• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Actual Vanilla Mafia [Night Zero]

Unfortunately, feelings really don't do much in the kinds of mafia where you don't see your opponents face-to-face.

But even if we don't have any leads, we at least think we know the causes of both of the deaths last night, right? According to VM, DarkAura was a fishing bro, so we can probably assume that DA was the mafia target and ILS got caught by complete accident.

So then if we know DA was a fishing bro, that means she wasn't inspector and also wasn't doctor. Statistically, it's not too likely that ILS was either of those either, so we can probably assume we still have our inspector and our doctor.

But do we have any leads here, then?

so VM, was there a specific reason to target ILS or was it just random selection?

Also I forgetm were you allowed to communicate? Did you have a system of picking targets?

Being incredibly overeager to kill someone in particular on day one doesn't seem very mafia to me; it just draws attention to you and is sure to draw even more if you do manage to get a bandwagon going. I guess if you were a really bad mafia, maybe, but.

I would be suspicious of VM's fishing brothers claim, since it's exactly the sort of innocuous thing that would be handy to claim if you're mafia, but presumably the real fishing brothers would have spoken up by this point unless DarkAura and ILS had been them, and in this setup there would be no way for the mafia to know if both fishing brothers had somehow gotten themselves killed, so that seems extremely unlikely. Confirmed innocents are always nice!

Light is being so excessively trolly that I'm almost getting alien vibes, but in this setup as far as I can tell it would be flat-out impossible for an alien to be activated at this point. So I have no idea.

(In this post, Butterfree's intuitions being demonstrably wrong!)

*smites Light*

Extending phase an additional 24 hours. Use it wisely.

(Please note that I run that a lynch happens on a MAJORITY VOTE.)

So does that mean we're abstaining? I don't want to be the one to push the bandwagon.

Although Light doesn't look too suspicious to me, partly because he hasn't said much and partly because this is how he always acts, right? And Maji is still new and all, and I'm having trouble believing that she could be mafia either.

I would be suspicious of VM's fishing brothers claim, since it's exactly the sort of innocuous thing that would be handy to claim if you're mafia, but presumably the real fishing brothers would have spoken up by this point unless DarkAura and ILS had been them, and in this setup there would be no way for the mafia to know if both fishing brothers had somehow gotten themselves killed, so that seems extremely unlikely. Confirmed innocents are always nice!

If you look at it, though, the whole fishing brothers thing seems like the only way two deaths could have happened in one night. There are 11 players, so given Phantom's original role list there's only two vanilla townies. I think it's unlikely that a vigilante or another healer was added to the game, which leaves the mafia and the fishing bros. as the only nightkilling roles. Unless one of the Mafia's victims was a fishing bro, it wouldn't be possible for there to be two deaths in one night, unless my reasoning is completely off.

Thus, I don't see any reason VM's claim should be doubted, considering no one else has claimed fishing bro and that's the only thing that could have happened last night. Unless VM has reasoned that out also and is actually a mafia claiming fishing bro, and for some reason the real fishing bro hasn't acted yet, but I don't see that as likely.

YOU HIT LIKE A PHANTOM

I could explain my reason for harassing Phantom, but I think it would only complicate things. Phantom knows why (or should), and that's all I really care about.

Light is dead. Inncocent Modkill.

Light was having a temper tantrum because he got a vanilla roll. I won't deal with this immaturity.

Also if he deadposts I will report him. It is against the guidelines at the beginning of the thread and against rules in general. If you have issues take them up me out of thread or when the game is over.

Well that uh... thins the ranks again. Down three innocent in one day. That leaves 2+1 mafia and 5 innocent.

Does terrorist count as mafia when determining when the mafia outnumbers town?

Back
Top Bottom