• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

From personal experience, hearing the same song repeatedly will, if anything, make it more lulling than hearing it for the first time.

I really just don't understand how you can resist full paralysis of your body, but whatevs, rules is rules

If you mean the Pokemon is currently in a light sleep and you use Sing again, then no, it won't effect the target - the Pokemon can't hear stuff well in sleep - excluding huge noises like Uproar, but Sing isn't really anywhere close to Uproar. The effects of the song won't really process.

If you mean a Pokemon has woken up and you use Sing repeatedly, the Pokemon will eventually learn to try to avoid it - it still has a chance of working, of course, but the Pokemon may instinctively cover its ears, etc. I recall a tournament battle (should be 09 late bracket - forgot the participants) where a Smearagle kept using Spore so much that the other Pokemon began to resist it. It's not Sing, but it's a comparable example.

If you mean a Pokemon has woken up and you use Sing repeatedly, the Pokemon will eventually learn to try to avoid it - it still has a chance of working, of course, but the Pokemon may instinctively cover its ears, etc. I recall a tournament battle (should be 09 late bracket - forgot the participants) where a Smearagle kept using Spore so much that the other Pokemon began to resist it. It's not Sing, but it's a comparable example.

That was a battle between Grass King and I

Hey! Two questions. If my pokemon uses outrage, does it keep using outrage automatically or can it be used just once? Also, how many outrages can a pokemon do before being addled/tired?

Splash - Normal 100%
Target: Single
Class: Über
Contest Type: Final-Action Bonus
Contest Score: +20 (+40)

The user KO's the opponent. With laughter. For added effect, use this attack while intensified gravity is in effect.

You just KO'd me with laughter. But, just in case, is that serious?

If a Pokemon is holding an item, and uses Thief, then chooses to drop their own item, would they still regain it at the end of the battle, or would it be lost, like if Fling was used?

How long would a Pokémon have to be held underwater before it started to drown?

On a related note, is that a valid tactic?

It's a valid tactic; can't answer the first portion though. Nor can I answer Grass King's.

Anyway, onto my own question that someone brought up in my business thread. If a Smeargle fights a legendary, can it sketch its signature move?

How long would a Pokémon have to be held underwater before it started to drown?

On a related note, is that a valid tactic?
It depends both on the pokémon and what it did while being held underwater. If it used big, energy-consuming attacks it would tend to drown faster, while the opposite is true if it used more conservative tactics. Pokémon with gills, ghosts, and mechanical pokémon cannot be drowned. Small pokémon drown slightly faster than large ones. As a general rule, though, a pokémon will start to drown after about two rounds of being held underwater, and would be expected to fall unconscious about two rounds after that.

It is a valid tactic.

If a Pokemon is holding an item, and uses Thief, then chooses to drop their own item, would they still regain it at the end of the battle, or would it be lost, like if Fling was used?
They get their own item back.

Anyway, onto my own question that someone brought up in my business thread. If a Smeargle fights a legendary, can it sketch its signature move?
Yes.

Relatedly, what would happen if a smeargle tried to Sketch a combination of two or more moves?
Sketch would fail.

Can a Telekinesis'd Pokémon move itself around in the air?
Related, could Telekinesis suspend a Pokémon underwater until it lost consciousness? Presumably you'd want to renew it at least once, but aside from that.

Just trying to work out an effective, energy-efficient strategy here~

Can a Telekinesis'd Pokémon move itself around in the air?
Related, could Telekinesis suspend a Pokémon underwater until it lost consciousness? Presumably you'd want to renew it at least once, but aside from that.

Just trying to work out an effective, energy-efficient strategy here~
Not unless it had psychic abilities itself.

Not unless the water were somehow floating above the ground such that the pokémon would be suspended in it after being raised.

No, it currently has 15, as it always did. I believe you may be talking about Fury Cutter.

Can Magic Coat only be used on the same move once? Like, if you use it on thunder wave, then you can't bounce thunder wave back again?

But if it the ground formed a depression that was filled with water? Since then it would still be suspended off the ground.
Telekinesis lifts a pokémon up from where it is presently standing, so unless it's at the bottom of the water-filled depression to start with, lifting it up isn't going to put it any closer to the water.

Can Magic Coat only be used on the same move once? Like, if you use it on thunder wave, then you can't bounce thunder wave back again?
No. Magic coat will only bounce one attack per use, so if you're in a double battle and your opponents target you with thunder wave and will-o-wisp, only the first attack to strike will get bounced and the second will afflict you. However, if your opponent is just spamming thunder waves at you, you can bounce as many of them as you want.

Back
Top Bottom