• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

The way I see it, I'm probably gonna get shanked tonight regardless because I have a confirmed power so I'm just like... I dunno! ^^; Maybe one more person can experience a relaxing island tour

...if this ends up being another game where maf keeps me alive just to be a scapegoat for suspicion I'm gonna be so 😠

holy fuck guys y'all like doubled the size of the thread while I was afk

it is 3:45 am and I frankly don't have the energy to closely read anything but I have skimmed

blu seems most plausible to me as a first-time power role nervous about first-timing, and I think the post folks are claiming is softing vanilla could ambiguously be interpreted as either softing vanilla ("oh, what are the odds" sarcastically) or softing non-vanilla ("oh, what are the odds" earnestly)

I don't like how blu got pounced on so fast over what I see as nothing, so voting M Plus 7 for now

going to sleep now see y'all in 10 hours or so zzzzzzz

So you're voting me because you disagree with me, or...? I'll need you to talk to me about this some more so I can better understand your thought process if you don't mind.

there's no flour in AC lmao
why you have to be mad :(
well it's the worst wordplay in the game so far, and that's a pretty low bar
nah

@Keldeo explain.
Ohh I think I get what this post means now btw. (my bets were on it being about baking or gardening lol.)

I believe what Eifie meant was it's not wordplay - because there is no flour in AC there are no "millers", so the "outsider" role name isn't AI: it was either put in the game to be thematic or fakeclaimed on purpose to be thematic.

I personally don't think Emmy's claim is at all falsifiable, which. :|.

if mp7 comes in later and clears you then i'll change my vote but until then i am pretty confident you are mafia
VM, could you walk me through your thought process here? I think I agree with kokorico that Blu probably expects MP7 to confirm this regardless of Blu's alignment / probably wouldn't claim something so easily falsifiable?
it'd be a bit hard to walk through that thought process without claiming tbh

The way I see it, I'm probably gonna get shanked tonight regardless because I have a confirmed power so I'm just like... I dunno! ^^; Maybe one more person can experience a relaxing island tour

...if this ends up being another game where maf keeps me alive just to be a scapegoat for suspicion I'm gonna be so 😠
If you had complete control over today's result, who would you want to yeet?

if mp7 comes in later and clears you then i'll change my vote but until then i am pretty confident you are mafia
VM, could you walk me through your thought process here? I think I agree with kokorico that Blu probably expects MP7 to confirm this regardless of Blu's alignment / probably wouldn't claim something so easily falsifiable?
it'd be a bit hard to walk through that thought process without claiming tbh
Uhhhh okay. Don't claim.

Von Fu (3) (IndigoEmmy #1005, kokorico #1002, trebek #800)
Bluwiikoon (2) (tbh^2 #605, m plus 7 #600)
M Plus 7 (1) (JackPK #813)
JackPK (1) (bbt's Huskeldeo #401)
Emmy (1) (Redstrykephoenix #894)

nonvoters: Mawile, Blu, Mist, Von Fu
placing my vote on Bluwiikoon now to balance the wagons for my aforementioned datagathering purposes, although I'm not strongly convinced in any direction

I kinda feel like [randomly selected one of the current wagons]/[randomly selected person who isn't currently a wagon] has a better chance of hitting at least one wolf than Von/Blu does? but this is a gut feeling, I don't have any logic behind it

ok, something came up, I have very little time to reply to stuff and will probably not be back before eod, sorry

couple of things in response to questions

So I don't know anything about this game, would any flavors or Orville specifically be alignment indicative?
nope, not in the slightest, sorry

Why does being clueless about the flavor make tbh more towny? Or is there something specific you're referring to there that I'm just not thinking of right now? I think I agree with your read in general, though.
I was thinking that at least one person in scumchat is likely to have played ACNH, and so lack of knowledge about ACNH is a weak indicator that one has not been receiving that person's wisdom

I concede it's not a great read, I think I'll look over raritini's iso before next round

I'm not sure I agree with your thought on VF here, I'm having some trouble seeing how the memeing and their follow-up wouldn't be like, approximately how they'd act as either alignment? Could you try and explain some more?
certainly I can see that the "fake scumslip" might well be done by either town or mafia, but they would be doing it for different reasons: town to blow off steam / lighten the mood, scum to create illusion that the tactic is "too dangerous" for scum

it's not that I think the meme itself is AI (like I said, more people made the same joke than any realistic size of the scumteam), it's that they tried to shut down any mention of it as "just a joke" instead of actually accepting it as a thing worthy of discussion

then later on they did something similar with taking blu's mention of jesters, which obviously was meant as a joke (bc why would a jester claim?) and treating it as remotely serious

I wouldn't say I'm wedded to this as an idea but I would rather see them yeeted rn than Emmy or Blu

I do want to try to sell you and Eif on MP being town because I definitely felt something last night, but I don't think that's super relevant/useful just at this moment. Also just for the record, the one who pointed out that about RSP was Eifie, not me (also tyty for calling us strong hehe.)
agreed not super relevant, let's return to this toMorrow

Can you try to explain this to me?
we're tending to discuss reads more in the chat than here, which can have... unideal effects sometimes. if you have questions about our progression on blu, feel free to ask away.
not quite what you said, but I am interested in your read on VF if any
lol i just saw this. hh, the memeing (around 61/etc) was pretty NAI to us but i think the progression on blu was ... questionable? in 622 vf agrees that their joke was 'obvious' and that blu's reactions seemed more forced than normal, votes him, and then turns back around in 651 with what sounds like a walkback (pointing out that there were reads made off of others' reactions to vm's joke in tvtropes) and partial blu defense

rari's/my postgame cred read is vf/blu w/w off of those two interactions. though blu v could be compatible with vf w just fine
honestly do not have time to reply to this, sorry

let's talk more toMorrow

I kinda feel like [randomly selected one of the current wagons]/[randomly selected person who isn't currently a wagon] has a better chance of hitting at least one wolf than Von/Blu does? but this is a gut feeling, I don't have any logic behind it
How does your read on Blu (if any) interact with your read on MP?

What do you think of Blu's claim?

holy fuck guys y'all like doubled the size of the thread while I was afk

it is 3:45 am and I frankly don't have the energy to closely read anything but I have skimmed

blu seems most plausible to me as a first-time power role nervous about first-timing, and I think the post folks are claiming is softing vanilla could ambiguously be interpreted as either softing vanilla ("oh, what are the odds" sarcastically) or softing non-vanilla ("oh, what are the odds" earnestly)

I don't like how blu got pounced on so fast over what I see as nothing, so voting M Plus 7 for now

going to sleep now see y'all in 10 hours or so zzzzzzz

So you're voting me because you disagree with me, or...? I'll need you to talk to me about this some more so I can better understand your thought process if you don't mind.
I was initially reading your push against blu as not well founded and quite possibly scum making a mountain out of a molehill in order to make a townie look bad and whip up a wagon against them

since you have backed off since then (and prob my headache is contributing to this), I am feeling less convinced in that read and both of y'all are more null to me

If you had complete control over today's result, who would you want to yeet?
Fam I really don't know x___x People really don't like my uneasy vibes about Von Fu, but I don't have much else to really go on? I also feel sad/uneasy about tbhtbh because like... I'm not sure if I'm actually playing differently, or if I'm being led to think that way so I get more nervous. My brain is a bit of a muddle!

Back
Top Bottom