• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Can Tri Attack inflict more than one status of the possible three? Or only one? In the games it can only do one, but in ASB multable statuses are possible, so.

Is it valid to ref a Pokemon under Gravity as trying to jump and then taking full recoil for Hi Jump Kick, or should it not be able to jump at all?

Does Rivalry provide true stat boosts, or just frame shifts? (And is it really supposed to only affect physical attacks?)

EDIT: And how much does Mud Sport reduce electric damage by?

can, say, milk drink or softboiled or heal order be used to heal others instead of oneself?
No

Does Rivalry provide true stat boosts, or just frame shifts? (And is it really supposed to only affect physical attacks?)

EDIT: And how much does Mud Sport reduce electric damage by?
Rivalry doesn't provide a stat boost; it's just an unrelated bonus. It should be for both physical and special attacks.

Mud sport reduces the effectiveness of electricity by one stage, e.g. makes a pokémon neutral against electric resistant to it, and so on.

is gyro ball really supposed to not care about speed boosts/penalties as long as the user is slower? it just seems silly.
It should work based on current speed, including all modifiers.

I would think that a Vespiquen could order drones to heal another Pokemon, and not just herself, since it's not dependent on her actions, just those of the mini-units she controls.

And also can't you feed Milktank milk to other pokemon via Milk Drink and store health? And Softboiled is just eating the Chansey/Blissey egg, right?

Ah well.

Rivalry doesn't provide a stat boost; it's just an unrelated bonus. It should be for both physical and special attacks.
Yeah, unrelated bonus is what I was getting at with "frame shift" I guess. The Guide describes it as a "+1 attack boost" though.

Yeah I was reffing it as a +1 Attack, so that confused me too.

Also! Apparently (according to TvTropes and Youtube vids that aren't running on the computer I'm using atm) Stunfisk flies in the anime. If it works for Buizel I figure Stunfisk should be consensually hovering? Or consensually flying, but hovering would make more sense.

Same for Cottonee, and presumably Whimsicott because if nothing else their Pokedex entries are always talking about them flying with the wind and whatnot.

/hoveringobsessed

EDIT: Would boosts from Flash Fire count for attacks such as Punishment or Foul Play that rely on stat-ups of sorts?

Last edited:
From what I can see, stunfisk can't actually fly; it can just jump and then flap around a bit. Cottonee, whimsicott promoted to consensually flying, though.

So, fifth gen updates are now, finally, complete! I haven't vetted any of the actual fifth-gen moves/abilities (there are probably things that changing because details are always sparse early after the release of a game, i.e. when the original descriptions were written), but old moves/abilities should be good to go. From now on, please bring outdated info on those to my attention. (With special thanks to Lord of the Fireflies for sending me many of the changes to be made back in August.)

Also fiddled with rivalry a bit.

Finally, important policy change: up until now, it has been "possible for any attack to miss," despite having 100% accuracy. This is no longer the case. If an attack has 100% accuracy, it *will not* miss unless the target is actively trying to avoid it or there are accuracy/evasion modifiers in play.

Back
Top Bottom