• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Any 'What the Devildry' songs lately?

Serge Gainsbourg has some pretty creepy songs, if that counts as 'what the'. The worst part is that you don't really realise they're weird until you listen to them a couple of times.
In Marilou Sous La Neige, he gets increasingly annoyed at the girl (Marilou) and if you listen carefully you understand that he burns her alive or otherwise kills her with a fire extinguisher at the end. The 'Neige' (snow) is, as he says, 'the carbonic snow of the fire extinguisher. The song's super pleasant-sounding too, which just makes it weirder.
Sex Shop has a fairly straightforward title but the whole song is him calling a girl a whore and accusing her of having had sex with some other guy before asking her to describe how it was.
La Décadanse is also a bit creepy because he throws off some major rape-vibes at some bits but it's no worse than other efforts. Lemon Incest can be weird if you take it as face-value (it's just about normal fatherly love, he was just trying to shock the audience with the title and lyrics :v)

Chere Inconnue by Benjamin Biolay is very weird once you listen to it a little carefully and see it's a song from a stalker's point of view.

In just plain 'what the hell' territory there's a bunch of Beatles songs (I Am the Walrus, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Strawberry Fields Forever, etc), Animal Collective's Peacebone is fairly odd and lots of The Smiths tunes are a bit weird ('I'd like to drop my trousers to the Queen/Every sensible child will know what it means').

That's all I've got for now :v

Last edited:
I don't have a link to it, but I'd say "If I Had a Million Dollars" by The Barenaked Ladys is wierd. It's wierd in the fact that their so silly when they sing it. At one part they talk about the food they would put in a small fridge in a tree house they would own if they had the money.
Silly silly silly... XD

I don't have a link to it, but I'd say "If I Had a Million Dollars" by The Barenaked Ladys is wierd. It's wierd in the fact that their so silly when they sing it. At one part they talk about the food they would put in a small fridge in a tree house they would own if they had the money.
Silly silly silly... XD

A good amount of BNL's songs are silly. Y'know if you're not counting the gut-wrenchingly sad ones...
"One Week" much?

A good amount of BNL's songs are silly. Y'know if you're not counting the gut-wrenchingly sad ones...
"One Week" much?

I forgot about that one. If you actualy try to listen to all of the fast talking they do then it's quite the odd song. XD
"Like Kurasowa I made mad films. 'K I don't make films, but if I did they'd have a samurai."

I forgot about that one. If you actualy try to listen to all of the fast talking they do then it's quite the odd song. XD
"Like Kurasowa I made mad films. 'K I don't make films, but if I did they'd have a samurai."

"Chickity china the chinese chicken,You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin,Watchin x-files with no lights on, were dans la maison,I hope the smoking mans in this one,Like harrison ford Im getting frantic,Like sting Im tantric,Like snickers, guaranteed to satisfy...

Point taken.

I thought 'detachable penis' by King Missile was pretty wtf-worthy but I can't find a decent youtube vid.

Dschinghis Khan by Dschinghas Khan, which I think was Germany's Eurovision song years ago, is disturbing and yet... awesome. :D And absolutely hilarious.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU WATCH THE GUY IN THE MIDDLE PRETENDING TO BE GENGHIS KHAN. HE IS AWESOME.

Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects

One of the only super-mainstream songs I really, really love. Just because it makes me laugh, and, yes, go "WTF?" Especially the part where it sounds like they hired the NFL to sing. I laughed out loud the first few times I heard it. I still smile at it, as it always catches me off-guard no matter how many times I listen to it.

Gomez-Machismo

The song itself isn't too weird (Except for the He's into that,that spiritul stuff. xD)
But the music video-and really, this is official- is the most freaky thing. The first 32-ish seconds, the singer is holding the camera to his face and is probably wasted.
At 1:00, there's this dance. Neveer fails t'make me laugh. xD

Back
Top Bottom