• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

but in that scenario i think you would be greatly advantaged by waiting to be able to edit your own claim as well
so now i am back to square one
-m

yeah, i’m trying to balance between not giving away too much information while still being honest about my role, so i guess what i will say is that

i currently have some information about someone who has not yet claimed

looool oh geez - now that i get it, i reread and understand now what you were trying to quietly say a few posts ago. sorry about that
-m

last q. if you are waiting on someone specific
do you think it might be beneficial to have them/you claim in sequence
-m

last q. if you are waiting on someone specific
do you think it might be beneficial to have them/you claim in sequence
-m
i think that would be best, but was also considering that while i may only have relevant information on one person, the fact that i have that knowledge could also serve as a reaction test for the other people who haven’t claimed? does that make as much sense as it does in my head?

(i will probably go ahead and claim once the person in question does, i just don’t want to say who it is)

(and i’m also in very sketchy signal at the moment so if i suddenly disappear that’s why)

god my mind is scattered sorry for all the back-to-back posting.
if i'm understanding correctly ... i think you revealing the person's identity, and nothing else, shouldn't affect their claim adversely. so i think that it would make the most sense to ping them, have the two claims happen, and compare
-m

the fact that i have that knowledge could also serve as a reaction test for the other people who haven’t claimed? does that make as much sense as it does in my head?
i maybe see what you mean but i don't know if i agree
i'm just kind of concerned about the fact that you're noncommittally tied to like three people right now
and whoever Player X is, i don't see a way in which they'd be able to alter their claim in the hopes of matching up with your results - without knowing what they are. do you?

and whoever Player X is, i don't see a way in which they'd be able to alter their claim in the hopes of matching up with your results - without knowing what they are. do you?
i may be misinterpreting you here, but isn’t that the point? if Player X doesn’t know what type of information i have about them (or even if they are Player X) and tries to fake claim, then there is a chance that our results don’t match up - which would be what i am looking for?

yes
so there's no reason to not identify them now and lend yourself some credibility
you saying "hey Player X" gives them no extra ability to falsify a claim, but it helps me know that you aren't specifically tying yourself to a scumbuddy or something
-m

oh wait, i get what you mean, nvm!

my idea of not revealing Player X isn’t to necessarily add extra pressure to them, but is to keep the seed of doubt present in Players Y and Z: if they were originally planning on fakeclaiming but now some of their information could technically be public, that could force them to last-minute adjust their claim

keeping the identity secret isn't going to force results to become more accurate because it's not like the pure knowledge of There Existing An Inforole is going to reaction test the other three into being truthful. if that were the case, the pure fact of cops existing would make the game easy af every time

i don't think it's a true or useful reaction test to say 'hey i am an inforole and i exist.' and i think you could worm your way out at any point regardless of what happens right now
-m

Christ. What a time to be alive.

it turns out i misremembered the conversation and we hadn't narrowed it down to two people by PoE as i'd briefly thought, but rari was i think TRing bbt/mawile/trebek above you and mp7, so we chose between those two

and then i pointed out that mp7 wasn't mafia KP since she was jailed n0 and a kill went through. so we picked you

-m
You "misremembered"? Seriously? About the reason you chose the target for your night action? I was expecting something weak, but not quite that weak.

By far the more obvious explanation, I think, is that you didn't want to block either of your two scumbuddies and didn't see any point blocking the confirmed miller, the fragile vigilante, the local powertownie who was somewhat townreading you, or the "claimed" cop who was your nightkill target.
The remaining options would have been me, MP7 and whichever of Mist or Trebek is not the third member of your team.

I'm also not quite sure what to make of this (emphasis mine), although I guess it's not the most important thing:
@Redstrykephoenix is the announcer flavowriting the only power you have?

also in mewt's hypoteam i would probably soonest replace koko as of right now
but i'm mildly convinced that trebek is mafia

-m
Started thinking about yourself in third person? Trying to hide which one of you is posting? The world may never know.

(Further evidence coming in just a moment, if nothing else distracts me.)

@Trebek, if you're town, I highly advise you to stop responding to raritini now. She's trying to milk you for information and you've already given away a lot. While I might not necessarily be able to provide definitive proof that she's mafia, I think that if your goal really is to pressure the remaining non-claimants, you ought to stop talking either way.

keeping the identity secret isn't going to force results to become more accurate because it's not like the pure knowledge of There Existing An Inforole is going to reaction test the other three into being truthful. if that were the case, the pure fact of cops existing would make the game easy af every time

i don't think it's a true or useful reaction test to say 'hey i am an inforole and i exist.' and i think you could worm your way out at any point regardless of what happens right now
-m
mmk fair: i didn’t think about it like that / i think i was attributing my role more influence than it is actually deserving of lol

hi @kokorico you said you had a exciting claim?

You "misremembered"? Seriously? About the reason you chose the target for your night action? I was expecting something weak, but not quite that weak.
lol. what? if i'm scum why would i feel the need to lie about this here, what i was remembering as 'narrowing down to two people' was the final step where rari and i had decided we were between you and mp7. i also did provide like ... all of the rationale asked for so i'm not sure what you think i'd be lying about at that juncture
and didn't see any point blocking the confirmed miller, the fragile vigilante, the local powertownie who was somewhat townreading you, or the "claimed" cop who was your nightkill target.
... if we're mafia and do indeed plan to nk VF, why do we not just block vig on the offchance that he hits scum???
Started thinking about yourself in third person? Trying to hide which one of you is posting? The world may never know.
probably should not respond to this part, but this is kind of tilting and i think it was sort of clear that it was me posting a bunch in a row in the thread context. i said 'mewt's hypoteam' for clarity's sake
She's trying to milk you for information and you've already given away a lot.
do you not see that it's possible for him to be w/w with someone and trying to give himself room to worm his way out of things? i am actually interested in your take on it because i just don't think that saying "hi i'm an inforole" would plausibly force the remaining unclaimed players to suddenly tell the truth

-m

Back
Top Bottom