• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Hack Discussion

I misunderstood the way Flash Fire worked in ASB (I thought it was the same as in the games), so I'd like to add a little clause to Khao's signature move that states that the power boost from Flash Fire is upped by 30 base power instead of 10 base power.

And it may be stretching it a little, but could I also change it so that the move wears off when Khao has less than 15% energy, and the flames intensify when he has less than 25% health?

More concerned about the first part; I can live with the second part not being changed.

Well, I plan to power flash fire up to 20 soon; would you still want to bump it up to 30?

So you're saying you want to go from wearing off at 25% energy -> wearing off at 15% energy, and flames do damage starting at 25% rather than 15%? Okay, if you make the energy upkeep 2%/round for as long as the flames are intense.

Mostly I don't mind little tweaks to signature moves; when I say people can't change them except at evolution or when they first get the pokémon, I'm talking about replacing one move with one that's entirely different.

Actually, I forgot to include one thing: would it be possible for Flash Fire to activate immediately? I have no idea why I added that thing in about the Magmarizer taking a while to activate...

If I can get away with that and the +30 base power thing, then I don't see why not. If I can't get away with it, I'll stick with just having +30 base power.

Ahh, I see. So next time I do something like this, I could post it in the PRO, yes?

Well, going up to +30 flash fire boost with immediate magmarizer activation is going to need to result in a 2% energy upkeep at base, rising to 3% when the flames are intense if you want to alter those mechanics.

Yes, that would be where to post it.

we don't really have any way to check how much money a given person has, do we? would it be particularly difficult to add such a field to the asb tab of profiles?

It wouldn't be hard; I was thinking of adding it in once the rest of the battling stuff was done, so that the main profile page would show a player's bank balance, win/loss record, and referee rank (if any), in addition to pokémon and inventory. However, that is a long ways off.

HI ITS ME BEING ANNOYING AGAIN

Anyway, My Happiny should be able to evolve, but isn't displaying a way to do so. Same with Roger (still), who also says he has no Happiness despite having 4 (still). Is this normal? I've seen other Pokemon evolving, so. Is it an item thing? Or is Happiness all weird still?

(or I'm just missing something important which is very likely <n>)

(Also do the two happiness points Pipiri got from her battle vs moony transfer over to her evolution to Blissey?)

The happiness each of them has is as displayed; if it's incorrect, you'll need to point me to where they got the rest of it.

Chansey will need to earn four more happiness to evolve again.

Roger's EXP: 1 2 3 4 points

Pipiri's battle @Oval Stone: Here

Roger's had this problem a while, I posted it a while back in this thread, but I think it was when Happiness was all messed up.

And drats.

Thanks! :D it worked.

Also it has come to my attention that Homuncul's sprites (party and regular) don't seem to be working. I tried in both FF and Chrome, but got nothing but just the name/broken image from either. Prolly not that important since I think I'm the only person who owns one, but just so you know.

Okay, looks like the sprites got named the wrong thing. I'll ask Butterfree to fix them.

Back
Top Bottom