• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

Bluwiikoon (3) (tbh^2 #605, von fu #622, m plus 7 #600)
Von Fu (3) (IndigoEmmy #1005, kokorico #1002, trebek #800)
M Plus 7 (1) (JackPK #813)
JackPK (1) (bbt's Huskeldeo #401)
Emmy (1) (Redstrykephoenix #894)

+ 2 nonvoters in the form of me and Blu right now
(i wanna hear from m+7 before voting tbh)

i can't count, it's 3 nonvoters: me, Blu, Mist

Hey tbh and Trebek, what do you think of MP's big post or push on Blu as it relates to her alignment? I feel like I townread it due to knowing things about how she works as town / how she approaches mafia so I'm curious to know what you think without as much of that knowledge.
i am biased because she literally did completely mindmeld with me, but that notwithstanding i think it reads similarly to her restlessness in snom (like finding a lead and unraveling it) and not the sort of ... comparatively aimless detectivework from cats

I appreciate it, but I would be hesitant to town read me because I'm different than Cats... my wolf range is much better than that.

Oh also I think Eifie wants to set you on fire MP, but it's okay I disagree and she's not here. 😈

I don't know why I still feel positive about him, everything he says is just making the case against him stronger and stronger
Can you try to explain this to me?

Ahhh! I thought I'd have more time. I'll be here ASAP.
Hey! Did you learn that you were taken on an island tour last night?
I did actually! What does that mean?
Okay cool. It confirms a claim Blu made. Would be interested in getting more of your thoughts on him after catching up.
I was actually thinking while away that maybe I was too hard on him. I still think he acted suspiciously but it's absolutely plausible he's a town PR.

granted i realize there were time limitations in cats, but i think there was a different amount of ... WIM, i guess? like i very vividly remember her going "i can't sleep, i have to figure out koko/trebek" in a way that i don't think she was tonally approaching in cats. even if she had had the capacity to

-m
wait im smooth braining what does WIM mean

It's me basically.

I'm only half-kidding.

my issue with this is it doesn't work the other way round

like, if someone knows my real phone number (like, oh, all of my family and many of my professional contacts) they can see every group I'm in and everything I've posted publicly
oh god. i had no idea. this is scary tbh
Oh, I stand corrected, the "conspiracy theorist website" is actually mafia-related, the title just confused me for a sec: https://mafiagg.fandom.com/wiki/IlluminatiLizard_and_Meteornate's_guide_to_playing_as_Mafia
illuminatilizard. lmfao
- rari

we're tending to discuss reads more in the chat than here, which can have... unideal effects sometimes. if you have questions about our progression on blu, feel free to ask away.
not quite what you said, but I am interested in your read on VF if any
lol i just saw this. hh, the memeing (around 61/etc) was pretty NAI to us but i think the progression on blu was ... questionable? in 622 vf agrees that their joke was 'obvious' and that blu's reactions seemed more forced than normal, votes him, and then turns back around in 651 with what sounds like a walkback (pointing out that there were reads made off of others' reactions to vm's joke in tvtropes) and partial blu defense

rari's/my postgame cred read is vf/blu w/w off of those two interactions. though blu v could be compatible with vf w just fine

i can't count, it's 3 nonvoters: me, Blu, Mist
it's really jarring me how much smaller this game is than the past few (barring snom which I didn't watch that closely)

9 votes being nearly everybody is incredibly bizarre

i agree that it's conceivable that he's villa and got unlucky/stressed but i think that it feels a bit off from cats or snom, to the point of like ... atm i feel like the steps i take to read blu as villa take me out of expected meta right now, and in a vacuum where i don't know his playstyle i still think he's looking the worst so far (in which case the VT soft/ranged flavor talk/PR spec is harder for me to forgive)
Could you go more into depth about this?

Oh also also

I kind of feel like when all the VTs in Snom Mafia were talking about the secret password club thing and I read the posts in question like three times and couldn't figure out at all what was being danced around
I'm really sorry, I'm trying. I'm going to have to be a dog with a bone for a bit here.

Let me think about another way to explain it.
Apology Reads: MP7 doesn't apologize to me if she's mafia and doesn't actually want me to understand...?!

I'm torn between loving this because you really understand my brain and getting paranoid of you having TMI, lmao.

I have read nothing since I went to sleep and probably won't be back for a couple hours but here are Eifie thoughts (which are not random crap Eifie no bad labels!!):

She strongly opposes "this would happen in scum chat instead of itt" reads on principle, which I think refers to tbh's read on RSP

She thinks everyone jumping on Blu is "tf" and "idgi" and like, one of those pushes for NAI reasons like ~hypocrisy~ and ~self-contradiction~ (I guess I could see this, though lol wagon velocity reads.)

She thinks MP just came in and tried to bury Blu for ??? reasons, she doesn't buy that after the 9er where I mostly styled on MP she'd just call me town so easily, and thinks she's trying to pocket me (and I acknowledge I'm uniquely susceptible to being pocketed by MP's tone and that's why I asked MP about her read on me.) I assume she read the reasons I dashed off about liking MP last night so I'm not sure if this is her not knowing MP as well and not seeing it, or her distance from MP / the game allowing her to see things more clearly.

Her "postgame cred" read is Jack/MP w/w, presumably because Jack had TMI on the fact that MP was burying Blu for spurious reasons so those reasons looked more spurious to him, although originally she said Jack was maybe good for pointing that fact out but no one wants to go for MP anyway.

She has no interest in taking questions, and I have no interest in strongarming her into taking them given that she isn't supposed to be playing this game.

I would love to talk to bbt about the Blu stuff and try to explain it better if she doesn't understand it.

Could you go more into depth about this?
blu's reaction to your counterclaim in endgame cats elicited a very different kind of stress than what he's displaying here imo. the like, defensiveness and emphasis on "i am ready/prepared to fullclaim!" feel kind of "look at me i'm so town" in a way that wasn't there before i think?

granted that's partially because the cc in cats was like. a Grand Betrayal. but aside from that i think he reached a solviness in cats (and particularly in snom) that he isn't here, and maybe that's an unfair comparison bc it's d1, but
-m

Back
Top Bottom