• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

AniChoice Mafia [MAFIA WIN]

Re: AniChoice Mafia [DAY 2]

Yea, L is a cop in Death Note but he is also the antagonist... so.. any other plans?

Anyone got any better ideas? I'm generally against inactivelynching

Re: AniChoice Mafia [DAY 1]

Updated list of everyone's characters.

1. Rizadon - Zoey from Mew Mew Power
  2. KR-9 - Silver from Pokémon Adventures - Mafia
  3. Sizz-Lorr - Sanji from One Piece - Innocent
  4. Flower Doll - Karin Hanazono from Kamichama Karin
  5. Squirrel - Alice from Pandora Hearts or Nami from One Piece - unable to play
  6. Silver - Momiji Sohma from Fruits Basket
  7. Legendaryseeker99 - Mitsukuni "Honey" Haninozuka from Ouran High School Host Club
  8. Mai - Stocking from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
  9. Zapi - Excalibur from Soul Eater
  10. Phantom - Goku from Dragon Ball Z
  11. Coroxn - L Lawliet from Death Note
  12. Wargle - Hidan from Naruto
  13. Seritinajii - Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Since Silver (who is the rival in the Johto saga I believe? Not too familiar with Pokémon Special/Adventures) was mafia, this could mean that other antagonists/anti-heroes are also mafia. The only antagonist I know of on here is L, but from what I know about Death Note, whether L is actually considered evil depends on your opinion.

And no, we don't have to lynch. We can only abstain three times over the course of the mafia game, however. *actually looked at the sign-up thread*

First off, L is not the antagonist. Light is the guy who's killing people, L is stopping him, ergo, L is the protagonist. The whole show is Blue-And-Orange morality, anyhow. Oh, and L is not a cop, he's a detective with no links to the police whatsoever. And I can tell you now his role in this game is nothing to do with his role in the show.

I was going to just lynch the most popular candidate, but since that's me...I say Lynch Phantom. Yeah, just cause I'm petty. And also because I believe all the main characters are Mafia. Which almost points to me, but not quite., because L is a secondary character.

Last edited:

Protagonist and antagonist aren't *exactly* good guy and bad guy. The protagonist is the main character of a work. Now, I won't claim to know about Death Note but just because L is a cop doesn't mean he's the protagonist. Like in Invader Zim (first example I thought of, sue me :P), Zim is the protagonist because he's the main character.

Zim is also an alien who's trying to conquer the human race. He steals the organs of several people, turns Dib into meat (and himself, indirectly) attempts to destroy Dib through time travel and makes a mutated hamster rampage around the city. Despite this, he is still the protagonist because he's the main character.

Dib, however, is the antagonist even though he's just trying to turn Zim in to the authorities and save Earth. Because he opposes the protagonist, Zim.

While I suppose this is more an argument of semantics than anything (still know nothing about Death Note), I'm going to cast out another vote for Coroxn. Glace never said the antagonists weren't mafia, just villains. Give us a reason to vote otherwise, and I'll change it.

[Also, if you wanted to vote Phantom you should've bolded it.]

Last edited:

I don't know much about Death Note either, but I do know that Light is the protagonist because he's the main character, even though he goes insane with power. L is the antagonist even though he's generally thought of as the 'good guy'.

I really hate lynching someone just because they're an antagonist, though. I'm going to wait to here Coroxn's reasoning.

I think lynching someone who's character is a villain because they might be Mafia is stupid.
I'm not going to participate in lynching KR-9 unless we can get something to be suspicious of other than a villainous character.

Last edited:

(Thanks Mai).
Okay than, L is the antagonist in Death Note.
Still, does that mean he's Mafia?
I'm telling you now, it doesn't.

Silver was a main character in the Manga adaption, correct? He's a protagonist. So I'm in the clear, if we're going to play like that. I don't know much about the other Anime, but I know Goku is a main character, so I say we lynch Phantom (do I have to bold it if I'm just reiterating my point?) just to see if that theory is correct. If I'm right and he is mafia, then we just target protagonists. I don't really see the logical reasoning behind lynching me. I mean, L spent a movie bringing down a mafia. Not much use here, of course, but I'm just asking, why me?

Why lynch me? I said to lynch RK-9! I vote Coroxn. It makes no sense to vote me. I think I've proven myself...

Here's my reason for voting you.

Not because you're L. Because you're acting suspicious. Why vote me when I just started the bandwagon to lynch a mafia and was right? Because you're mafia and think I am a danger to the mafia. I say we lynch you.

I'm actually an inspector. Which I think is weird for Goku but whatever. I inspected RK-9 and got back mafia. That whole evil character thing was a ruse, but now that I'm out I would like heals from any doctor please. I say lynch Coroxn and inspect me if you really feel like it.

... I don't get how Goku is an inspector at all, but. Who'd you investigate tonight?

Now, Coroxn, if every protagonist was a Mafia member, I'd be a Mafia member. And I'm not a Mafia member. Hell, I can prove that (In case you wanna inspect me to do so, Phantom, don't bother; I have my methods).

Yes, Silver's a protagonist. However, he's a protagonist with a hell of a good reason to be a Mafia member. Keep in mind that Silver was a thief, stealing the Totodile at Elm's lab (not spoilered because come on, it's obvious). Keep in mind that
he was kidnapped and raised by the head of Neo Team Rocket, and most of those who had been kidnapped as well (with the exception of Green) were eventually brainwashed to do his bidding.
Keep in mind that
Silver is Giovanni's kid.
In an alternate universe, or if he weren't GSC's rival, Silver probably would've become an antagonist in the manga.

Thus, Silver has a billion reasons to be Mafia.

Name one reason why Goku would be Mafia.

...if you're having trouble, you might want to rework your theory.

Voting Coroxn for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom