• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

actually, I meant more like using the move after waiting to see if the opponent will execute an action, but just before it actually happens.

I'd assume from precedent of magic coat and protect that it would work, but.

also, would a pokémon be able to tell what type the opponent's move would be before it's actually executed?
Well, the attack goes off before the attack hits, not before it actually happens. You can throw up a protect real fast once your opponent has launched a thunderbolt, but you can't do anything about it until it actually happens. Since the reacting pokémon is faster, it may be able to outpace its opponent with a quick, relatively weak attack: "If the opponent uses sleep powder, blow it back in their face with gust" works, but "blow it back in their face with hurricane," not so much. Nothing goes off before the opponent's attack actually happens, but priority attacks and relatively low-powered moves can be launched before it manages to reach its target.

You mean type as in fire type, water type, etc., or type as in damaging/non-damaging, status/healing, and so on?

Porygon could learn Teleport by TM in gen 1, but not in any other generation. However, PorygonZ was not around at that time, and there is no way to transfer a gen 1 Porygon to any generation where PorygonZ exists. The rules state that a Pokemon can use any moves its pre-evolution can, though. So to clarify, can a PorygonZ use Teleport because Porygon can learn it, even though PorygonZ itself can't?

If pokemon A has 6 clones up and pokemon B uses taunt, is the taunt at full accuracy or does it only hit one of the multiple pokemon A?

In referee headquarters, it says e-refs get a bonus $3 while in emergency referee outpost it still says $5. Also, I just thought of something. If I'm not making any mistakes, referees who pick up battles, make the thread and not ref a round still get money when the an e-ref finishes the battle.

Last edited:
I would ref it as having normal accuracy, but some people have it affected by clones, and I'm 0kay with that as well.

It should be $3; just forgot to change it in the e-ref thread. Referees who start a battle thread but don't actually post any reffings *shouldn't* get any cash, but I don't believe that's actually explicitly stated anywhere.

No, switching out resets your stat changes, as well as minor status effects like confusion and attraction, and effects like leech seed.

For energy attacks, if it's obvious during the preparation phase--i.e. they're sparking or gathering flames or whatever, yes. Damaging/non-damaging usually not.

Porygon could learn Teleport by TM in gen 1, but not in any other generation. However, PorygonZ was not around at that time, and there is no way to transfer a gen 1 Porygon to any generation where PorygonZ exists. The rules state that a Pokemon can use any moves its pre-evolution can, though. So to clarify, can a PorygonZ use Teleport because Porygon can learn it, even though PorygonZ itself can't?

Sorry to be a bother, but this?

A Pokémon can take an action to eat a Lansat Berry and gain its effect at any health percentage, right? And does it stack with Focus Energy?

No, you still have to eat it while below 33% health. It does stack with focus energy, however.

That's one thing I might be willing to alter about berries--remove the health percentage restriction on berry usage. Not a significant power-up, and it's going to become largely moot when natural gift gets updated anyway.

No, you still have to eat it while below 33% health. It does stack with focus energy, however.

That's one thing I might be willing to alter about berries--remove the health percentage restriction on berry usage. Not a significant power-up, and it's going to become largely moot when natural gift gets updated anyway.

The Pokemon choices for Battle for Asber have already been finalized, yes? Just to make sure, could DarkAura use my Froslass for the battle (since that was what she signed up with) even if I reclaim her now, before it's her turn in the battle?

If a pokemon is flying, (not with the move fly, just not on the ground) can it be hit by mega kick?

In a battle in a warehouse, I reffed ancientpower as some of the floor breaking up to become some rocks. Will this also be the case for rock slide?

If a pokemon is flying, (not with the move fly, just not on the ground) can it be hit by mega kick?

In a battle in a warehouse, I reffed ancientpower as some of the floor breaking up to become some rocks. Will this also be the case for rock slide?
It could try for a flying mega kick, but I would probably reduce the accuracy.

Yeah, that works, unless it's been stated that there's no access to natural resources (or just rocks specifically) in the arena description.

Can all Water-type Pokemon breathe underwater?
No, only the fishy ones--the ones with gills. So mudkip yes, pelipper no.

Back
Top Bottom