to really mull anything over however, I'll post what I think anyway.

By all means I am incredibly happy to lynch someone and will back anyone if they provide a convincing enough argument. My work experience finishes after Friday, so I should be able to participate properly after that. Sorry for my seeming absence. (Anyone playing Buffy Mafia would also notice the lack of deadlines kept).

Dannichu has not said a word this game, but I think she's just abandoned some mafia games. (Again, she's not been replying to my Buffy Mafia either). It's completely baffling, in my mind.

Is there a possibility that the lovers (Alita Tiala + partner) died last night?

Is there a possibility that the lovers (Alita Tiala + partner) died last night?

I can't think of many other ways to account for three deaths. Must have been some combination of Mafia kill and healer clash and/or Lover death and/or Klavier/Apollo revengekill.

twenty-five minute break go go go

I understand that people are busy, so it's one thing if you really can't post, although it does sort of help to at least inform people of anticipated busytime when you're signing up and all so these misunderstandings don't keep happening.

And if you really can't think of anything to say... well, I dunno, I guess new people might have trouble knowing what to look for. Bah. It is at least helpful to give some indication that you're trying, though, so that we know you're attempting to put effort toward helping the town as opposed to more or less giving up. Mafia is a game of player analysis, and, well, no one can analyze anything if there are no posts to analyze. People not posting at all because there's nothing to go on only creates more "nothing to go on" and it spirals from there.

Mike's earlier comment has actually killed the gut feeling somewhat, though. Not necessarily just because "oh god but what if he's fine with the lynch because DIEGO", but because I'd think an actual mafia member wouldn't accept that so easily and would either get defensive or start trying too hard to seem extra-extra-helpful the minute they appeared to be heading for the chopping block. That in mind I think I will withdraw my nomination of Mike for the time being; I'm still cool with Danni in that case. Has apparently abandoned the game + has given no other indication of being unhelpful innocent, so.

See how much more interesting the game is when people participate? I laid down a few thoughts and observations--none of them were even concrete "suspicions", you'll notice--and then a little discussion happened that I figure helps point toward another likely innocent. Not every post has to be accusatory, you guys, so just bring up anything that caught your eye for any reason if the game is stagnating, k? It's really not as hard as it seems.

and now twenty-five minutes are up and I must flee!

I'm informed there are only ten minutes remaining, so I'll nominate Butterfree, if only to prevent Dannichu from being automatically lynched.

Okey-dokey, poll is being up. Twenty-four hours to vote~~! (and you only get a 'no lynch' option if someone bolds for one, ftr.)

if I may, I was planning to come back and post after school (since I saw Kratos' first post this morning while getting ready), but I only got on the computer for the first time since then just now and there's already a poll up. :V

Oh, what.

opal, I realize why you suspect me (I've been thinking "oh, God, I'm being way suspicious" the whole game), but I am Elise; you don't want to kill me. I've been trying not to draw mafia attention, but I guess that's not exactly a top priority anymore.

I haven't found out much of interest so far, though I can confirm that Diego is not active; it is safe to lynch. I don't know if Dannichu is mafia, but knowing at least that she is not Elise, and that if she is innocent she doesn't seem to be participating, it is probably wiser to go for her than for me.

Feel free to inspect me tonight if you need confirmation or whatever.

I don't see why I bother, I guess.

Fine, discussion is open during the voting phase, whatevers.

eta WHATEVERS, POLLS SUCK um idrk but if you want to change your vote you can. I'm uh. not sure how to go about this now. but. after this no more physical polls whatever.

You could have just asked one of us to lock the thread! Or threadminned yourself and locked it! (Even though people really ought to know better by now...)

Also, it's possible to edit poll options and for gmods to edit votes (obviously you wouldn't want those of us who are playing to do it, buuuut ask Alraune or something?), so I'm not sure exactly what the problem with changing the poll in the previous thread was...? WE CAN TALK THROUGH THIS, IT'S OKAY

RE: Butterfree's roleclaim. Well. If she's telling the truth then that's heartening, because it means the no-kill the other day was due to vanishment, roleblock or lucky doctors. I actually haven't voted yet and I still need to think carefully about whether I'm willing to believe her, though (know how else she could know whether or not Diego was inactive? if she were Diego and were trying to keep from being lynched early! or she could just be lying in general). Uh and I should probably be paying attention to class right now so I will attempt to remember what else I wanted to say later.

Oh, what. D: If you're going to vote for me after I claim, at least say something!

(to the person who's voted since I posted, not Kratos)

Also, why would I tell you it's safe to lynch if I were Diego?

Back
Top Bottom