• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

@Bluwiikoon would your role tell the person that you took them on a tour, or just that they were taken on a tour?
All I was told is that "players are notified that they've been taken on am island tour". I assume they wouldn't specifically know it was me, especially since MP7 didn't seem to have any predispositions against suspecting me.

Imma nap for a while, just uhhhh telepathically shout really loudly if you need me 😄

Also I left my sticks in the oven but it's fine

tierlist I guess. as promised to keldeif. as usual, loosely ordered within tiers. enjoy

chicken god
kokorico

scallop
Trebek - tOwNy MiNdMeLd! I don't want to overlook the fact that we were also kind of mindmelding in tarot, when he flipped scum, but he has been providing some nice reasoning which I can follow and agree with. Also his playstyle is definitely showing signs of wanting to be more active and not just going with the flow, which is what he said he was going to be trying to do.
bbt's Huskeldeo - impossible not to TR the eifmemery tbh. sorry im sorry im trying to delyeet it. Also seems to be doing some decent Keldeoish solvery, which is well within their townrange, especially pointing out the thing about the sensicalness of strykenix knowing he was roleblocked. However, I'm conscious that they are probably the strongest player here, so this is perhaps the entry most likely to change position depending on new information.

froggy chair
Redstrykephoenix - I still don't really get wtf is going on with his claim or lack thereof, but he at least doesn't seem to be actively obstructing town, which is good I guess? and certainly better than I feared.
tbh² - reserving judgement for a bit, but overall liking her thoughts and relaxitudiness. also her cluelessness about AC:NH in general seems like non-TMI
Bluwiikoon - Nudged slightly down because of his claim, which seems a bit odd for the reasons I gave and IMO wasn't a good idea at all if he is town, but I'm still inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. (However, all this sketchy follow-up isn't helping him out of the hole he's dug himself into, and may push me the other way before EoD.)

manila clam
JackPK - Has been kind of a nonentity, like keifeo pointed out. And having now made this list I'm realising there aren't really quite as many people as I thought who fall into the same category. At the same time, I super empathise with feeling lost in the early phases when there isn't much mechstuff to work with. So. circular thoughts, head gridlocked
Mawile - another vague absentee tbh. more active than Jack, but not really any more readable imo. let's come back to this later
IndigoEmmy - presumably not got her laptop back yet? I forget the details
M Plus 7 - I have never had a great idea of how to read her, so this is more of a "nothing to say". I found her sudden push on Blu odd when it happened, since at the time I was townreading him, but in light of recent events I'm happy to assume for the moment that she was genuinely just picking up on something that seemed off.

coconut
Mist1422 - keeps saying she'll say something, and then not. c'mon mist give us something to work with
Von Fu - Not loving their insistence on going on and on about how nobody should be reading anything into their fake scumslip because it was just memery, even though the whole point is that meming about being scum can be AI as a form of WIFOM. This has been explained at least once inthread and tbqh it's starting to seem like wilful misinterpretation/defeating strawmen. (The thing of talking about Blu's mention of Pietro as if it were a jester soft, which happened while I was typing this, is another good example of that, I think)

Just poppin in for one sec to claim. Cops will read me as mafia but i'm actually a vannilla townie. Bye!
on the one hand, sure, this is how I would play miller

on the other hand, where on earth did emmy learn how to play miller

alrighty, i just woke up but noticed some things i need to respond to!

btw @Trebek how are you planning to approach this game?

i guess the best way to describe this is that i wasn’t lying about wanting to change my playstyle in tarot, even tho i happened to flip red that game. i think that approach-wise, i’m trying to use this game as a continuation of tarot as far as improving my confidence as far as making reads and making my own vote decisions go, if that helps? i just want to make sure there isn’t the huge rift in communication about my process like there was in snom 😅

@Trebek re: your 432, I happen to know that Eifie probs wouldn't bring that up as a wolf but can you talk me through why you were townreading us so much for that question, like what exactly about it rules out pretending to be genuine/solvy?

i think it was just something about how it got brought up and the exact level of effort that went into it? like, i can see three likely ways a wolf would approach that scenario, which would be a) ignore it entirely, b) bring it up and hard push on it immediately, or c) bring it up once and then move on

i guess something about it just felt right to me, which is a feeling that ended up being confirmed, at least for me, by the interactions with mp7 last night

Just poppin in for one sec to claim. Cops will read me as mafia but i'm actually a vannilla townie. Bye!
on the one hand, sure, this is how I would play miller

on the other hand, where on earth did emmy learn how to play miller
i mean, it’s like the first line of information under Play Advice if you look up the role, so i’m probably not going to worry too hard about where she figured it out if it’s actually the case

not only is there no flavor that even comes close to that, i just don't believe you
I don't know about the flavour - from the roles so far it seems like Herbe decided on the mechanical details of the setup first, and only then came up with flavour to assign to each one.

i mean, it’s like the first line of information under Play Advice if you look up the role, so i’m probably not going to worry too hard about where she figured it out if it’s actually the case
That requires her to know what the role is called, which... if she did, why didn't she just say it when claiming?

Back
Top Bottom