• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Would it be possible to combine a priority move with endeavor, super fang or another similar move, and if so would the damage from that priority move be ignored?

And for convenience's sake, can you add the calculations for reversal's damage to flail's entry? I keep having to look up reversal when what I really need is flail, and it'd be easier if it were in both places.

Will Sucker Punch work if the target intended to attack but couldn't? (e.g. full paralysis, confusion kicking in, attempted move is stopped by a restriction from the battle's rules or an effect from the arena)
Sucker punch only goes off if the opponent actually starts making their attack; if they start and only get stopped by paralysis halfway through or something, then they would get punched; otherwise, no.

Would it be possible to combine a priority move with endeavor, super fang or another similar move, and if so would the damage from that priority move be ignored?

And for convenience's sake, can you add the calculations for reversal's damage to flail's entry? I keep having to look up reversal when what I really need is flail, and it'd be easier if it were in both places.
No, the priority move would still add its damage. As far as whether endeavor or super fang can be added to a priority move, I'm going to say no to super fang, yes to endeavor only because it's described as being fast. I plan to nerf these soon, too, so get your kicks while you can.

Will do on the second point when I next go through and make some changes... I thought I had them in there in an earlier version of the guide, then took them out for some reason? No idea.

Could Quick Attack be combined with Flail? It seems a bit unlikely to me, as Quick Attack is a fast tackle, while Flail involves thrashing wildly about, which would probably interfere with the Quick Attack portion.

I would interpret it as the user launching themselves at the opponent in a burst of speed and only starting to thrash once they'd struck the target. So I would let it slide, but I say again that I plan to alter the rules on that sort of thing shortly.

What exactly can Synchronize pass along?

The description given by the guide says "all but confusion and attraction", but I'm confused about whether this is meant to include Leech Seed and statuses of that sort, not to mention Veekun tells me that it only passes poisoning, paralysis and burns.

EDIT: On a similar vein, what can Safeguard block?

Last edited:
Conditions classified as status effects are detailed in the first post of this thread; they do not include leech seed. It's as veekun says; poison, paralysis, and burns only for synchronize.

Safeguard blocks all statuses save attraction, although it won't protect against self-inflicted statuses (e.g. you use outrage and get confused).

Edit: Fixed synchronize's description.

Yes to both, and notably both swagger's confusion and its attack boost get blocked by substitute, unlike with safeguard, which only blocks the confusion.

Suppose a Pokémon uses Trick Room in the first round, then uses it again in the second round in order to undo it. Does that mean the order of commands will be the same for three rounds in a row?

Additionally, Mimic's description implies that, in the action whereupon it is used, the mimicked move is used, and remains usable. I'm pretty sure this isn't how it works in the games (and I fought the Sudowoodo at Route 36 recently; it knows Mimic and used it). So, how is it supposed to work?

Last edited:
Yes, and then they'll flip so that the command order is the reverse for two rounds before returning to normal.

It does not work that way in the games, no, but for the moment in ASB mimic involves using the mimicked move immediately, in the same action, unless explicitly told to do otherwise.

Yes, I know that. But it's not like I'm asking how effective or counterable this is. I'm just asking whether it can be done.

I couldn't quite catch this: if a pokemon has the STAB bonus, does it reduce the energy consumed by 1% in addition to the 1% damage increase?

Back
Top Bottom